Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where do you keep .... ?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

chanchy123

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:36 pm
amother wrote:
Where do you keep dirty laundry if you don't have a laundry room?

In a large hamper in the hallway (between kids' rooms) and in both master and children's bathrooms.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:37 pm
ds14 wrote:
Where do you keep disposable aluminum pans and food storage containers?

I have a closet in my kitchen the size of a linen closet and I store many things in there including food storage containers and aluminum pans. I have a shelf for each since I stock up on different sizes.

Where do you keep the dishes that are drying after you washed them? I have dish mats that absorb water but I hate the way my counter gets filled with pots and pans and things and I don't always have time to dry and put away right away. (my question is for those without a dishwasher)

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:43 pm
amother wrote:
Where do you keep dirty laundry if you don't have a laundry room?

My kids have one in each bedroom. I keep mine in my master bathroom. I do this even though I have a laundry room. My laundry room is on a different floor and nobody would bother going downstairs to put their dirty laundry away.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:51 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Where do you keep the dishes that are drying after you washed them? I have dish mats that absorb water but I hate the way my counter gets filled with pots and pans and things and I don't always have time to dry and put away right away. (my question is for those without a dishwasher)

Sane dilemma (though I do have a meat dishwasher). If I have time I dry them with a towel and put them away immediately. I keep only a small boon “grass” for bottles out

InnerMe

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:52 pm
I really like this thread!

Where do you keep detergent and other laundry spray/cleaner if you don't have a laundry room?

Ramom, a foldable basket sounds like such a good idea. Can you link to one you found good?

Re Onions & potatoes I keep them under my Fleishig sink in plastic bags. I think a bin is a good idea. No way do I have room for a cart in my kitchen for it.

Where do you keep boxes that need to be prepared for return?

InnerMe

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:53 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I have a closet in my kitchen the size of a linen closet and I store many things in there including food storage containers and aluminum pans. I have a shelf for each since I stock up on different sizes.

Yes, I have that problem too. Worse, I don't have much counter space, so clean dishes end up getting crumbs on it when preparing food.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:54 pm
Also ra-mom if you have a link to the stuff you put your snacks in that would be great.
Our nosh and snacks are always a mess.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:58 pm
InnerMe wrote:

Where do you keep detergent and other laundry spray/cleaner if you don't have a laundry room?

Ramom, a foldable basket sounds like such a good idea. Can you link to one you found good?

Re Onions & potatoes I keep them under my Fleishig sink in plastic bags. I think a bin is a good idea. No way do I have room for a cart in my kitchen for it.

I used to keep onions and potatoes under the fleishig sink until there were issues with rotting potatoes and onions growing things from the moisture I think, and a mess of onion peels. I now use a two tier wire basket that sits in the corner behind my corner sink and it's the perfect place.

When I didn't have a laundry room I used to keep the detergent and things in either one of my kitchen cabinets that I designated just for that or in the bathroom vanity cabinet.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:25 pm
InnerMe wrote:

When I didn't have a laundry room I found a narrow spot nearby where I was able to slide in a super narrow cart on wheels for the detergent and sprays.

This is the foldable laundry basket. It folds up into a little nothing but it expands to hold a whole lot and has handles for transporting from room to room.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:29 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

I've seen people turn the cabinets above their sinks into an open bottom drying rack behind closed doors. It's common in Israel.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:34 pm
Where do you keep your laptop? Printer? -no office so it sits on my table all week

Where do you keep sunglasses? I like to grab on my way out the door.

Where do you keep a private calendar? Don’t like it on my fridge for all to see

InnerMe

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:36 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I used to keep onions and potatoes under the fleishig sink until there were issues with rotting potatoes and onions growing things from the moisture I think, and a mess of onion peels. I now use a two tier wire basket that sits in the corner behind my corner sink and it's the perfect place.

When I didn't have a laundry room I used to keep the detergent and things in either one of my kitchen cabinets that I designated just for that or in the bathroom vanity cabinet.

I know, I don't like that part of it getting wet.. but none of the other options sound better.
I can't really put it in any other cabinet, because of the mess the onions make with the peels coming off. Under the sink I guess the mess is fine Wink

Moonlight

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:37 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

I always wash dishes in evening, let them dry out overnight on the mat, and put them away first thing in the morning

InnerMe

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:39 pm
ra_mom wrote:
When I didn't have a laundry room I found a narrow spot nearby where I was able to slide in a super narrow cart on wheels for the detergent and sprays.

This is the foldable laundry basket. It folds up into a little nothing but it expands to hold a whole lot and has handles for transporting from room to room.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

Thanks for the link! Looks great.

And the detergent idea sounds cool, if only I'd even have that narrow spot to put it.
For now my large detergents go on top of my stack-able washer dryer (which I don't love, it's an eye sore but too big to go anywhere else), and the other stuff is under my sink together with my onions and potatoes.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:40 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Thanks for the link! Looks great.

And the detergent idea sounds cool, if only I'd even have that narrow spot to put it.
For now my large detergents go on top of my stack-able washer dryer (which I don't love, it's an eye sore but too big to go anywhere else), and the other stuff is under my sink together with my onions and potatoes.
I slid the cart into a closer close by at one point. Barely took up any closet space but useful.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:41 pm
Also people mentioned a few ideas for loose papers/bills/mail that need to be taken care of.. but still want to hear more ideas on that one if anyone has.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:44 pm
amother wrote:
Where do you keep your laptop? Printer? -no office so it sits on my table all week

Laptop- when not in use I try to put it away in the laptop bag and storage in the bottom of my coat closet.

If it's in constant use maybe it's worth it to invest in a small work-space desk.

Sunglasses, many people keep that in their pocket book.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:44 pm
amother wrote:

I close up my laptop and put it back in the case. I barely use my printer so it stays on a shelf in an extra closet I have and not I take it down on a day that I need it.

I keep sunglasses in a case in my pocketbook. I usually have my pocketbook with me when I go out. Or if I'm not taking my pocket book I'll keep sunglasses on the top of my head like a headband until I need them.

I keep my calendar hanging on the inside of the door of my coat closet. I also tape l all my kids school calendars to the inside of that door as well.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:49 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Also people mentioned a few ideas for loose papers/bills/mail that need to be taken care of.. but still want to hear more ideas on that one if anyone has.

I bought magnetic file holders. And I keep one for each of us. I actually keep it on the side of the dryer instead of on the refrigerator so I don't clog it up. Each one has to be addressed weekly.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:50 pm
InnerMe wrote:

I don't have a good system for this. At this point I just put all paperwork and bills etc straight into my night table drawers. I don't like when paperwork lies around . When the drawers get too full , I spend a few hours filing . I have a two drawer filing cabinet that I keep inside a closet with hanging file folders.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics