Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
This is discusting But please HELP!!!!!!!!
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 4:14 pm
Situation is this: I have a two year old who discovered with fascination what happens when he has a bowel movement. He also finds its interesting to feel and experiment with it!!! Lately e/ morning we come to his room and find "stuff" all over him he tell me its like a Paper and pen! And he puts it on his legs his arms and all over his crib! I know this is gross and I hope noone is eating while reading but I dont know what to do!
ive never heard of a kid doing this b/4 and I just cant keep on washing all his stuff plus dumping him in the bath twice a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please help!
thank you

technic

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 4:24 pm
u could try back2front nappies (might work but might not) or sewing him into pjs - I know it sounds mad but it works!!!...we used sleepsuits that fastened at the back but its prob 2 warm 4 that right now, so a vest and shorts combo that uve fixed together on him should do the trick - good luck!!!

technic

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 4:26 pm
...but why would u post this as amother Confused

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 6:17 pm
Another amother : I have heard of lots of kids doing this. In fact, my mother tells horrible stories about me doing this when I was a baby. embarrassed I hope it's okay that I'm posting this anonymously Very Happy

Why don't you start toilet training since he's already two ? I would recommend using a toilet seat instead of a potty. Good luck.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 8:08 pm
This is amother 1
Technic im not sure I understand, how to sew pj's onto a kid?
also sewing together pj's as in shorts and top wouldnt work cuz um this is graphic again but he reaches from the bottom of his pants not the top!
But thanx

technic

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 8:17 pm
sorry I couldnt help! Sad

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 10:07 pm
Technic, its ok!!!!!!!!! Anybody else have any advice out there it would be soooooooooooo appreciated! Im due in about 2 weeeks and this is abit stressful on me right now!
anyway amother 2 Thanx for writting its nice to know that my kid is not the first one Smile Did your mom have any good ways to get you to stop?
I actually thought of potty training him but like I wrote above im due really soon and I dont want to start when other big changes will be happening G-D willing

miriam

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 11:53 pm
Amother, this is what we are all here for. To tell you your child is not crazy ir the first to do this. Unfortunately, he's not the last. Put him in pj's such as a onesie and then pants. They sell two piece which snap the top and bottom together. But you are probably not in the mood to go trekking around for pj's.
Good Luck and Bshaa Tovah!!!

Tefila

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 1:53 am
Put on him onesies as miriam said or use duct tape, or teach him it's yuck and not to do it at 2 yrs they should get the message no? What

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 7:54 am
amother, I don't know if this would work for the summer, but a kid I worked with (who had DS) used to do the same thing, smear it all over his crib, put it in his mouth, and where not.
His mother put him on sleepers with the zipper in the back so he couldn't open it..

What she actually did for the summer, she took a pair of sleepers, the thinnest ones she can find so the child shouldn't be too hot, and cut off the bottom part, so it was only till his knees, or a little longer, the zipper was in the back so he couldn't take it off.
Maybe it will work

I also think you should teach him.
Try first with good, promise him s/thing if he dosent do it anymore.

Good Luck!

lucky

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 8:02 am
If he is smart enough to be facinated with it, he is old enough to be told that it is totally not acceptable and makes mommy MAD. Try to promise/bribe him not to do it. Also maybe you prepare different ENTERTAINMENT for him.

Good Luck.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 8:08 am
I'm posting as amother since I know the general feeling of this forum is against what I would do.
My son would be slapped on his bottom for doing it. He may be 2 years old, but he seems to be a smart cookie and knows how to get tatty and mommys attention.

de_goldy

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 8:24 am
Then he obviously doesn't need physical violence to get the message accross. He can be made to understand in other ways.

Shimmysmom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 8:34 am
I once worked with a kid who did this, and honestly what worked with her was lots of layers. one including tight pants under a girls bathing suit.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 10:56 am
Another amother here : I would think of some aversive strategy. Something that your kids doesn't like. It doesn't have to be patching if you are against that, but it should be a consequence that he will remember. For my kids, I used to give them showers. Not cold ones, just regular warm showers. They hated the feeling of water running down their face and so they quickly learned not to make a mess. Obviously your kid has to be old enough to be able to learn from consequences, though.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 10:56 am
Hi all this is amother1 again, firstly thanx all for your input! and yes my son is pretty smart as in when we come in to his room after he informs us to take off his sheet and put that and his blanket into the wash and him into the bath!
I dont know I tried long pants since yesterday (instead of shorts) and so far it hasnt happened again, I tried tellling him that its absolutely GROSS and he better stop and ofcourse he says he will and than goes and does it again! ( my new thaught is that its another way to get a bath- he loves it and seems one a day is not enough) I dont know, but thanx again and any more input is well appreciated!!!!!!!!!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 10:59 am
The consenquence idea is good but I wouldnt like what????
Even when I do give a small patch he thinks its funny and I would want the consenquence to fit the "crime" any good ideas? I mean he is pretty little after all so not drastic just something!

technic

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 11:16 am
he sounds like a bright boy kyh so u can reason w him - how abt u promise a long bath (toys etc) if he stays clean, and just a short wash if he "misbehaves"?

micki

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 11:32 am
try tights. cut off the legs if its hot.

lucky

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 12:28 pm
technic wrote:
he sounds like a bright boy kyh so u can reason w him - how abt u promise a long bath (toys etc) if he stays clean, and just a short wash if he "misbehaves"?

I like this idea. He just gets rinsed in the tub after making a mess.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics