Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is it tacky??
Previous  1  2

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:54 pm
amother wrote:
Mom39, I'm sure you mean they hand deliver it to you, not put it into your mailbox. It is classy if it gets hand delivered directly to you.

Really? Who knew? We did it because our invites were printed late.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 10:07 pm
amother wrote:
Really? Who knew? We did it because our invites were printed late.

Did you hand deliver or sneak them into mail boxes?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 11:33 pm
amother wrote:
I think it’s tacky to ask whether something is tacky.

This!!!!!

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 11:41 pm
It's actually illegal to drop something off in someone's mailbox?! How absurd

southernbubby

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:37 am
amother wrote:
It's actually illegal to drop something off in someone's mailbox?! How absurd

Is putting something in a mailbox against the law? The U.S. Code for crimes and criminal procedure prohibits the placement of unstamped flyers in any mailbox. Title 18, section 1725 states that any person who knowingly deposits "mail-able matter" without postage in an established letter box shall be subject to a fine.Mar 27, 2013

I see a lot of people here who hand deliver invitations and have also seen a small number of email invites.

It is a good idea to send out save the date emails ahead of delivering the invitations.

DrMom

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:44 am
It seems silly to walk to the post office to pay to mail a letter to someone who lives next door.

If being practical = tacky, then I guess it's tacky.

I'd call it plain common sense.

And if it is tacky, then what? You're not attending the simcha?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 3:36 am
In Israel this is totally the norm. The postal service in my city is horrendous. No one uses it for invitations. We have never received so much mail, it's laughable. Whenever someone gets engaged or makes a Bar/Bat mitzvah, I always tell them to whatsapp me a picture of the invitation because we will never get it.
Most people in our circles use paperless post or evite. We printed 50 invitations to my son's bar mitzvah for him to give out in school to his friends and rebbeim. We mailed some to chareidi relatives who don't have email. Not sure if they all received them because we also called to follow up. Everyone else got paperless post.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 4:35 am
For my brother’s bar mitzvah over 20 years ago, we mailed an invite to our next door neighbor. The mailman returned it saying they don’t deliver so close. So my mother hand delivered it.
The postal service is for the convenience of getting them sent to many people with minimal effort.
In my Israeli Chareidi community the invitations are hand delivered. Those sent out of the neighborhood are through the Israel Postal Service. The local ones are sent through the other kids. They are handed to the recipients, laid at the door or taped to the door.
DS's invitation to the first day if gan was leaning on the foot of our door when we came home last week.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics