Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Any old Miami boys choir fans??
1  2  Next

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:22 pm
I'm just listening so some music whilst cooking. The song "one by one " came up with Eric stern and it literally through me back into nostalgia of my good old years, I was OBSESSED with them!! . Any imamother who had an obsession with them. I dreamt of meeting them in person. I idolised them. I was around 12.. douvie shapira, mordy shapiro. Daniel mutchnick, yitzi spinner!!! Nochom stark!!!! There was no social media in those days. Now it's so easy to check them up. Anyone knew any of them personally.??

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:23 pm
I don’t know any of them personally, but I fangirled Oded Karity in a massive way.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:29 pm
Mordechai shapiro in Hindi Nachlas Miami 25....

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:
Mordechai shapiro in Hindi Nachlas Miami 25....

Oh my gosh!!!!! That totally melted my heart!!! I love his cds now. He still so innocent and cute 😀

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:33 pm
amother wrote:
Oh my gosh!!!!! That totally melted my heart!!! I love his cds now. He still so innocent and cute 😀

I meant Racheim!!!!

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:50 pm
amother wrote:
I don’t know any of them personally, but I fangirled Oded Karity in a massive way.

Lol. My group of friends totally had a thing for Oded Karity and then he came to my friends house . He was friends with her brother . Us girls were upstairs all trying to get a peak over the banister to see him in "real life"... LOL! I can't believe that I went ga-ga for Miami Boys Choir once upon a time. Nowadays I find that it feels like nails scratching on a blackboard.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:52 pm
Are you kidding me? It’s the only thing I listen to. Old Miami and old Avraham fried. Before they replaced everything with copy-paste-no-talent-needed techno stuff. I like a good orchestra. Sue me.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:
Are you kidding me? It’s the only thing I listen to. Old Miami and old Avraham fried. Before they replaced everything with copy-paste-no-talent-needed techno stuff. I like a good orchestra. Sue me.

I love Avraham Fried and listen to him all the time but can't stand the little boy squeaky voices from the boys choirs.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 6:18 pm
".... The culture that surrounds us/Just continues to confound us/Oh so steady in its shocking descent...."
From "Stand Up". What is that, 20 years old? What would they say about today....

Love MBC. I have all of them, as well as all old Avraham Frieds, on my MP3 player. Agreed its much better than today's music.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:

I love it too... pre-auto tune days. I don't find them squeaky at all.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:15 pm
[quote="amother"]".... The culture that surrounds us/Just continues to confound us/Oh so steady in its shocking descent...."
From "Stand Up". What is that, 20 years old? What would they say about today....

Love MBC. I have all of them, as well as all old Avraham Frieds, on my MP3 player. Agreed its much better than today's music.[/quote

I loved that song!!! Had the DVD as a child and watched it a million times, I knew every move and facial expression from Duvie shapiro. He changed so much nowadays, I would never put his face to the child he once was.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:17 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Lol. My group of friends totally had a thing for Oded Karity and then he came to my friends house . He was friends with her brother . Us girls were upstairs all trying to get a peak over the banister to see him in "real life"... LOL! I can't believe that I went ga-ga for Miami Boys Choir once upon a time. Nowadays I find that it feels like nails scratching on a blackboard.

I would've done anything to see them live. I was a far UK fan...

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:21 pm
Haha Ari Goldwag and Nathan Stark once stayed at my friend’s house. We were starstruck LOL

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 8:05 pm
amother wrote:
Haha Ari Goldwag and Nathan Stark once stayed at my friend’s house. We were starstruck LOL

If I would've heard as a teenager that all you guys had them over at your friends houses I would've taken the next plane over to see. In my eyes they lived on an island where no one had access to Very Happy .

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 8:40 pm
I was a huge fan too! Lol..yitzi spinner..Oded kariti..too funny remembering this.
Btw, this is my opinion but the boys are squeaky and crazy high pitch are not being trained right and that is why I cannot listen to Yeshiva Boys Choir. They sound like they're yelling..literally nails on chalkboard to me.
MBC on the other hand is not like that. I feel like yerachmiel begun really knows what he's doing and they boys definitely go high but it's not too high that they're yelling.
I'm with the other amother's who appreciate the old non techno music.

ahuva06

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 8:43 pm
amother wrote:

Hahaha same here!!! I loved watching him!!!

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 9:02 pm
MBC started with a family member of mine and his friends....in his house...

OutATowner

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 9:05 pm
I have a very hard time finding Jewish songs that I like. While some of the voices can be a little high, the lyrics, music, and REAL instruments are so much better than most of the Jewish stuff out there today. Thanks for reminding me. I just bought BS"D single on amazon, I think I'm going to download the English Album.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 9:12 pm
I was a huge fan too but I could never figure out who was which singer. I knew all the names but now who is who. starstruck much? embarrassed

Chew21

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 9:29 pm
Omg I used 2b obsessed!!!! Mordy Shapiro, Isaac benishai loll I was such a nerd. And I totally agree about the island:)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics