Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Moving present

Yudit

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 3:41 pm
my friend is moving to a house that she just built what is a nice gift to buy for like 100 dollars.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 3:53 pm
This is a little like asking "what should my friend eat for lunch today"? The options are endless and it's hard to even guess without knowing the person's taste or needs.

Some very general ideas:
A beautiful plant or orchid
A nice vase or picture frame, platter, tea box, etc.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 8:29 pm
I moved a year and change ago, and I remember the things I bought:

Take out food for the first night.

A clock for dining room.

Organizers for the bathrooom.

Something to install under cabinets, like CD radio in kitchen.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 8:52 pm
I just moved to a house, and I can tell you that you should ASK what your friend wants BEFORE giving a gift that is meant to be hung/used around the house. I still have things from my engagement that I hate but have to use because my friends come to visit. I also received a gift from a very close friend that is cute but useless and I felt the need to hang it because it was a gift. fortunately, I have a place to put it where I don't mind it too much, but I honestly hate it when people get me decorations without asking. I know that many of these things are very popular and quite expensive, and I feel bad not hanging them in prominent places, but they are just not to my taste. your friend may have things she needs, and may also want the freedom to decorate her house to her own taste. it is, after all, her house. I reiterate-- ASK HER. and if she wants something that costs less than your intended price range, just get it. she'll be very grateful.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 9:46 pm
how about a beautiful mezuzah with a nice cover to go with it ...

Yudit

Post Fri, Nov 16 2007, 10:11 am
thanks for all the suggestions.I think I will just buy her a nice plant

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Nov 16 2007, 11:42 am
good choice.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Nov 18 2007, 9:35 am
I bought my friend a silver & wood challah board. It was an easy choice because her old one was wood & all scratched up. Can you remember seeing something in her house that really needed replacing?

LikeMeDoes

Post Sun, Nov 18 2007, 3:14 pm
Having recently moved, how about a returnable gift from or gift certificate to a home supplies store like bed, bath and beyond?
That way, even if you don't want to get a gift certificate, she can easily return what you've bought, if she doesn't like/need it and buy something she does.
Every time we've moved, there've been endless bits and pieces we've needed to get.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics