Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where do you keep .... ?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 8:35 am
How do people hang backpacks on hooks? They are ridiculously heavy! And we often have a giant binder or textbook besides that doesn't fit inside the bag and needs a home. (No desks in he bedrooms- kids do homework on their beds or at the kitchen or dining room table.

We keep stuffed animals in large shoe container cloth things hanging from the inside closet door. Clean laundry lives in the basket on the floor of the room of the owner, so they can take as needed until it's folded.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 8:56 am
Love this thread! I’m a big believer of a home for every item. I don’t buy something new unless I have a place for it.

Backpack, tefillin, my pocket book on hooks on my coat closet door

Onions in the fridge

Potatoes under the sink in a bucket

Clean shmattes in a big bag on the bottom of my pantry

Dirty shmattes in a bucket under my sink (so we don’t smell it all week)

Clean laundry in a laundry basket in the corner of my room embarrassed until it gets folded

Vacuum in my coat closet (don’t have any other space).

Junk papers get thrown out the minute we receive them. Important papers that need to be worked on (bills, applications ect) go into a big green bowl on the kitchen table this way we can work on them during dinner. As soon as it’s done it gets filed into a family loose leaf under the correct category tab. Ie- gas bill, water bill, application for x ect. or thrown out if we won’t need it for the future.

Newspapers and magazines in the magazine rack. Every few weeks or as it’s very full sort and giveaway. I clip the recipes I like first which go into a binder for recipes. It’s has dividers for mains, sides, desserts ect. I just slip the recipe into a plastic. (This is a great summer project for your teens BTW.)

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 10:11 am
Backpacks on the floor of the coat closet. They can come out during HW time.

Potatoes and onions in a pull out draw under the sink.

Stuffed animals on the beds and on the shelves in the rooms. Too many and the kids chuck them.

Magazines and mail in a drawer. We each have a kitchen drawer built into the center island. This is wonderful for leaving the kitchen clutter free.

Clean laundry goes in the dining room. The dining room has doors that can be closed. It functions as a laundry folding room and DH's office during the week.

Tefillin is kept in the car and at school. Hats have a shelf in the coat closet.

Dirty rags into a bin. They are generally washed the day they are used.

My question is where do you keep small kitchen appliances? I am out of room in my kitchen.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 10:15 am
if you wash the rags the day you use them how small of a load do you do?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 11:09 am
where do you keep library books? the kids read them in their beds or on the couch and they're always getting lost

where do you keep goggles? everytime its time for swimming kids can't find goggles

where do you keep lightbulbs, batteries, ribbon, and envelopes etc?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 11:12 am
amother wrote:
if you wash the rags the day you use them how small of a load do you do?

I do about half a load.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 12:09 pm
sirel wrote:
We put them on the floor of the coat closet.

Where do you keep dolls and stuffed animals ?

Where do you keep wet or dirty shmattes?

Dirty shmattes under the slop sink in the washroom in a specific deep plastic bin preferable ones that have holes in it so if it doesn't get washed more than once a week it wont get moldy.
Dolls and stuffed animals go in a hanging net specific for it in a corner of the room.

1Life2Live

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 12:11 pm
We have a buffet that we used to use for Shabbos dishes. Now that we have room to store them in our kitchen, I removed the shelf inside the buffet and that's where we dump all our bags. One drawer in the buffet is also dedicated to yarmulkas.

Adela

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 12:48 pm
crystal wrote:
Where do you keep papers etc. I have a lot of clipped recipes (until I try them), my journal, calendar, magazines I want to read, mail I need to take care of etc. I need a good solution for keeping these handy but out of sight. Right now it's on the window between my kitchen and dining room but I don't like it.

For recipes clipped from a magazine I use sheet protectors and place them in a binder.

Adela

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 12:52 pm
amother wrote:
where do you keep library books? the kids read them in their beds or on the couch and they're always getting lost

where do you keep goggles? everytime its time for swimming kids can't find goggles

Books I keep in little cubbies I bought on Amazon. Can link if you would like.

Goggles and all swim related stuff I keep in a big canvas swim/beach bag. Until then I was always searching for the sunscreen, bathing cap etc.

Odds and ends I keep in a few shoe boxes Smile
One I keep handy in the kitchen pens, batteries, scotch tape etc.
Another one I keep in the closet with ribbons, envelopes etc.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 12:53 pm
amother wrote:

I have a special bookshelf just for library books. Kids are supposed to take and return there... (officially Very Happy)

Goggles stay in swim bags or top shelf of the closet in my laundry room
Things like lighbulbs, batteries, ribbon etc I have in different small sterile containers on a high shelf in laundry room but can be anywhere. Also screw drivers, tape/scissors etc. I have lot of those...

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 1:00 pm
amother wrote:

I would designate a specific shelf or bun for the library books.

A bin big for swimming stuff as well

Odds and ends- I bought from Target a plastic three drawers:
https://www.target.com/p/3-dra.....44154

It’s small enough to fit on the bottom of my toy closet. The top is for batteries, middle for arts in crafts and wrapping stuff, bottom is for cards people send us.

Lightbulbs go in a box on the top shelf of my storage closet.

mom!

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 1:56 pm
Shmattes-on a shelf in the linen closet
potatoes and onions- I have a small cabinet, but I wish I had a better option as it makes a huge mess.

Where do you keep snack bags?

Adela

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:11 pm
Potatoes, onion and garlic I keep in the refrigerator in a drawer lined with paper towel.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:27 pm
crystal wrote:
Where do you keep papers etc. I have a lot of clipped recipes (until I try them), my journal, calendar, magazines I want to read, mail I need to take care of etc. I need a good solution for keeping these handy but out of sight. Right now it's on the window between my kitchen and dining room but I don't like it.

Keep them in a loose leaf binder with clear plastic page protectors. You can use divider to make separate sections for each category .
I do this with recipes I tear out from magazines etc.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:39 pm
My mother told me not to store potatoes and onions in the fridge. She said it makes them taste different, starchy. Maybe this will be useful to someone on this thread. https://www.leaf.tv/articles/h.....rlic/
I am loving this thread!

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:04 pm
Where do you keep dirty laundry if you don't have a laundry room?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:09 pm
amother wrote:
Where do you keep dirty laundry if you don't have a laundry room?

In a nice closed hamper in the bathroom.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:17 pm
daniels mom wrote:
Shmattes-on a shelf in the linen closet
potatoes and onions- I have a small cabinet, but I wish I had a better option as it makes a huge mess.

Where do you keep snack bags?

Snack bags are in the pantry cabinet, in a set of 3 awesome containers. They take up 1 tiny shelf but hold a ton, and everything stays really neat.

ds14

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:27 pm
Where do you keep disposable aluminum pans and food storage containers?
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics