Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help: Inexpensive gown for full figured beauty in LKWD

DVOM

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 6:08 pm
I need help.

My brother's wedding is coming up pretty soon, and I need a gown. I've tried on some really lovely gowns at Augenbaums, Evening Elegance, and Exquisite Gowns. They are a fortune, the least expensive of the lot about 400$. I tried a consignment store, Gowns by Shevy. They had some lovely gowns for more reasonable prices if you are a size 2-4. I am a healthy, blossoming size 14-16.

Anyone know of a gamach or less expensive rental that has gowns for full figured woman?

Sebastian

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 6:24 pm
instagowns on instagram

Did you try department stores?

What color style are you looking for? Going custom didn't work out?

What is your budget?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 6:57 pm
You can try Rent The Runway website. It's a reputable site, and people have had success with it

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 7:07 pm
Did you try Mrs Cohens gemach? Or Kanarek? They're both much cheaper and they have decent selections. You may get lucky.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 7:09 pm
You can also try Norstrom, Lord and Taylor, Macys or Davids Bridal. You may have to wear a shell or a cardigan or make it tznius some other way, but people do very well in those stores, for much cheaper than the local places. And then you own it which is nice if you may have other weddings coming up.

mommy43

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 7:24 pm
What color are you looking for? I have a size 14 gown that I am renting out if you're interested.

SingALong

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 7:50 pm
I have a size 14 silver gown I’m looking to sell. Pm me if interested.

DVOM

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 8:55 pm
Sebastian wrote:
instagowns on instagram

Did you try department stores?

What color style are you looking for? Going custom didn't work out?

What is your budget?

Wow, good memory!

I could still go custom. The dressmaker said I need to let her know by the end of the week. It would be the gown of my dreams... but would cost about 500 dollars Crying I just don't think I can stomach spending that type of money on a dress that I'd wear once or twice.

DVOM

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 8:56 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Did you try Mrs Cohens gemach? Or Kanarek? They're both much cheaper and they have decent selections. You may get lucky.

I'd love to try these! Do you have phone numbers?

DVOM

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 8:57 pm
mommy43 wrote:
What color are you looking for? I have a size 14 gown that I am renting out if you're interested.

potentially interested! could you post a picture?

ez-pass

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 8:59 pm
This gown is very popular now and cheap. Comes in regular. Tall. Maternity. Petite and I think plus.

http://m.asos.com/us/maya/maya.....Items

DVOM

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:00 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
You can also try Norstrom, Lord and Taylor, Macys or Davids Bridal. You may have to wear a shell or a cardigan or make it tznius some other way, but people do very well in those stores, for much cheaper than the local places. And then you own it which is nice if you may have other weddings coming up.

Tried lord and taylor and davids bridal...will try N and M! I don't know that I'm going to have much luck though... I think I just don't have enough imagination or fashion sense to picture what these gowns would look like if made tzinua.

DVOM

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:03 pm
ez-pass wrote:
This gown is very popular now and cheap. Comes in regular. Tall. Maternity. Petite and I think plus.

http://m.asos.com/us/maya/maya.....Items

Love it! but, wrong color Mad Bride wants wedding party in teal, turquoise or silver.

DVOM

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:03 pm
SingALong wrote:
I have a size 14 silver gown I’m looking to sell. Pm me if interested.

PMing you!

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:06 pm
DVOM wrote:
I'd love to try these! Do you have phone numbers?

Cohen 732 370 8994 - she doesn't have as big a selection, but she is pretty cheap, it's worth trying

Kanarek 732 730 9521 - it's been a few years since I've been there, so it could have changed, but be ready for a crazy house. There are always a lot of ladies there and not a lot of space. But again, it's worth trying.

ez-pass

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:16 pm
DVOM wrote:
Love it! but, wrong color Mad Bride wants wedding party in teal, turquoise or silver.

Oh! Too bad!

DVOM

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 10:22 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Cohen 732 370 8994 - she doesn't have as big a selection, but she is pretty cheap, it's worth trying

Kanarek 732 730 9521 - it's been a few years since I've been there, so it could have changed, but be ready for a crazy house. There are always a lot of ladies there and not a lot of space. But again, it's worth trying.

Thank you! So helpful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics