Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Anyone here familiar with The Baby Whisperer method?

anon

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 7:13 am
I posted last week about my son having trouble sleeping. I decided to put him on the EASY routine and use PU/PD to help him go to sleep and extend his naps. I have 2 questions that I could really use help with.

He is 8 months old

1) He doesn't eat much solids yet. He eats some cheerios but not much of anything else at this point. Therefore, he can't have a 4+ hour EASY because he'll get too hungry. He really has to nurse after 4 hours, maximum. The problem is that he's not ready to nap until he's been awake for 3 hours. If he's supposed to nap for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, then that becomes a 4 1/2 - 5 hour EASY, which he can't do. I'm not sure how to resolve that.

2) I have also been trying to do PU/PD with him in order to extend his naps. However, it's always time for him to get up again (for his E) before he actually falls back to sleep. So he basically just ends up crying until I take him out of his crib to eat. So he never ends up extending the nap and he just learns that if he cries long enough, I'll take him out. I can't push off the E, because as I mentioned above, he really has to eat after 4 hours maximum.

Thank you so much for your help!

malkie

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 8:42 am
I've been reading the books, and I got the sequel "Baby Whisperer Answers All Your Problems." Based on the sequel, I would suggest following EASY but without specific times. Just follow the pattern and adjust the times to your child.

su7kids

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 10:07 am
There is a website, I believe its babywhisperer.com which has a forum where you can ask specific questions.

zigi

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 6:12 pm
you can cluster feed to get the food in. 6 pm then 8 and also a dream feed, solids doesn't really make a differance.

my baby is 6 months old doesn't really eat solids I feed him at 7 11 3 6 8 dream feed if extra hungry.
he naps from 9-10 and 1-3. if your baby isn't so tired make him busy. put him an exersaucer or on a play mat or on his tummy.

work on one thing at a time he might not need the first am nap, or only 40 min which is ok. she says that some babies don't need that much sleep. he will take a longer afternoon nap, 2 hours its an older baby schedile but anyway at about 1 year old they cut out the morning nap out and sleep longer in the afternoon.

basically it works well if you use easy as a guide if your baby is hungry slightly earlier feed him just remember 4 hours from then he will get hugry again. etc with nap times, good luck it does work I used it for 3 kids.

raizy

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 6:59 pm
what or who is Easy???? I never heard of this method.

I thought babies had their own schudeules. eat . play sleep. then wake up do that all over again . who really cares if it is 3 hrs or 4 hrs etc.

and why would u want to stretch your babies food/nursing time. ?

I am very confused what on earth is EASY

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 7:05 pm
Raizy, you've been doing EASY all along then Smile
Eat
Activity (play, bath, diaper, etc.)
Sleep
You -- while baby sleeps, pay attention to your needs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics