Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What style clothes suit short people??

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 7:39 pm
Hi, im 4 10 and a little chubby. In need advise.. love to dress stylish ... any short ppl wanna offer style advise?

Rappel

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 7:53 pm
http://lostinaspotlessmind.com.....hape/

This is a great article for anyone to reference . The author is not classically beautiful, but she manages to always look great because she's a genius with clothing.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 11:37 pm
I’m 5ft and around 10 lbs overweight.

I don’t necessarily know the rules but I do know that things that are in style don’t usually look good on my figure.
Find things that look good on YOU and don’t worry so much about current styles.

It’s very hard to find clothing that looks good when you are short. It’s even harder when you are short and not thin.

Tiredmom7

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 12:12 am
I am also short and not yet at goal weight. I find tailored clothing looks best. Nothing too flowy or long or tent like. We tend to get lost and look shorter in such styles. More fitted clothing tends to look best

amother
Green

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 12:48 am
Vertical stripes, long necklaces, same color head to toe- the less choppy the better, and more straight clothing rather than flared or gathered.

gande

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 1:10 am
I am short and petite but 2 sizes smaller on top than on the bottom. I find that I only look good in short tops that do not go past my hips. With dresses, I can only wear a line style. Also, I look good in belts even though I am not that skinny.
Also, I find it very helpful to shop in the petite section of stores because, after all, regular clothes are not meant to hit us in the right places.
Good luck with your shopping! I understand your struggles!

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:27 am
Short tops.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:33 am
I'm 5'0 and thin/medium built. I have found that dresses/skirts just covering the knee look best on short people. When short people wear long skirts/dresses it is less flattering IMO.

Other than length which I think would be true for any short person, the rest of how you dress should be about accentuating your best assets and minimizing your less pretty parts. If your best asset is your face -- wear colored makeup and have clothing + jewelery that matches the color of say your blush or eyeshadow. If you have a nice waist but bigger belly, wear emporer (sp?) waisted things that are tight at the waist then loose right below.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:43 am
Petite mom with 2 petite teens here, can we petition junee and elzee to open a petite section? Shopping for tzniyus and flattering clothing is beyond frustrating!

imasinger

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:03 am
Rappel wrote:
http://lostinaspotlessmind.com/2012/11/defining-style-how-to-dress-for-your-shape/

This is a great article for anyone to reference . The author is not classically beautiful, but she manages to always look great because she's a genius with clothing.

This was a very interesting read, thanks for posting!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics