Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where do you keep .... ?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:59 pm
amother wrote:
Where do you keep your laptop? Printer? -no office so it sits on my table all week

Where do you keep sunglasses? I like to grab on my way out the door.

Where do you keep a private calendar? Don’t like it on my fridge for all to see

I'm thinking of putting up an Ikea wall-mounted drop-leaf table or another such wall mounted desk that doesn't really take up much floor space for a laptop/printer station. For now, the case sits under the couch and I put the laptop back in for shabbos. And the printer's in a drawer that we pull out and plug in when needed 🙈

Glasses/sunglasses that get used every day - either on the dresser near my perfume or in my handbag inside a case.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 4:59 pm
2nd request

Where do you keep small kitchen appliances?

I am struggling with this.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:
2nd request

I keep them in cabinets.
I keep mine to a minimum because I don't like having things that are hard to take out and put back, I don't things on the counters, or overstuffed cabinets.
I really think before buying - has to be worthwhile and used all the time - and I have to have space for it.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 5:10 pm
amother wrote:
2nd request

I designated a cabinet for the food processor, crockpot and spiralizer etc.

I keep my toaster and toaster oven on the counter all week and Put it away in a closet in my kitchen for Shabbos.

The hot water urn is in a cabinet under my sink. We only use it for Shabbos. We use an electric kettle during the week and it fits nicely on a shelf in a cabinet .

The coffee machine my DH got ( without my approval and he promises to remove it and take it to his office) sits in the corner behind my corner sink on the counter on the dairy side .

My electric hand mixer is in my baking cabinet there is space for a regular mixer as well.

My hand blenders I keep in a drawer , one on the meat side and one on the dairy side. I also have a dairy mini food processor which I don't use often so I keep that on the highest hardest to reach shelf in a cabinet on my dairy side.

A bakers rack is usually helpful for storage of small appliances if you don't have enough cabinet space.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 6:32 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Also ra-mom if you have a link to the stuff you put your snacks in that would be great.
Our nosh and snacks are always a mess.

I have these in clear with blue covers (I don't think they make that color anymore - they're more than 10 years old and in brand new condition). I originally bought 2 for potatoes and onions. The air holes work great. And they stack beautifully so I had them under the sink.
The last few years I've been using them 3 side by side on one small shelf, without covers for snacks. You'd never believe that they all fit together in such a small space but they're actually designed amazingly well.
I see they're having a sale. I paid more for mine even 10 years ago.
http://www.tupperware.com/pota......html

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:24 pm
amother wrote:
Where do you keep your laptop? Printer? -no office so it sits on my table all week

Where do you keep sunglasses? I like to grab on my way out the door.

Where do you keep a private calendar? Don’t like it on my fridge for all to see

My laptop hides under my bed embarrassed

I dont have a printer sorry.

I have something like this https://www.amazon.com/mDesign.....lthat hangs right by my door. I keep my key and DH, a spare paci that hangs by the clip and my sunglasses on those key hooks. I put any mail that needs to go out to the mailbox in the top part. Right before I leave I grab what I need.

Private calendar in a draw in my kitchen

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:31 pm
InnerMe wrote:
I really like this thread!

Where do you keep detergent and other laundry spray/cleaner if you don't have a laundry room?

Ramom, a foldable basket sounds like such a good idea. Can you link to one you found good?

Re Onions & potatoes I keep them under my Fleishig sink in plastic bags. I think a bin is a good idea. No way do I have room for a cart in my kitchen for it.

Where do you keep boxes that need to be prepared for return?

I have a laundry closet. My ironing board folds nice and slim and goes into the side. One bottle of detergent and oxi on the floor in the front of it and another on top of the machine. If you have a closet near your machines I’d put them there.

BTW make sure to keep onions and potatoes in SEPARATE bins or they will spoil. (I keep my onions in a draw in my refrigerator and potatoes under the sink in a small bin.)

I have a window with a big sill right by the entrance. I keep all bags and boxes that are ready to be returned, cleaners, mending ect on it so I can remember to take them all to the car when I leave.

Another good idea if you don’t like things out- buy a long and low (rectangular) sterilite container. Designate it the rerturn box. Keep on the bottom of your coat closet.

ilovegod

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:31 pm
How about girls headbands? The hard ines and the sweatbands. The big bows. How do I keep them neat?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:35 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Also ra-mom if you have a link to the stuff you put your snacks in that would be great.
Our nosh and snacks are always a mess.

https://www.amazon.com/mDesign.....lSrch

I have these. Line the snack bags standing up for a neat organized look.

animeme

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:40 pm
ilovegod wrote:
How about girls headbands? The hard ines and the sweatbands. The big bows. How do I keep them neat?

Large oatmeal container. Head bands go on the outside (it's a really great size), bows inside. Dd decorated it first.

Last edited by animeme on Wed, Aug 22 2018, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

saralem

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:46 pm
You can hang the calendar on the inside of a kitchen cabinet door. I used to keep emergency phone lists and other stuff taped there too. You can hang extra keys there. And takeout menus!

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:51 pm
Btw thank you op for this great thread!!

I love love organizing and getting new ideas.

There are two accounts on instagram that always have such great tips and ideas @organizingbyshira and @real_life_organizing

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 8:04 pm
Briefcases on hooks in one of my coat closets along with coats. All on hooks
Hats/gloves/scarves/winter stuff in storage bench with cover on floor there.
Tallis/tefullin. In another coat closet
Togs/stuffed animals in a toy closet
Arts and crafts stuff and projects supplies in a drawer in my basement.
I have lots of storage shelves for my stuff
I ahve way too much cabineg space so bh I have room for all my amall appliances and my pesach atiff in my kitchen.
Suitcases I keep in attic
Laundry clean and not folded in one of my extra guest rooms.
Dirty laundry in laundry room.
Magazines I keep in containers and read them over and over again....

simba

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 10:13 pm
ra_mom wrote:
http://www.tupperware.com/potato-smart-container-popsicle-0117.html

Can I be so annoying to ask you the measurements on this. It isn't stated on the website and I want to see if it will fit in my space. Hate the color!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 10:48 pm
simba wrote:
Can I be so annoying to ask you the measurements on this. It isn't stated on the website and I want to see if it will fit in my space. Hate the color!

My shelf is 10 inches deep, 22 inches wide and 9 inches high. I have 3 side by side.
Each appears to be 7.25 wide (at widest points), almost 10 inches deep, and almost 9 inches high.
I'm using a 12" ruler, not a tape measure, so please forgive me if not exact to the centimeter.

simba

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 11:19 pm
ra_mom wrote:
My shelf is 10 inches deep, 22 inches wide and 9 inches high. I have 3 side by side.
Each appears to be 7.25 wide (at widest points), almost 10 inches deep, and almost 9 inches high.
I'm using a 12" ruler, not a tape measure, so please forgive me if not exact to the centimeter.

Thanks so much. Should work. I'll order a few.

Moonlight

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:05 am
animeme wrote:
Large oatmeal container. Head bands go on the outside (it's a really great size), bows inside. Dd decorated it first.

SAME!

BA

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 3:08 am
Wow thanks everyone. I love all the ideas! I'm still thinking about kids knapsack s because they don't fit in my front closet. I'm considering hooks on the wall or a large pretty basket. Keep the ideas coming!

BA

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 3:11 am
Small kitchen appliances are either in the top shelf of a kitchen cabinet or in the bottom of my break front in the dining room

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 7:32 am
What do you keep multiple pairs of shoes in one closet in.
I have individual plastic shoe boxes on a shelf and a two tier shoe rack on the floor but it's still not enough.
Years ago I had a shoe rack against one wall of the closet but my closet doesn't have a wall for that now.
I don't want to block the mirror on he inside of my closet door so I can't have an on the door hanging thing either. What else is there?
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics