Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Supports Israel or Morally fit...?
  Previous  1  2  3 10 11  12  13  Next

Maybe

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:47 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Obumer.

Keep it classy, okay?

Shoes on the table when talking to Bibi very classy

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:47 pm
Ok.... why do I even bother reading these threads... they just get my blood boiling...

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:49 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Obumer.

Keep it classy, okay?

You want to keep it “Classy” for obama, but you just called the Jewish women here on this site “stupid” and “trolls.” Do you not see a problem?

itsmeima

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:50 pm
amother wrote:
I respectfully disagree. I believe it’s the duty of every American citizen to respect the office of the presidency, even if your candidate didn’t win, that’s called patriotism. Unfortunately, it seems many liberals these days are just praying and wishing for Trump to fail because of their hatred of him, and that it is just so self-destructive and treasonous to want to see your country fail.

I respectfully disagree, but going along your lines we can then agree that the President was not "patriotic" when he chose to raise the flag.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:51 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Your definition of "respect" appears to be "not criticize". And what you're describing is authoritarianism, not patriotism. Patriotism doesn't mean not criticizing the US president.

No, what we are seeing out there with the deep hatred of Trump is not “criticism,”it’s way beyond that, to the point of irrational.

Jeanette

amother wrote:
You want to keep it “Classy” for obama, but you just called the Jewish women here on this site “stupid” and “trolls.” Do you not see a problem?

Use your screen name. What are you afraid of?

amother
Khaki

amother wrote:
Never said that. But Obama definitely was not challenged many times was because of fear of being labeled a racist. You can deny it if you like but it’s fact. He’d never have been voted in if not for his skin color. He certainly had no credentials.

Very Happy Smile Very Happy Who Trump?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:52 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Yes. I did agree. Trump not only mocked him for his service for our country (he was a true hero- not wanting to be released before his men- and was well more of a hero than trump who never served in the army)- but days before his death, he did not even credit McCain for the bill Trump signed into law... even though McCain initiated it. So yes, I agree with McCain not wanting Trump at his funeral.

So you’re basically admitting McCain was just taking revenge on Trump. Following your rationale, then it’s ok now for Trump to disrespect him back, right? Or is it only ok when McCain does it?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:55 pm
amother wrote:
So you’re basically admitting McCain was just taking revenge on Trump. Following your rationale, then it’s ok now for Trump to disrespect him back, right? Or is it only ok when McCain does it?

TRump is the one who started the feud and continued up until a few days beforehand McCain's death! What don't you understand?
McCain was grossly wronged by Trump. That's all. End of story.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:56 pm
amother wrote:
You can’t possibly know that Obama doesn’t hate Jews any more than you can know that Trump hates muslims and Mexicans. These generalizations are just ridiculous.

Actually, we can. He basically called Mexicans rapists... The travel ban...

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:56 pm
amother wrote:
I totally agree that he never would have been voted in but for the fact of his skin color.

He was like Teflon, no matter what he did, how disastrous and dangerous his policies, no one could touch him...Reverend Wright was his pastor for 20years, godfather to his daughter, someone who yelled “G D America,” no problem! His relationships with former terrorists, no problem!
Pics of him with Farrakhan, no problem! Unreal. Only because of his skin color.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:57 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Use your screen name. What are you afraid of?

I'm curious too. Maybe afraid that people will see they already posted under her screenname in this thread, and they're trying to make it seem like there are more posters with that viewpoint.

Maybe just posting under amother to like their own posts.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:57 pm
amother wrote:
Actually, we can. He basically called Mexicans rapists... The travel ban...

Basically? That one word changes the whole meaning of your sentence. Did he call them all rapists? Or did he "basically" call them that (which means he didn't call them all rapists but you put words in his mouth)?

The travel ban was not against all muslims. It was against muslims from certain countries. Big difference.

itsmeima

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:00 pm
amother wrote:

Aaaaargh, McCain is a private citizen, President Trump is the president of the United States of America.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:03 pm
WhatFor wrote:
I'm curious too. Maybe afraid that people will see they already posted under her screenname in this thread, and they're trying to make it seem like there are more posters with that viewpoint.

Maybe just posting under amother to like their own posts.

Another Navy claims to have joined amother a few days ago. Yet in style and substance she is almost identical to another anonymous poster from a few weeks ago, down to the weird obsession with CNN.

It also makes it harder for me to block trolls when so many of them post as amother. I need to remember to refrain from posting in amother enabled political threads. The anonymous posters add nothing to the conversation and post anonymously only to avoid accountability.

Fox

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:06 pm
itsmeima wrote:
I respectfully disagree, but going along your lines we can then agree that the President was not "patriotic" when he chose to raise the flag.

Trump followed the Flag Code. When people complained, he lowered it again. Given the antipathy around here for "chumras," it seems odd to criticize him for following the actual Code.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:07 pm
Fox wrote:
Trump followed the Flag Code. When people complained, he lowered it again. Given the antipathy around here for "chumras," it seems odd to criticize him for following the actual Code.

Yes but it seems the actual chumra (not written code, just minhag hamakom apparantly) for sitting senators is to leave the flag lowered until burial.

itsmeima

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:08 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Basically? That one word changes the whole meaning of your sentence. Did he call them all rapists? Or did he "basically" call them that (which means he didn't call them all rapists but you put words in his mouth)?

The travel ban was not against all muslims. It was against muslims from certain countries. Big difference.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems.…They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.

“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.”

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:09 pm
itsmeima wrote:
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems.…They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.

“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.”

Ouch.
I stand corrected.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:14 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Ouch.
I stand corrected.

I'm not the poster you're responding to, but I just want to say how nice it is to be able to have conversations with people who have different viewpoints with you in some areas but with whom you can still have a logical back-and-forth, whether or not you ultimately agree in the big picture.

I think that's why people ultimately join these threads (even though they're unfortunately often derailed).
Page 11 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 10 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics