Home

Keto Diet NEED HELP with macros
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Weight Loss/ Exercise/ Dieting

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Yellow


Post  Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:53 pm
I started eating keto and I am in full ketosis
Now I’m tweeking my macros and trying to develop an easy boring go to food plan
Was wondering what ppl think of this for

Chicken Thigh 6oz
Eggs 2
Olive oil 5 Tbsp
Lettuce 16 oz

Calories 1278
Fat. 108g. 75%
Protein 63g 20%
Carbs 15g 5%

This is what I was thinking of eating
Breakfast 9 am
2 hard boiled eggs
1 Tbsp olive oil

Lunch 1pm
8 oz lettuce
2 Tbsp olive oil

Dinner 5 pm
8 oz lettuce
6 oz chicken thigh with skin
2 Tbsp olive oil

Need some feedback
Back to top

Rappel









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 3:01 am
I've never tried a true ketosis diet, but I've been through periods where I ate very little carbs, basically sticking to salads, proteins, and a little bit of fat.

At the time, I found that I NEEDED a lot more food to sustain me - I'm talking meals which consisted of two whole plates heaped high with variegated salad, a bowl or two of soup, and a chicken thigh or two (luckily, I wasnt cooking for myself at the time Wink) - plus around 12-15 small apples throughout the day - just to feel human, forget full.

What you wrote up there looks to me like fatigue, unhappiness, starvation, stress, and clouded thinking, all rolled into one. I think you're really going to need to up your intake, and vary your vitamins, if you want to make this a sustainable plan.
Back to top

amother




Yellow


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 9:21 am
Rappel wrote:
I've never tried a true ketosis diet, but I've been through periods where I ate very little carbs, basically sticking to salads, proteins, and a little bit of fat.

At the time, I found that I NEEDED a lot more food to sustain me - I'm talking meals which consisted of two whole plates heaped high with variegated salad, a bowl or two of soup, and a chicken thigh or two (luckily, I wasnt cooking for myself at the time Wink) - plus around 12-15 small apples throughout the day - just to feel human, forget full.

What you wrote up there looks to me like fatigue, unhappiness, starvation, stress, and clouded thinking, all rolled into one. I think you're really going to need to up your intake, and vary your vitamins, if you want to make this a sustainable plan.


IMHO you were hungry because your carbs were high and your fats were low. 12-15 apples is tons of carbs

I’m trying to cut calories to 1200-1300
Keep 20 g of carbs. and keep my fat 75-80%

I still have 5g of veg carbs to play around with
Maybe I’ll add another salad at breakfast or more Salad for dinner

Should I raise my calories to 1500-1600?
Can I lose weight if I up my calories?
I’m not able to walk much because of health issues so exercise more is not an option.
If I were able to exercise, I would easily up my calories
Back to top

elisheva25









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 9:35 am
amother wrote:
I started eating keto and I am in full ketosis
Now I’m tweeking my macros and trying to develop an easy boring go to food plan
Was wondering what ppl think of this for

Chicken Thigh 6oz
Eggs 2
Olive oil 5 Tbsp
Lettuce 16 oz

Calories 1278
Fat. 108g. 75%
Protein 63g 20%
Carbs 15g 5%

This is what I was thinking of eating
Breakfast 9 am
2 hard boiled eggs
1 Tbsp olive oil

Lunch 1pm
8 oz lettuce
2 Tbsp olive oil

Dinner 5 pm
8 oz lettuce
6 oz chicken thigh with skin
2 Tbsp olive oil

Need some feedback


I am doing low carb for awhile now.Not strict Ketosis. I agree with you that once you cut out real carbs, you don’t have to worry about hunger. Appetite goes wayyy down. The only issue I see with your meal plan is that there are no snacks. Many keto plans encourage snacks through the day. Kosher is limited, but I still feel you need. Some ideas for snacks
Beef jerky
String cheese
Some low carb nuts
Hard boiled eggs can be a snack
You get the idea:)
Also I looked at your plan now again, I see 2 more errors:)Sorry Smile)
Your lunch has no protein ... You can’t jusy eat lettuce ... Maybe add cheese, add other low carb veggies
Your dinner...You can’t just eat lettuce add, add more veggies
You do have the right idea, but you need to work a bit on your plan . Keto isn’t supposed to be starvation.
Back to top

marina









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:05 am
that is very little food. your lunch is just lettuce?
I would recommend skipping breakfast or dinner and eating more during the other time. look into intermittent fasting w keto
Back to top

amother




Yellow


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:18 am
elisheva25 wrote:
I am doing low carb for awhile now.Not strict Ketosis. I agree with you that once you cut out real carbs, you don’t have to worry about hunger. Appetite goes wayyy down. The only issue I see with your meal plan is that there are no snacks. Many keto plans encourage snacks through the day. Kosher is limited, but I still feel you need. Some ideas for snacks
Beef jerky
String cheese
Some low carb nuts
Hard boiled eggs can be a snack
You get the idea:)
Also I looked at your plan now again, I see 2 more errors:)Sorry Smile)
Your lunch has no protein ... You can’t jusy eat lettuce ... Maybe add cheese, add other low carb veggies
Your dinner...You can’t just eat lettuce add, add more veggies
You do have the right idea, but you need to work a bit on your plan . Keto isn’t supposed to be starvation.


Snacking causes insulin to go up
This is what I’m trying to avoid, the reason why I’m on keto.
How do I incorporate more food and keep keto percentages.
I want to eat with in an 8-10 hr window for intermittent fasting.

Working on the plan is why I’m here
I’m kinda stuck
Calories and correct percentage.
Back to top

chani8









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:24 am
Even on ketosis you can eat vegetables. Also, lettuce and oil is not a meal. Seems you are watching calories, which is fine, but look, veggies are very low in both carbs and calories. I highly recommend one raw carrot a day, cut into three meals even, to keep your hormones balanced. Fifteen carbs is way low, unless you are type 1 diabetic. You dont need to go that low to be in ketosis. Add some carrots!
Back to top

elisheva25









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:26 am
amother wrote:
Snacking causes insulin to go up
This is what I’m trying to avoid, the reason why I’m on keto.
How do I incorporate more food and keep keto percentages.
I want to eat with in an 8-10 hr window for intermittent fasting.

Working on the plan is why I’m here
I’m kinda stuck
Calories and correct percentage.


Here is the thing.... low carb snacks as I listed above won’t make your insulin to up.
Say you are sticking to 20 grams , that’s fine .... but incorporate snacks through the day.
Also you can eat for only 8hrs. And say no food after 8pm or something like that
People that have been doing keto for a long time , do intermittent fasting .... but that’s only after keto for awhile and only when they have lost the weight and stalled and they want to push their body . Your plan is too little food.
You are right about low carb, but you can’t do low carb and low calorie rolled into one. Also you can’t eat same thing every day. That’s setting yourself up for failure. Make a list of all keto foods and recipes and play around with it.
Back to top

chani8









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:41 am
Low carb snacks will keep your insulin stable.

You can very well go low carb and low calorie, as that is what I did, successfully. I lost nothing counting only carbs, because a low carb diet can be very high calorie. My husband lost very well counting only carbs, but being a short person and over 40, calories matter and I had to stay at around 1200 calories, with shobbos slightly more. My husband was able to stay in ketosis even eating challah on shobbos, as long as we took a walk right after eating. Ketosis is really not that hard to maintain, probably can do it at 30-45 carbs a day even, especially if you dont eat them all at once.
Back to top

amother




Olive


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:42 am
amother wrote:
I started eating keto and I am in full ketosis
Now I’m tweeking my macros and trying to develop an easy boring go to food plan
Was wondering what ppl think of this for

Chicken Thigh 6oz
Eggs 2
Olive oil 5 Tbsp
Lettuce 16 oz

Calories 1278
Fat. 108g. 75%
Protein 63g 20%
Carbs 15g 5%

This is what I was thinking of eating
Breakfast 9 am
2 hard boiled eggs
1 Tbsp olive oil

Lunch 1pm
8 oz lettuce
2 Tbsp olive oil

Dinner 5 pm
8 oz lettuce
6 oz chicken thigh with skin
2 Tbsp olive oil

Need some feedback


This looks like a starvation diet.
Back to top

amother




Yellow


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:47 am
chani8 wrote:
Low carb snacks will keep your insulin stable.

You can very well go low carb and low calorie, as that is what I did, successfully. I lost nothing counting only carbs, because a low carb diet can be very high calorie. My husband lost very well counting only carbs, but being a short person and over 40, calories matter and I had to stay at around 1200 calories, with shobbos slightly more. My husband was able to stay in ketosis even eating challah on shobbos, as long as we took a walk right after eating. Ketosis is really not that hard to maintain, probably can do it at 30-45 carbs a day even, especially if you dont eat them all at once.


All experts are saying every time you eat you spike insulin. This is the reason for intermittent fasting and not eating for 16 hrs.

Chani8 can you share what you ate on 1200 calorie keto,
And we’re your macros about 75% calories from fat

Trying to cure insulin resistance/ metabolic syndrome/ pre diabetes and systemic inflammation


I’m ok with eating the same thing everyday. I can switch the veggies to have similar nutrition facts, but I need a plan I don’t have to be constantly measuring and calculating.
Back to top

amother




Yellow


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 12:45 pm
chani8 wrote:
Even on ketosis you can eat vegetables. Also, lettuce and oil is not a meal. Seems you are watching calories, which is fine, but look, veggies are very low in both carbs and calories. I highly recommend one raw carrot a day, cut into three meals even, to keep your hormones balanced. Fifteen carbs is way low, unless you are type 1 diabetic. You dont need to go that low to be in ketosis. Add some carrots!


4 oz carrots has almost 11g of carbs
I only have 5 g left over
Back to top

PinkandYellow









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 1:50 pm
I've done keto on and off in the past and I'm doing it again now, long term (also for health reasons with weight loss a plus)

Carbs should be 30g a day, NET carbs 20g. So you can add in more veggies (not the starchy ones. no carrots, corn, potatoes, etc) and still be ok.

I do intermittent fasting by not eating breakfast. I try to start eating for the day at 1pm - lunch and then dinner and I do snack throughout the day/evening (not before 1pm). (Coffee is ok though).

While you eat high fat, you will be less hungry because it is filling but what you listed is high protein and not a lot of fat. I'd recommend adding in high fat snacks such as avocados, olives, full fat cottage cheese and there were other good ones mentioned in the previous post (string cheese, beef jerkey).
Hard boiled eggs, as mentioned, are great - easy and portable.
Some nuts are good, within limits, as well.

Since you are very low carb, your blood sugar won't be affected. That's the whole idea here Smile

It's recommended to avoid sugar substitutes as well (such as diet sodas).

Some need to go dairy free, or minimal dairy, to lose weight. You'd first give the regular keto a try.

Watch your electrolytes for keto flu as you switch to low carb.
Back to top

PinkandYellow









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 1:54 pm
Also, it is often believed that it's better not to calorie count in the beginning of keto. Simply the fact of being in ketosis and fat burning will cause you to lose weight. It isn't necessarily the decrease in calories. And this allows you to focus on getting the lifestyle down pat and incorporated fully into your life. Use the app to track macros, without the focus on calorie counting.
Back to top

elisheva25









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 3:26 pm
PinkandYellow wrote:
Also, it is often believed that it's better not to calorie count in the beginning of keto. Simply the fact of being in ketosis and fat burning will cause you to lose weight. It isn't necessarily the decrease in calories. And this allows you to focus on getting the lifestyle down pat and incorporated fully into your life. Use the app to track macros, without the focus on calorie counting.


I agree.
Back to top

amother




Yellow


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 3:43 pm
PinkandYellow wrote:
I've done keto on and off in the past and I'm doing it again now, long term (also for health reasons with weight loss a plus)

Carbs should be 30g a day, NET carbs 20g. So you can add in more veggies (not the starchy ones. no carrots, corn, potatoes, etc) and still be ok.

I do intermittent fasting by not eating breakfast. I try to start eating for the day at 1pm - lunch and then dinner and I do snack throughout the day/evening (not before 1pm). (Coffee is ok though).

While you eat high fat, you will be less hungry because it is filling but what you listed is high protein and not a lot of fat. I'd recommend adding in high fat snacks such as avocados, olives, full fat cottage cheese and there were other good ones mentioned in the previous post (string cheese, beef jerkey).
Hard boiled eggs, as mentioned, are great - easy and portable.
Some nuts are good, within limits, as well.

Since you are very low carb, your blood sugar won't be affected. That's the whole idea here Smile

It's recommended to avoid sugar substitutes as well (such as diet sodas).

Some need to go dairy free, or minimal dairy, to lose weight. You'd first give the regular keto a try.

Watch your electrolytes for keto flu as you switch to low carb.


Thanks for the advise

As I mentioned above I’m in ketosis already, 2 months. I’m drinking 100oz of water, liberal with Himalayan salt and take extra magnesium as well as other supplements. No keto flu, B”H

Something you said confused me.
You mentioned my plan to be high protein
But when I calculate it on FitDay it’s 75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs.

At the moment I don’t count calories. I’ve lost 10lbs in 2 months. I heard you don’t want to be just burning dietary fat, but fat from your reserves.

Do you mind posting what you eat in general and amounts

I want to put together a go to menu that I don’t have to calculate every bite
Back to top

PinkandYellow









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 4:53 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the advise

As I mentioned above I’m in ketosis already, 2 months. I’m drinking 100oz of water, liberal with Himalayan salt and take extra magnesium as well as other supplements. No keto flu, B”H
...


I apologize that I misunderstood. I thought you were just starting, didn't realize that you'd been doing this awhile.

I guess the olive oil is really bringing up your fat.

I will post my food plan later tonight, iyh.
Back to top

amother




Yellow


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 5:09 pm
PinkandYellow wrote:
I apologize that I misunderstood. I thought you were just starting, didn't realize that you'd been doing this awhile.

I guess the olive oil is really bringing up your fat.

I will post my food plan later tonight, iyh.


Thanks so much
Maybe I should just continue eating till satisfied
The thing is I feel the Weightloss is slow, steady, but slow
This made me think perhaps I’m eating too many calories.
Back to top

PinkandYellow









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:06 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks so much
Maybe I should just continue eating till satisfied
The thing is I feel the Weightloss is slow, steady, but slow
This made me think perhaps I’m eating too many calories.


Slow and steady weight loss is good. I definitely consume about that calorie count or more per day so I don't think my food plan would work for you.

Your food plan sounds good, works for you, and you aren't hungry. I'd just try tweaking it. Aim to take out breakfast, pushing the hard boiled eggs to lunch. It's difficult for some, so you can do it slowly, pushing it up an hour at a time as you feel ready. you'll then get to the point where your window of eating is very small. This kind of intermittent fasting can really shake things up for the weight loss.
Back to top

amother




Yellow


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:12 pm
PinkandYellow wrote:
Slow and steady weight loss is good. I definitely consume about that calorie count or more per day so I don't think my food plan would work for you.

Your food plan sounds good, works for you, and you aren't hungry. I'd just try tweaking it. Aim to take out breakfast, pushing the hard boiled eggs to lunch. It's difficult for some, so you can do it slowly, pushing it up an hour at a time as you feel ready. you'll then get to the point where your window of eating is very small. This kind of intermittent fasting can really shake things up for the weight loss.


Still if you can post a sample day menu I would really appreciate it
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Weight Loss/ Exercise/ Dieting

Related Topics Replies Last Post
She puts tongue on top of mouth, now theres a rash, help?
by amother
4 Today at 9:29 am View last post
Help me stick with weight watchers...
by amother
0 Today at 7:37 am View last post
Kiddish for 25 - please help me plan
by amother
13 Yesterday at 3:57 pm View last post
Miami-Orlando vacation. Please help me plan
by amother
18 Yesterday at 12:57 am View last post
DH need another bris-help time sensitive
by amother
47 Sun, Dec 09 2018, 11:27 am View last post

Jump to:  







Report offensive ad