Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Coming to Shul to talk
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

soap suds

Post Sat, Jul 28 2018, 10:16 pm
tichellady wrote:
One is allowed to disagree with what those rabbis said. Plenty of rabbis disagree with each other on halakhic and theological issues. I personally find any explanations for why the holocaust happened to be very troubling as do many others.

a) There's a difference between disagreeing, and calling them nervy and rude.
b) The fact that plenty of Rabbis disagree with each others doesn't necessarily give you or me the license to so flippantly dismiss their opinions.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:31 am
Leriem wrote:
I truly hope you do not mean to malign RABBI Mizrachi. Or any rabbi for that matter.

Yosef Mizrachi Must be Stopped

etky

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:47 am
There are a number of topics that are banned on imamother.
If only the topic "why did the Holocaust happen" were among them...
Intuitively I reject any human attempt to explain G-d's motivation.
However, even if a certain 'gadol' proffered an explanation, I don't think it is a good idea to discuss it here, out of its original context, and where it is almost certain to offend.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:04 am
OP I feel for you. It really is a serious problem. My dear father z'l was very strict about not talking in shul at all - not even when there were breaks in the tefillos, and certainly not during davening!!!

I can't understand how people can talk to each other in a shul - while we are TALKING TO HASHEM!!!

Every person has their individual weaknesses that they have to work on to improve. In some people talking in shul is their weakness.

I understand some women need to socialize. Perhaps a large sign can be put up clear for everyone to see -' if you need to talk in shul kindly do so outside. It extremely disturbs those who are davening.'

Or give the talkers a separate part of the shul- a distance away from those who are davening.

I really hope a solution is found, be'H.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:18 am
Leriem wrote:
Thank you. I think the next topic I will bring up will be, “Why are some people here so nasty to new members?” Maybe I should have joined during the three weeks instead.

Excellent topic. Though I think you should adapt the title to - "why do some I/mothers respond nastily and degradingly to other imamothers' posts, and BASH them mercilessly?"

Leriem dear, it's not only the newbies that get nasty responses. It happens to the oldies too.
And having experienced it, I say it can be verrrrrrry painful.

It would be nice if we all remembered that "we agree to disagree but in a civilized and respectful manner."

Welcome Leriem to imamother. I'm SO glad you joined.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:27 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I heard that the reason Hitler didn't get to the Sephardic Jews was because they don't talk in shul.

PLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEE!!!!!!!!! Let's NOT start with this.

We don't know Hashem's Ways and Reasons for things that happen.

What we do know is that Hashem Runs the world in the most magnificent and perfect manner.

And like a wise relative of mine always says when people start giving their 'know it all' talks -

HASHEM CAN MANAGE THE WORLD PERFECTLY ON HIS OWN.

HE DOES NOT NEED A SECRETARY.

Debbie

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:28 am
amother wrote:
Excellent topic. Though I think you should adapt the title to - "why do some I/mothers respond nastily and degradingly to other imamothers' posts, and BASH them mercilessly?"

Leriem dear, it's not only the newbies that get nasty responses. It happens to the oldies too.

It would be nice if we all remembered that "we agree to disagree but in a civilized and respectful manner."

Fuschia and Leriem I'm sorry you have both experienced nastiness here.
I don't agree with all the opinions here,but I would rather say nothing than be rude,and hurtful.
Leriem,you are only saying what others are possibly thinking,please try not to let the unpleasant comments get to you,and welcome from me too.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:31 am
DrMom wrote:
Can you bring earplugs for amida?

I know you are trying to help OP, but if she inserted earplugs into her ears, how would she hear the Shemonei Esrei and tefillos at all?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:45 am
happyone wrote:
My belief is that God accepts our prayers (even in our own words ) in a shul, on a train, on a noisy bus, on the beach , in a bathtub etc... I'd love to know a source to prayers not being accepted where people talk. We are only responsible for our own actions.

First of all - well said!!! and very true.

On another note - do u really pray when u r in the bathtub?

if I remember reading correctly in a sefer, one may not talk about or to Hashem, or think about Hashem while in the bathroom and toilet.

Debbie

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:46 am
amother wrote:
PLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEE!!!!!!!!! Let's NOT start with this.

We don't know Hashem's Ways and Reasons for things that happen.

What we do know is that Hashem Runs the world in the most magnificent and perfect manner.

And like a wise relative of mine always says when people start giving their 'know it all' talks -

HASHEM CAN MANAGE THE WORLD PERFECTLY ON HIS OWN.

HE DOES NOT NEED A SECRETARY.

Fuschia,I gave a hug because I love your post,it is absolutely spot on!
I wish there was a heart button for posts we more than like.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:55 am
ra_mom wrote:
His name must be Yosef Mizrahi. And he must have gotten direct ruach hakodesh straight from the source.

Why r u doing this???

Mentioning names?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 3:58 am
Debbie wrote:
Fuschia,I gave a hug because I love your post,it is absolutely spot on!
I wish there was a heart button for posts we more than like.

Thank you, Debbie. I appreciate it.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 4:11 am
pause wrote:
I reported posts which use the amother feature to attack someone.

OP is new here. Give her a chance. She's posting using her screen name so you can PM her if you are sincere.

I hope Yael takes action against posters who abuse the amother feature. It's gotten way too out of hand, and there must be repercussions for anonymous bullies.

what is an amother feature?
ty

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 4:32 am
perquacky wrote:

What actually bugs me more are the women who come to shul and sit outside to talk. They never go into the building at all. I do think that shul should be a social experience as well as a religious and emotional one, but why bother coming to shul at all if you're not going to daven even one bit? And these women do not have small children they need to watch.

"Perquacky" (I love your name - it's so perky and upbeat)
You have a point, but, we can't have it all, so, at least these talkers talk OUTSIDE the shul and (hopefully) don't disturb those davening inside.

Some people are cooped up in their home all week with little kids sometimes plus working full time 5-6 days a week. Shabbos is the only time they can unwind and they desperato need the getting out, the socializing.

True they can do it in a park or some other place .... but again, at least they do it outside the shul.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 4:45 am
Good morning and shavua tov,
So I used to be just like you OP, if anyone talked during davening it really disturbed me. Now, twenty years later, I have a son who is totally off the derech and keeps nothing. So I became so much more tolerant of other people and more ahavas yisroel than ever. I wish my son would come to shul even just to shmooze!
If your heart is filled with ahavas yisroel, the talking in shul won't bother you as much, I hope.
Before you go to shul, daven to Hashem that it shouldn't bother you and that you should love these people.
Maybe that will help. Good luck.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 4:56 am
Leriem wrote:
Oh thanks for clearing that up. I’m still unsure as to how this whole site works. So there’s a moderator on each thread??

Whew!!! Thank G-D that there is!!!

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 5:54 am
Thanks for your kind response Leriem!

EmpireState

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 8:03 am
Leriem wrote:
Thank you for saying that. I don’t know what to make of some of the women here who make vicious and sarcastic remarks in response to other people’s posts. Is that typical here?

It does happen unfortunately. It took me awhile to not take it personally.
Have a wonderful day!

Leriem

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:22 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Yosef Mizrachi Must be Stopped

So must that kind of awful lashon hara and zilzul rabbonim, very serious Aveiros!

Leriem

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:23 pm
amother wrote:

Thanks so much. Very Happy It’s people like you who offset the unpleasantness of the nasty posts.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions