Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby has a cold

nicole81

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 10:55 pm
my 4 month old has been coughing for a couple of days. I'm going to call her doctor tomorrow, but is there anything I can do for her in the meantime? it's getting real bad tonight.

RedVines

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 10:58 pm
Vicks vapor rub.

Tylenol

Humidefier

nicole81

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 11:05 pm
I don't have a humidifier. do you think it's ok to run the AC on fan?

hardwrknmom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 11:11 pm
fan is draft- no good. Better AC than fan.

I know from my own experiences that the "colds" in the summer go away quicker than the winter colds.

Refuah shlaima!

smile

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 2:19 pm
Code:
Vicks vapor rub

is that not to strong for a Baby? You can get one specialy for up to a year. (just can't remember how it is called)

supermom

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 2:29 pm
vicks vapor rub they told me not to put on an infant but the doc. gave me something else can't remember what.

Tovah

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 2:31 pm
lots of baths, tempra, if no humidifier steam up the bathroom for her, nasal spray-they have for babies

smile

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 2:59 pm
I just remembered something else the doctor told me was to take her in the bathroom. close the door and switch on the hot water of all the tabs and stay in the room for about 20-30 min.

queenie

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 4:06 pm
You can buy hydrosense over the counter. It's a spray that sometimes helps babies breath a little easier, clears up some mucous if they are congested. I would definitely turn on the shower and steam up the room.

Fan or a/c doesn't matter. What ever makes a child more comfortable. There is no such thing as, "catching a draft."

Are you bottle feeding? Sometimes the type of formula might be causing the baby to have too much mucous. It depends on what type of a cough. Is it a wet cough? It might actually be a reaction to milk. The doctor will listen to your baby breath and can tell right away if the lungs are clear or not.

nicole81

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 4:41 pm
I spoke to her doctor today and he said not to give her anything or put anything on her and just to bring her in if it gets bad. I hope she is doing better tonight. if not, I'll take her in tomorrow:(

technic

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 4:46 pm
refuah shlaima - hope u both get a good nite Very Happy

Rivka

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 6:29 pm
you can get Karvol drops for babies. Or baby olbas, baby vick came off the market coz of something that happened in France (how mad).
I would go with what the Dr says, I hope your baby doesn't have an infection and is all fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics