Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss 10 week challenge
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 8:18 pm
pause wrote:
I lost it over Shabbos. As much as I know that it's my weak point, somehow it doesn't translate into action. I ate even after my stomach was hurting me. embarrassed Now I'm gonna work all week to go back, only to have the same thing happen again next shabbos and we're back at square one.

So what are you going to change? Doing the same thing over and over if it doesn’t work is insanity.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 8:25 pm
andrea levy wrote:
So what are you going to change? Doing the same thing over and over if it doesn’t work is insanity.

I think you are quoting Einstein, and true we can't expect things to change unless we make an effort to change them, but I just hope this doesn't come off as an insult rather than the motivation you were trying to give over.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
I think you are quoting Einstein, and true we can't expect things to change unless we make an effort to change them, but I just hope this doesn't come off as an insult rather than the motivation you were trying to give over.

Nothing at bout my comment was an insult. This sure is a challenge that’s going nowhere fast

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 4:10 am
Crickets. Ask yourselves what you need to do differently. There’s no one answer. Just keep on keeping on until you figure it out. I’m still here. 19 months on my plan. Not the same as it was day 1, with adjustments as I realize what works and doesn’t. By 19 months, I pray nothing can knock me off but also know nothing will because I won’t go there.

Oh and I walked over 10 k this week.

sirel

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 4:53 am
I lost 2 kilo so far. Not as fast as I was hoping but still on plan.
Got out of the habit of posting, I hope everyone's still doing okay!

pause

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 6:34 am
andrea levy wrote:

I don't know. Every Shabbos I make a plan, but I have a hard time keeping to it. I don't know why. This week was much better BH. Motze Shabbos was long and there I went off track a bit, but overall, I'm happy with the number on the scale this morning.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 3:52 pm
I made the most delicious spinach dish this Shabbos.
Very low calorie
1 bag of frozen spinach
1 bag frozen cauliflower
2 Tbsp olive oil (optional)
Salt
Pepper
Lemon juice

Defrost spinach and squeeze most of the water out.
Steam cauliflower. Drain and put in a blender and blend until smooth. Add oil salt pepper and lemon juice. It’s suppose to be creamy almost cheesy tasting.
Mix the cauliflower sauce with spinach and put in a cassarole dish.
Taste and adjust salt.
Bake 30 minutes

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 6:49 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Lunch
Omelette with butter and about 3 ounces of Edam cheese ( I don’t measure but it was probably a half package)

About 4 cups of coffee with heavy cream
Solomon’s beef navel
No exercise. Contemplated walking to vote but ran out of time. Voted later when hub got home with car.

Not enough water for a change. I’ll drink now but a pity because I’ll be in the bathroom all night

Those huge amounts of high fats sound terribly unhealthy, I don’t care which diet allows it. Sometimes you have to use common sense and not overdo it.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 6:51 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Why isnt anyone posting any more?

Maybe because we are getting nauseated by the descriptions of the heavy cream, butter, cheese and high fats you report eating all the time. Rolling Eyes

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 6:52 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I’m going to bow out of here. I thought people would actually participate from the enthusiasm at the beginning. This is not good for me sitting here and watching everyone fail. When I got difficulty I keep going. This thread is all about giving up whenyou aren’t ‘perfect.’ And starting over again. One foot after another. Every single day. If you can’t, your food plan isn’t right for you. Make the changes you need to to be able to sustain it. All the best to you all. You can trash me all you like, I won’t be checking in. Those who want to speak with me privately may pine.

Sounds very holier than thou and preachy and bragging....not a good thing. Others struggle and that doesn’t mean they’re less than you.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 6:53 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Nothing at bout my comment was an insult. This sure is a challenge that’s going nowhere fast

Didn’t you say you were bowing out?

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 7:29 pm
You know what this diet plan is missing? Shame, embarrassment, guilt, and busha. In other words.....a nutritionist. I've always said that for the most part 90% of us know what's healthy and what's not healthy. We know not to eat ice cream, cookies, and French fries. We know we should drink water instead of soda and do exercise. The reason we fall off the wagon so easily is because we are not accountable to anyone but ourselves. That's just not enough. There has to be a skinny, pretty nutritionist who we are meeting once a week. She is weighing us and going over everything we ate since the last visit. The knowledge that I have an appointment in a few days keeps me in line today. I know im going to stand on her scale and I'll feel stupid if I didn't lose weight and she'll have to nicely go over what I did wrong as if I don't know. A plan like this thread is soooooo easy to give up and drop out. You were all anonymous to begin with. You can all eat ice cream at 2:00 in the morning and just decide you won't post on this thread anymore. And that's exactly what happened.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 2:10 am
Where did everyone go I was just getting ready to join!
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise