Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What’s in style for 3 year old yarmulkes?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 8:07 am
My son is turning three and I need to buy him yarmulkes. I know the colorful printed ikappas are in and I got him a few of those. Is it still in style to do a name or an initial? Or should I just stick with funky pictures? I haven’t done this in a while since my other boys are much older. Any names of Instagram pages, links, or pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks!

asp40

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 8:55 am
No idea about style. But never put your kids name on any outer clothing or backpacks. Then anyone can just call them by name and seem like a friend. Stick with an initial.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 8:55 am
Initials and names are always nice. some do cartoon heros. On imamother they'll say name isn't "safe" (their fav wording lol).

keym

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 9:17 am
I see plenty of grey, blue, some colors "cloth looking yarmukas" with the kids first letter.
But I also still see plenty of classic black velvetvwith name or letter.
This is in Lakewood.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 9:23 am
Solid colors to match outfits with initials are also in. For example royal blue, denim.....

flowerpower

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 9:28 am
Check out Paisly designs on Instagram. She has gorgeous designs. Ask her to send you a sample sheet. Polka Tops is also pleasant as well as Name St.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 9:38 am
No help with the design, but when my DS2 was little, he liked klipped kippahs. http://klippedkippahs.com/

(When DS1 was that age, they all wore Bukharian kippahs. Heaven. They stayed on, were impossible to lose, and were comfortable.)

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 9:38 am
keym wrote:
I see plenty of grey, blue, some colors "cloth looking yarmukas" with the kids first letter.
But I also still see plenty of classic black velvetvwith name or letter.
This is in Lakewood.

I never do velvet. I only do the terylene, suede, or denim or “cloth”. But wasn’t sure if to put an initial on.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 9:41 am
flowerpower wrote:
Check out Paisly designs on Instagram. She has gorgeous designs. Ask her to send you a sample sheet. Polka Tops is also pleasant as well as Name St.

Thanks. I will check out the Instagram pages.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 9:51 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I never do velvet. I only do the terylene, suede, or denim or “cloth”. But wasn’t sure if to put an initial on.

Yarmulkesandbows.com has multiple material options and adorable personalization.

gande

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 10:59 am
I follow polka tops on instagram and she does adorable embroidery with initials and pictures. It is definitely still in.

mha3484

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 11:17 am
I second not putting full names on. I had a really creepy experience with someone trying to talk to my son in the grocery store and after that the yamulka was no more. I find that my kids go through them like water so I dont buy so many expensive ones since they all seem to get lost in the beginning.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:02 pm
Ikippah
Double header
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics