Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Good Bye---- DUNCAN HINES
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

jewgal84

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 2:50 pm
Brachad & Shanie5:

I guess it sure does depend on which store you shop at and how much stock it has. I went shopping yesterday and counted over 7-8 diff types of cakes. (we bought a couple of each, just in case!)

Tila

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 3:21 pm
when I heard back in aug I went to Platsburg and bought out all the chocolate and white and yellow mixes. WANT SOME????

supermom

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 3:24 pm
you got to come here in israel they are still on the shelves for full price they are stocked up

queen

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 5:56 pm
thanks estee for posting your recipe, sounds really good and I will have to copy it down....
thanks again
Queen

Tila

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 4:08 pm
you have to snail mail them. I tried calling, and I went to the website, no luck. Anyone want to start a petion of sorts here??

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 4:33 pm
Tila, you could write up your own petition here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html
(or at other sites like that, google "petition")
let us know when you post it, I'll sign!!!

Tila

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 2:26 pm
Thanx 613!! If I have time at this session I will do it, if not I will get to it next week!!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Oct 21 2006, 9:50 pm
UPDATE: THEY HAVE STARTED MAKING SOME FLAVORS PARVE AGAIN!!

The other day I was in Shoprite and saw 2 parve cake mixes, other than the brownies. I bought them but was nervous that it was old boxes used by mistake so I called them to make sure.
I was told that because many people complained about the change, they've decided to make some of the mixes parve.
HOORAY! We don't have to completely give up Duncan Hines after all!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Oct 21 2006, 11:29 pm
Wow !!!!!!!!!!!

faigie

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 8:51 am
oh YAY!!!!
what kinds of parev cake mixes do they make now???
do you havw the telephone number please?

faigie

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 9:15 am
thanks saraG for the mix recipes. just curious, is the choc mix result ina moist cake?
how long did it take you to type all of that????
you rock!

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 10:21 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:

The other day I was in Shoprite and saw 2 parve cake mixes, other than the brownies. I bought them but was nervous that it was old boxes used by mistake so I called them to make sure.
I was told that because many people complained about the change, they've decided to make some of the mixes parve.

I thought that they were old mixes! In my parents hometown, the mixes were on sale and by chance my dad decided to look and see if they'd magically lost their Dairy status - he was so surprised to find several pareve mixes, so they bought all the mixes from different stores in the area. We all thought that they were old mixes that the store had in storage somewhere. . . it's good to know that they're making pareve runs again.

yrs1025

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 10:24 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:

Do you know what the Pareve mixes are? What type of cake?

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 10:27 am
We found yellow, devils food, and maybe a few other flavors. Also brownies - did their brownies also go completely dairy?

yrs1025

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 10:48 am
DefyGravity wrote:
We found yellow, devils food, and maybe a few other flavors. Also brownies - did their brownies also go completely dairy?

Thanks! The yellow batter is what I use and I am happy that it is pareve again. I wonder if the angel food cake is pareve. My mil likes to use it.

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 10:51 am
It's not all pareve again, you may not be able to find the mixes where you live. It seems live Duncan Hines is just making pareve runs, so they'll probably be hard to find. I haven't found them where I live yet (and I've looked), but there were several where my parents live.

queen

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 11:05 am
that's great news! We are still working our way through our boxes though. I think we had about 20 left. (mostly marble or yellow)

We recently found DH brownies on sale for .99ยข so we bought another 18 boxes of those..... (I use them to make fancy dipped cookies for simchas)

queen

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 11:16 am
Defy- you found the cakes or brownies on sale yesterday??

su7kids

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 12:14 pm
here is a quote from today's koshertoday newsletter, I believe yo ucould subscribe at koshertoday.com

Duncan Hines Reverts Back to Pareve
Cherry Hill, NJ...More than a year after it added dairy ingredients to its OU certified line of cake mixes, Pinnacle Foods is moving back to Pareve. Although KosherToday was not able to verify the report, a source told KosherToday that the move had already been made and that an announcement by the company is imminent. KosherToday will, of course, update the story in a future edition. Pinnacle Foods' decision last year to go dairy caused an outcry from many kosher consumers who used the cake mixes for dairy, meat, and pareve meals. It was also criticized by many of the 56 million Americans who are lactose intolerant. A similar decision by Stella Dora of Nabisco several years ago was greeted by a large outcry by consumers, which caused the company to reverse the decision. Duncan Hines was owned by Procter and Gamble for many years but when it experienced difficulty was sold to Pinnacle Foods, based in Cherry Hill, NJ, which also acquired such well-known kosher brands as Lender's Bagels.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 12:21 pm
queen wrote:
Defy- you found the cakes or brownies on sale yesterday??

Yup, cakes were on sale for $1 each.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen