Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
If you are a normal weight, pls post what you eat
1  2  Next

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 5:57 am
Like on a normal day.

TIA!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 6:31 am
I am 6 lbs overweight.... earlier this year I was 16 lbs overweight and I’ve been eating the same thing for breakfast lunch and supper. My goal is not to gain and hopefully loose. So far I’ve lost 10 lbs... 6 more to go.
I know you asked for people to respond who are not overweight. I’m responding because I don’t believe in people eating too little and starving themselves. I love food! I found that I can eat what I like but all in moderation.

Breakfast
Sterns pre packaged danish (they are small)
Coffee with almond milk and Splenda

Lunch
A big salad consisting of:
Lettuce
Shredded cabbage
Tomatoes
Beets
Tuna
Sliced eggs
Corn
Dressing is only lemon juice, salt and pepper

Snack
Greek yogurt cheese snack
Coffee with almond milk and Splenda

Supper
1/2 cup macaroni (I measure 1/2 cup raw and cook) with a slice of melted light Muenster cheese and tomato sauce
1 red pepper sliced

If I am hungry in between meals (usually not) I eat a fruit or a little unsweetened applesauce

Water with all meals and snacks

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 6:51 am
Thanks for posting. I kinda don't think 6lbs is overweight at all. It's still normal. I feel I've completely lost track of what normal people eat. Not looking for a diet as such, just to normalize my eating .

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 7:40 am
2 eggs and a slice of cheese

1 slice of pizza and a Diet Coke

Grilled chicken and corn on the cob

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 7:46 am
Breakfast: Cheerios, stone-ground oatmeal, or Shredded Wheat with milk and topped with a cut up banana and berries (strawberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries) and about a 1/2 teaspoon of granulated brown sugar; a cup of strong coffee with milk.

Lunch:
chummus, whole wheat pretzels, Spanish eggplant salad, and another cup of coffee.

Snack if I'm hungry: a small apple or baby carrots

Dinner examples:
Chicken or tofu stir-fry w/vegetables over whole wheat angel hair pasta or Jasmine brown rice; salmon with spinach and cottage-fried potatoes; whole wheat pasta with a tomato-based sauce including chickpeas, eggplant and/or mushrooms topped with a little Mozzarella and Romano cheese, with broccoli or summer squash...

Later: a cup of wine with 1 oz of almonds and cashews.

I eat the same breakfast and lunch most days. Also, I have a food scale and use it along with other methods of portion control like buying chummus packed in little 2-oz containers. I have been in normal weight range my whole life.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 7:50 am
5 6". 155lb.
Coffee red milk no sugar and slice of cake
4 slices franzcos whole wheat bread and muenster cheese.
Sometimes2 slices bread cheese and slice salmon.
Yogurt (should I write fruit?! That would look soooo normal...but yeah only on a very good day)
Chicken and potatoes or whatever dinner is. Hopefully salad if I'm in the mood.
I walk 30 min a day 3-5 days a week.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 8:11 am
It totally depends on the person...

I am a normal weight (size 4) but I eat the amount of what two people would eat. I also exercise, and I'm nursing, but I wonder if one day my eating habits will catch up with me. I'm sure they will.

My day looks like:
Breakfast- coffee and 2 grilled cheese sandwiches or eggs and oatmeal
Snack- fruit or pastry
Lunch- bagel/blintzes/sushi salad
Snacks: yogurt, fruit, chips, ices/ice cream (combination of some of these)
Dinner: protein (2 large servings) and potatoes/rice and veggies OR
Post dinner snack: usually ices and chips

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 8:47 am
OP - I'm not going to post what I eat because I don't eat balanced.

However - for you - the weight loss experts will disagree about where your calories should come from (some sugar, no sugar, high fat, low fat) but in common to all plans is total calories can't exceed around 2000 for most women. Do you have a sense of how many calories you are eating a day?

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 8:57 am
I ate the same general diet during different years of my life. Before my metabolism kicked out, I was "normal weight". Then all of a sudden I wasn't. I modified a bit and got things under control (though not back to where I used to be), and then hurt myself and my activity level went down and my weight went up again.

For me, what I eat is more about a healthy balance (cholesterol, sugar, etc) than what I weigh.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 10:31 am
Breakfast for me is a lot of different choices, polenta, oatmeal, eggs with veggies, trader joes meatless sausage patties, sweet potato with butter or cheese. Depends on mood, how much time I have, what the kids want. I dont have patience to make different food for everyone.

Snacks are usually a fruit, string cheese or slice of cheese, hummus and crackers, popcorn

Lunch I either take dinner leftovers or I buy something like a soup and fries (not healthy but I try to be moderate)

I love variety so dinner is always different. I try and always have a combo of carb, veggie and protein.

I try and keep my caffeine habits reasonable. I usually have a cold brew coffee in the morning and a second coffee later in the day. I started to get into matcha lattes which are made of green tea. I drink around 60 oz of water a day not including coffee or tea.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 10:32 am
Low carbs
Foods with as little added sugar as I can manage- hoping to be able to go completely added sugar free one day
Absolutely no fake sugar - causes weight gain

Lots of protein. Lots of fat. Eggs, avocado, loooots of nuts, full fat milk only. Eating fat doesn't make you fat. Eating sugar and flour turn to fat in the body and make you fat. When Americans switched from bacon and eggs for breakfast to cereals and muffins, obesity rates rose. I notice when I eat my hard boiled eggs for lunch instead of a sandwich, I'm not frantically reaching for crunchies (granola bar) a couple of hours later. Prestigious medical organizations were bribed by the sugar industry to promote fat in foods as the driver of weight gain, when it was sugar all along. Sugar causes obesity and heart disease. Viva la full-fat milk!

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/0......html

https://www.npr.org/sections/t.....t-fat

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 10:52 am
breakfast: beets & avocado

snack: grapes & spelt pretzels & a piece of dark chocolate

lunch: avocado/lettuce/tomato sandwich

snack: apple with almond butter

dinner: chicken, rice/quinoa/couscous, salad

chill out night snack: ices/zours

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:01 am
I'm a normal weight because that's how Hashem made my body. I generally try to eat healthy, with lots of vegetables, healthy fats and protein. I drink lots of water. But I will also eat a donut once in a while, regular challah on shabbos, pasta twice a week or so. I don't have rules, I just keep the bigger picture of health in mind and try to keep things balanced.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:01 am
I am pretty normal weight

I eat two whole wheat breads with cheese for breakfast (usually with a cup of milk)
Then, at work - for snack, lunch, snack.. .whatever (I just eat randomly through the workday at my desk)
Yogurt, Sliced pepper, apple, granola bar, tuna/ tuna sandwich, banana, Israeli salad... (about 2-3 of these, every day different)
Sometimes when I get home from work I'll have a snack (ices, cookie...) to tide me over till supper.
Supper - Chicken/meat/fish + sweet potatoes/potatoes/rice + brocolli/veggie salad (any variation of the above... and sometimes something else, but this is basically it. I just make sure to have a protein, starch and vegetable by dinner)
Usually don't eat after supper, because I go to sleep early (about 3- 4 hours after we eat)
ETA: And I drink lots of water (and no other drink besides the cup of milk at breakfast - no coffee, juice or soda or anything like that)

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:22 am
Almond milk coffee, kind bar, 2 eggs, fruit smoothie (water and fruit), rice, salmon, veggie soup, maybe another kind bar, (sonetimes dark chocolate).

shepherdess

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:24 am
I am a dietetic intern and also at a normal, healthy weight. I eat whatever appeals to me whenever I am hungry - and occasionally even if I am not hungry. (example, muffin or cheerios, almond milk/milk, clementine for breakfast, snacking on pretzels, yogurt, chummus, carrots, graham crackers or whatever is around. Sandwich with tuna/egg/cheese and salad for lunch, almond butter and ice cream for snack, chili, rice and vegetable soup for supper and then usually another snack after supper.)

I NEVER ignore my hunger. If I'm hungry, I eat - even if it's a weird meal time. Unless I am too busy to notice my hunger but that is another issue.

And here's another 2 cents in case you are interested: Although I am quite educated in the benefits of some foods over others, I've found that a restrictive mindset (even not crazy restrictive but just like ok I'm going to cut down on xyz) can work against you - it's a psychological game.

The trick is to focus on POSITIVE lifestyle changes. which healthy foods can you learn to love and eat more of? When can you get that extra shopping trip into the farmers market so you are well stocked on fruits and veggies? How will you incorporate joyful movement into your life?

I naturally enjoy healthy food more than unhealthy food - which I think would occur to more people if they didn't view unhealthy food as "bad" and "cheating" and therefore all the more enticing.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:34 am
I’m not a good model but here goes-

Breakfast -
Vitamins and water
Maybe some cereal or a few cookies or a banana if I have time

Lunch-
2 ww breads with cheese and tomatoes or ketchup and a big salad. If I skip my salad there goes my digestive system

Snack-
Anything I find. Snack bag, cookies, fruit, cheese stick ect

Dinner-
Whatever I make. Pizza and a cooked veg, pasta and soup, stew, steak and mashed potatoes, baked schnitzel and string beans ect

Sometimes I nosh in bed with a movie at night. Yummy.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:39 pm
I'm normal weight, some think I need to gain........

Anyhow, I can't post what I eat bc it varies so much depending on the day, but compared to what I'm reading here, I eat more and lots of carbs. However, I am also very active.

As others have mentioned restriction does not work and will backfire. If I'm craving something (yes, even if chocolate or cake) I will have some in moderation. In my opinion it's all about balance. Trying a healthy substitute for example for a craving never works and in the end you end up eating more. Who the heck wants an apple or carrot sticks when they are craving chips?????? Your body will crave salt if for example you are severely limiting it or sweating a lot.

Also, limiting carbs can backfire and you will be constantly hungry. They have gotten such a bad rep but they are fuel for your brain and muscles. I eat carbs especially if I know I have a big athletic event coming up there is no way to function without them.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:42 pm
I am 5'3" and weigh just over 100 pounds. I ate cereal and milk for breakfast, a bag of popcorn midmorning, a roll with avocado for lunch today. Midafternoon I will likely eat a fruit, or some pretzels. Then for dinner will eat tuna casserole. That is a typical schedule for me, 3 balanced meals and 2 light snacks. The only thing that changes is the foods. Like another day I might have soup with crackers for lunch, and chicken with potatoes for dinner. I never dieted in my life.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 1:27 am
My weight is average despite the fact that I eat all the wrong foods. Lots of carbs including cookies/cake. I'm not very active either. I guess it's genetics. It's not always about the food.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise