Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Small crowd/ bar mitzvah ideas

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:15 am
Im making a bar mitzvah for my son in Lakewood in a few months. Both mine and my husbands families are very small. We have a total of 40 adults including close friends that would hopefully attend. My son would like it to be in a hall but Im just nervous that it will look too empty. We cannot invite his class since the yeshivos dont allow. Any advice on how I can make this simcha really special??

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:17 am
You can always ask the hall to move the mechitza in a way to make the room smaller so it doesn't look so empty.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:21 am
We also had a really small bar mitzva and we closed off part of the room with mechitzas although we did have his class so it added to the numbers somewhat. and kids tend to fill a room Smile. Maybe there are some small halls typically used for vorts that could accommodate you. Or a shul that has a Simcha room might feel more like a real hall... I know, these things are important to the boys and its a special time for them. Good luck!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 11:53 am
amother wrote:
Im making a bar mitzvah for my son in Lakewood in a few months. Both mine and my husbands families are very small. We have a total of 40 adults including close friends that would hopefully attend. My son would like it to be in a hall but Im just nervous that it will look too empty. We cannot invite his class since the yeshivos dont allow. Any advice on how I can make this simcha really special??

IMNSHO, I wouldn't do a hall. See if there is a function room at a restaurant that you can use instead. The food will be better, and it won't seem empty.

Mazel tov in advance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics