Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lakewood therapist

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 4:45 pm
I am in search of a marriage counselor in Lakewood and nobody seems to have night hours as most people don’t seem to work night or weekend hours.
When do all you working women who see therapists see them if none have night or weekend hours? I’m so frustrated after speaking to so many and none can accommodate me. Me and my dh both work full time and the only time we can go is after work or on weekends

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 9:44 pm
Bump. Nobody hear works and goes to therapy?!

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 9:48 pm
I made my work schedule around my therapy...

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:18 pm
I had the same problem. I was seeing someone in a clinic and had to stop because I couldn't keep taking off.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:20 pm
amother wrote:
I am in search of a marriage counselor in Lakewood and nobody seems to have night hours as most people don’t seem to work night or weekend hours.
When do all you working women who see therapists see them if none have night or weekend hours? I’m so frustrated after speaking to so many and none can accommodate me. Me and my dh both work full time and the only time we can go is after work or on weekends
Try Moishe Lazar I had a great experience with him and went to him at night

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:22 pm
Do none of the therapists have evening appointments - I would think that at least some would work till at least 7 PM? When is the latest appointment?

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:27 pm
Some had no availability at all and the little availability they had was only during the day. I’m also looking for a female therapist... I understand most women want to be home at night to be with their families but I assumed it’s the nature of the job...

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:32 pm
I went in evenings but to a male therapist.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:35 pm
I know Rachelle Schnitzler works in the evening but I don’t think she has availability.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 12:54 am
Same story, my therapist only works during the day and I work my schedule around her. Wish I had another option though...

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 11:13 am
Esther Jacobs, saved my marriage

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 11:24 am
It's harder to find a therapist in the evening, but it's possible. I researched several therapists until I found one that works for me, in the evenings. I see Miriam Gewirtzman.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 6:28 pm
Can I get esther Jacobs and Miriam gewirtzmans numbers? Rachel doesn’t have availability.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 4:38 pm
amother wrote:
Can I get esther Jacobs and Miriam gewirtzmans numbers? Rachel doesn’t have availability.

Bump! I’m desperate here!

leah233

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 5:03 pm
Esther Jacobs (732) 364-2144

Miriam Gewirtzman (732)598-1504

This is not an endorsement (or non endorsement), just an answer to a question. I happen to know both personally but neither professionally.

Be aware that Mrs. Jacobs just got up from sitting shiva on her (adult) son last week .

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 8:18 pm
Esther Jacobs is part of chemed?
How does it work with therapists that are part of chemed? They see you there?
I’d prefer not to show up and meet the entire lakewood when I see a marriage counselor...

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 8:34 pm
I don't think Esther Jacobs works for Chemed.

Chemed frequently advertises that since their therapy patients wait in their regular waiting room no one realizes why they are there

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:15 am
There are therapists that work some of the time for an agency or institution (like Chemed or LCSC) and also have hours for private clients in their homes (or rented space).

I don't know Esther Jacobs but it's quite possible that she does this - works certain hours at Chemed, and takes private clients on the side.

oneofakind

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:41 am
I'm pretty sure Esther Jacobs does NOT work in Chemed.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:43 am
amother wrote:
Esther Jacobs is part of chemed?
How does it work with therapists that are part of chemed? They see you there?
I’d prefer not to show up and meet the entire lakewood when I see a marriage counselor...

You won't meet the entire Lakewood. You may see 2-3 people Ithat begin to look familiar if you use the same time slot each week, but I'm sure that even if they do know your name, they wouldn't share that you're there. After all, they are there too. They also have no idea why you're there.
There aren't that many people in the Behavioural Healh waiting room- max 5 and everyone minds their own business.
There is an option to wait in a different waiting area with a buzzer, and the therapist will buzz you when s/he is ready to see you.
Don't let this detail stop you from seeking therapy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics