Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Was today a turning point?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:05 pm
Jeanette it's his ego. I don't get why it's any different than any of the other horrible things he said.

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:09 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Jeanette it's his ego. I don't get why it's any different than any of the other horrible things he said.

Until this point there was some plausible deniability that Trump was acting on behalf of the country. Today it was all laid bare. Trump is acting on behalf of somebody but it ain't the U.S.A.

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:43 pm
Amothers, you're in good company. You know who else loves what Trump said in Helsinki today?

David Duke!

Quote:
Bravo Trump! Bravo Russia! Bravo to all the true American Patriots who put America first and Peace and Justice first before the Zionist Deep Evil State ruling American Media and Politics. Russia has values America once had and America the values that Communist Russia had!

nylon

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:48 pm
You don't have to stand next to Putin and talk about election hacking.

You also don't have to openly deny that it happened. He did it because Trump wants to control the narrative and when he repeats things enough times people believe they're true.

shiaeisen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:07 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Today the President of the United States publicly sided with Putin against our own FBI and DOJ by choosing to disregard charges of Russian hacking of his political rivals.

I'm seeing a lot of Republicans finally condemning Trump and questioning if he truly represents the interests of the United States, that he has sworn to uphold and defend. Even Ben Shapiro said his press conference was "a disgrace."

So, is today the beginning of the end for Trump? Will his base start to abandon him now? Or was his capitulation to Putin really a show of strength? Will this all be forgotten by tomorrow?

Anyone who doesn’t realize how brilliant this president is, is just naive. Did you really think it would benefit the US in some way if he had paid lip service to what liberals haters wanted, and publicly shamed Putin? How would that have helped our relationship? We have no idea what was said in their private meeting, and I’m sure Trump spoke candidly and toughly to him, as he does in all his negotiating, at which he’s great. Don’t fall into the liberal trap and believe the garbage they spew. He can’t win with them, had he been more tough in public on Putin, dems would be screaming that he put the US in danger by worsening relations with Russia! He’s done great things a,ready for this country and for Israel, and Jews everywhere. Have some faith and stop believing the lies the fake media feeds you,

shiaeisen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:07 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm waiting for. This site is my reality check. Whenever I think this gehennom has to be over soon, I come here to learn that nope, not even close.

What Gehenna?!

shiaeisen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:08 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Yes, that's what you do when you're elected president of the United States. You advocate for YOUR country. You stand up for their interests. Poor innocent little Vladimir Putin didn't need Trump to defend him. Trump needed to stand up for us. And that's exactly what he failed to do.

In Friday Mueller dropped indictments on 12 Russians for hacking into DNC databases and releasing the information to harm one party and help another. The indictment shows in exhaustive detail the evidence he has. But somehow you'd rather our president wave aside the evidence produced by OUR DOJ and FBI (remember, their job is to keep us safe) and instead protect Putin. Why?

Stop listening to CNN, you’ll be much better off, and much more informed!

shiaeisen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:09 pm
Jeanette wrote:
United States was not and is not at the point of "going to war" with Russia over their election hacking. However, their hacking was an attack on our country.

All Trump had to say was, "We have strong evidence that your country attacked the integrity of our elections. That was unacceptable." That would have been sufficient to send a message to America and the world that the American president looks out for American interests. ( And really, what else do you expect from the leader of a country ?)

Instead he chose to show weakness and utterly capitulate to Putin. He made the United States look weak on the world stage.

Unlike Obama, who “showed strength”when he he told us that he got tough with Russia when he told them, “Cut it out?”

shiaeisen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:10 pm
Jeanette wrote:
except he got nothing out of NK. And he's done nothing at the border except protect us from little kids we don't need to be protected from. He's diverting resources from fighting gangs to locking up children.

But that's beside the point. I'm glad we can agree that Trump didn't represent the country well today.

He got nothing out of NK? So you consider the return of 4 American hostages “nothing?” Wow, the level of naïveté and ignorance caused by listening to fake news media is astounding!

shiaeisen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:12 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Mueller is a Republican. The 12 indictments that lay out in detail how Russians stole the voting information (including SSNs, names, addresses, etc) of over 500,000 US citizens, hacked private servers including of election officials, etc, should be of concern to ALL US citizens. Not a "liberal" issue.

Putin is an intelligent former KGB agent who has long despised US democracy and has been working to undermine democracies in many countries, not just the US. This was one stop on his list of many countries.

I'm not sure what the "other side" of the argument is about the Russians meddling in our election unless your argument is "it's of no concern", which is certainly a valid argument but of course also not an American or patriotic argument.

The US has long been in conflict with Russia. We were defending the notion of democracy and free speech, etc while Putin has been preventing fair lelections and jailing and killing his enemies.

Putin is loving this. Trump is acting like his personal dog on a leash.

Sounds like your news sources of choice are CNN and MSNBC. I think that every Jew should be very grateful to this president for all he’s done for Israel, releasing Rubashkin, not to mention all his success on behalf of Americans, tax cuts, record low unemployment and record high economy! What’s wrong with people who buy the kool aid CNN is shoving down their throats?

shiaeisen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:14 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Amothers, you're in good company. You know who else loves what Trump said in Helsinki today?

David Duke!

Quote:
Bravo Trump! Bravo Russia! Bravo to all the true American Patriots who put America first and Peace and Justice first before the Zionist Deep Evil State ruling American Media and Politics. Russia has values America once had and America the values that Communist Russia had!

That’s pretty sick....

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:14 pm
[mean comment removed - Watergirl as a mod]

There's just no other way.

Fox

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:29 pm
Are we back at this again already? Usually we take a few weeks off between political arguments to refuel.

I would urge everyone to actually watch and/or read the transcript from the press conference that has everyone in such a tizzy: Trump-Putin Press Conference

There was certainly nothing treasonous said, and if you watch/read the transcript, you'll see that Trump's remarks about the Mueller investigation, et. al., were in response to specific reporters' questions.

Yes, Trump said that he feels the lengthy, unproductive investigation has been detrimental to relations between the two countries. Um, okay. Whether you agree or disagree with that assessment, it hardly constitutes fighting words.

The conclusion that Trump somehow "sided" with Russia is ludicrous. Basically, Putin claimed he didn't do it and pointed out that there are criminal justice treaties that can be invoked if we believe Russians tried to interfere. Putin also used the occasion to take a swat at Bill Browder, whom he claims funneled $400 million to Clinton's campaign.

Again, what would anyone expect from Putin? To collapse, sobbing and contrite, begging for forgiveness? And what was anyone expecting Trump to say? "Uh huh! Did so meddle in our election!"?

The indictments of Russians demonstrate that Russian spies spy for Russia, and Putin suggested that U.S. spies or interlopers attempt to benefit the U.S. Glad that's out in the open! Of course, had Trump promised, via hot mic, to have more "flexibility" after the 2020 election, that might be seen as potentially treasonous. But, fortunately, that didn't happen this time.

Meanwhile, yet another week has gone by in which the world has not blown up due to the sheer awfulness and ickiness of President Trump. Maybe next week . . .

simba

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:33 pm
Fox wrote:
Are we back at this again already? Usually we take a few weeks off between political arguments to refuel.

I would urge everyone to actually watch and/or read the transcript from the press conference that has everyone in such a tizzy: Trump-Putin Press Conference

There was certainly nothing treasonous said, and if you watch/read the transcript, you'll see that Trump's remarks about the Mueller investigation, et. al., were in response to specific reporters' questions.

Yes, Trump said that he feels the lengthy, unproductive investigation has been detrimental to relations between the two countries. Um, okay. Whether you agree or disagree with that assessment, it hardly constitutes fighting words.

The conclusion that Trump somehow "sided" with Russia is ludicrous. Basically, Putin claimed he didn't do it and pointed out that there are criminal justice treaties that can be invoked if we believe Russians tried to interfere. Putin also used the occasion to take a swat at Bill Browder, whom he claims funneled $400 million to Clinton's campaign.

Again, what would anyone expect from Putin? To collapse, sobbing and contrite, begging for forgiveness? And what was anyone expecting Trump to say? "Uh huh! Did so meddle in our election!"?

The indictments of Russians demonstrate that Russian spies spy for Russia, and Putin suggested that U.S. spies or interlopers attempt to benefit the U.S. Glad that's out in the open! Of course, had Trump promised, via hot mic, to have more "flexibility" after the 2020 election, that might be seen as potentially treasonous. But, fortunately, that didn't happen this time.

Meanwhile, yet another week has gone by in which the world has not blown up due to the sheer awfulness and ickiness of President Trump. Maybe next week . . .

I got to give you credit Fox, you are brave for engaging!

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:50 pm
Jeanette wrote:
November really is our last hope.

I can't imagine the country surviving another 6 years of Trump.

If we survived Obama we will certainly survive Trump..

Obama ym"s was the biggest antisemite in my life. Trump is the most pro-Israeli, friend of the frum community since LBJ ..

After 2000 years of golus we never learn... Forget about the political cr*p and just pay attention to who our friends are

WhatFor

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 4:03 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
If we survived Obama we will certainly survive Trump..

Obama ym"s was the biggest antisemite in my life. Trump is the most pro-Israeli, friend of the frum community since LBJ ..

After 2000 years of golus we never learn... Forget about the political cr*p and just pay attention to who our friends are

With friends like Trump, who needs enemies?

Don't trust a narcissistic magalomaniac just because they did something nice for you. They'll use you until you're no longer convenient. They're always the cruelest to those closest to them in the end.

ssspectacular

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 5:57 am
BTW, Obama openly meddled in the Israeli election-supporting Herzog against Netanyahu. How is that legal in any way?

Maya

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 7:27 am
Jeanette wrote:
Shaieisen is a parody account.

There's just no other way.

You’d think. But I know people who talk like this IRL. That’s how we got here in the first place.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 8:17 am
simba wrote:
I got to give you credit Fox, you are brave for engaging!

A lot more brave than Trump was when engaging Putin!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 8:37 am
IMHopinion wrote:

BTW, I don’t understand what makes you think that when you support a president, it means you agree with every single aspect of what he does.
Nothing in life works that way.

It's one thing to have policy disagreements, it's another thing when a president lets himself get played, and is too impulsive not to do a press conference. He also could have said, speak to Pompeo.

He shot someone on Fifth Avenue and he's not getting away with it in RW circles, though they are cutting him slack, making comparisons to other presidents (Dems, of course) who also got played by the Russians.

ETA: I see WhatFor also referenced Fifth Ave. Great minds.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics