Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss 10 week challenge
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 8:33 pm
Today was pretty good
Breakfast oatmeal and a coffee
Snack apple
Lunch salad avocado 5 shibolim crackers
Snack almonds
Supper broccoli soup, grilled cutlet, salad
Some blueberries
Drank a lot of water
Let’s hope the rest of the night will be fine hardest is nights for me too . Accomplish a lot till late at night and need food to give a boost!

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 8:41 pm
Breakfast: 3 rice cakes, peanut butter
Lunch: 3 rice cakes, peanut butter
Snack: cherry tomatoes
Snack: 2 rice cakes, peanut butter
Dinner: steamed chicken, white rice, broccoli
1 hour work out
Drank a few cups of water

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 9:19 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Breakfast: 3 rice cakes, peanut butter
Lunch: 3 rice cakes, peanut butter
Snack: cherry tomatoes
Snack: 2 rice cakes, peanut butter
Dinner: steamed chicken, white rice, broccoli
1 hour work out
Drank a few cups of water

See this is my problem trying to diet.
I would go out my mind eating the same food three times a day!
And healthy food takes so much longer to prepare than unhealthy...
And did I say I'm lazy?

pause

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 9:21 pm
Breakfast hot cocoa with granola
Snack almonds
Lunch: Plain yogurt with banana
Snack: hot cocoa
Supper 1 slice WW bread with butter
scrambled egg
vegetable salad

I drank tons of water and exercised for about half hour. I hope I can keep my mouth shut for the rest of the night.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 9:50 pm
Breakfast 3/4 c life cereal with about 1/3 c milk
Lunch 2 1/2 c lentil veg soup
Then my husband, who was home, convinced me I should join him for our homemade schwarma, so I ate lots of fried onions and meat (no veg, chummus, lafa).
My lunch ended up being close to 900 calories!!!!
Supper was supposed to be salmon, string beans, butternut squash, but because I was almost at my calorie limit, I only are string beans and a few cubes of squash. I really could've eaten salmon, it's low calorie. but I am trying to stay under mylimit.
Drank 9 c water
Didn't do my dancing. Maybe tomorrow

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 10:12 pm
I feel like after the summer and yomtov I need a reset of my eating habits for my health not to loose weight necessarily. I want to be more organized and bring a healthy lunch and snacks to work each day. Dinner I do okay with but can always do better.

Today I had a tea at the bus stop

Breakfast when I got to work was polenta with chees

I took grapes for a snack

Sesame noodles for lunch

Eggplant boats with roasted chickpeas for dinner

Another tea before bed

groisamomma

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 10:51 pm
I love the idea of tea at night. I tried so hard not to spend time in the kitchen but if I'm playing games with my kids we automatically munch. It wasn't as bad as usual, though. A bag of flutes, a green apple, 1 cookie (ouch!), and a handful of potato chips. Could've been worse but I'm still not happy.

I'm aiming for this tomorrow:
Breakfast: Coffee with splenda
Snack: Yogurt with fiber one
Lunch: Tuna and salad (no dressing)
Snacks:
Apple
hard-boiled egg
raw snap peas

No idea what supper will be.

Today I drank 1.5 cups of water, which is huge for me. I want to repeat that tomorrow and maybe even drink a little more.

Good luck tomorrow, everyone!!

groisamomma

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 10:57 pm
Does anyone know what acai berries are? I bought it home for smoothies but the side effects listed on Google scare me.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 11:31 pm
I think a big mistake people here are making is eating too little. That puts your body into starvation mode and actually makes the body store calories! I know that that logically we all think if you eat less you lose more weight but not if you’re seriously depriving yourself of enough healthy food. Also, exercise really does speed up the process. I’ve been doing close to an hour on my bike almost every day and I’ve definitely seen a difference.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 11:57 pm
Breakfast 5 Melba toast with cream cheese
Bowl of vegetable soup and 1 slice of pizza
Supper 1 cup of rice and meatballs and salad

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 12:10 am
Cheiny wrote:
I think a big mistake people here are making is eating too little. That puts your body into starvation mode and actually makes the body store calories! I know that that logically we all think if you eat less you lose more weight but not if you’re seriously depriving yourself of enough healthy food. Also, exercise really does speed up the process. I’ve been doing close to an hour on my bike almost every day and I’ve definitely seen a difference.

So true. Read dr fuhrman's book, eat to live and the end of dieting. He talks about eating nutrient dense foods. There's no calorie counting etc. he encourages big portions of salads and vegetables and explains how eating this way helps us naturally reach our ideal weight.

I wanted to add, don't be afraid to include extras in your foods...chia seeds, flaxseeds, hemp hearts, pumpkin Or sunflower seeds can be sprinkled on cereal, oatmeal,yogurt, a smoothie, or in baking. Fresh chopped garlic and onions can be added to chicken, stir fry, whatever. These things give flavour and excitement to your dish as well as nutritional value. No need to eat bland boring foods. Add a rainbow of colorful vegetables to your lettuce, sprinkle with crushed nuts and seeds. A easy dressing is a thin homeade techina or hummus/splash of vinegar/garlic powder thinned out with water.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 12:21 am
Someone asked for the original challenge, so I'm posting what the op said.
It's a ten week challenge, "I want daily posts where everyone writes what they ate, cheats, water intake, exercise, at least for 3 weeks and then we could go weekly. Everyone should just sign off with their name from this post, so I'll be azure."

And here's my menu today
Breakfast-oatmeal, frozen berries, chia seeds, cinnamon. Coffee with unsweetened almond milk.
Lunch-2 ground chicken meatballs, a bell pepper, chicken breast with a drop of BBQ sauce.
Snack-assorted cut vegetables and a few green olives. Few chunks melon.
Dinner-tomatoes onions and eggs with hot sauce. Tea with unsweetened almond milk.
Snack-piece of weight watchers 0 point banana bread, not bad. It's made from chickpeas, has no flour oil or sweeteners. I could post the recipe if anyone is interested. I'm not on w.w. But was intrigued by the simplicity of the ingredients.

Drank maybe 2 bottles water, need to up that. Successful day BH it's hard fighting junk food cravings but I'm sticking to it. I went grocery shopping and resisted the snack packs of mini cookies I bought for the kids school lunches. Win!

sirel

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 1:04 am
I had

breakfast: 3 rice cakes, apple, 1 egg

lunch : 1 bowl vegetarian chili and rice (this was so good! I made it hot and spicy so it really fills you up)

snack: cut up melon (about 1/3 of a small melon)

early supper: salad of tomatoes, cucumbers and olives, 1 slice of ww toast and butter, 2 scrambled eggs.

later- 1 cup of coffee with a piece of cake

water- 2.5 liters

going to sleep early didn't happen.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 4:05 am
I find breakfast and lunch easy but supper the hardest, I work all day so preparing health foods takes times like someone mentioned. Tonight I'll be eating out so let's hope I keep it healthy,
Also regarding food intake slowing down your metabolism, I'm a big believer of that . I haven't been too good with that the last 2days but eating every 3 hours gets your body moving. I was once on the 3 hour diet and I lost the most.

cinnamon

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 4:38 am
Yesterday was really good for me:
Breakfast: a fat free yogurt, an apple and coffee
Lunch: whole wheat tuna wrap with veggies
supper: roasted chicken w/onions and peppers and farfal
snacks during the day: another coffee, an apple , a pear, a bell pepper, some cherry tomatoes, a cup of diet coke.
water: 1.5 liters.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 6:39 am
Well...Yesterday I slept most of the day. I work nights. When I woke up I had a coffee....not ready to give up my half and half. Then made my kids dinner and snacked on 3 fishsticks, handful of almonds, and finished off my kid's soup. I got 30 mins of youtube dancing in but my kids kept interrupting me which was fine, I sweated and my heart rate was up so I guess better than nothing. At work I ate a big Tupperware of salmon with sautéed mushrooms and spinach..this was put on top some mashed potatoes (waahh...love carbs). My biggest issue is drinking water. I drink 4 cups of coffee a day but barely any water. I can go like 2 days without more than a cup of water. I don't hate water I just forget and never really feel thirsty.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 7:25 am
I cheated already this morning, I'm coming up here to confess and now I want to be extra careful. We fall and get up again... each failure is a learning experience.
My problem was I wasn't organised, didn't have enough milk so couldn't eat full plate of brankflakes. Then I went to buy salad for work ( it's worth for Me to have my salads prepared in stores..its more tempting) next to the salads there was a box of garlic breads sliced. I couldn't resist. I said I'll eat 3 pieces I ended up eating 6. Felt sick so I needed some jellies to wash down taste Sad . I hope to flush it down with lots of water till my next meal..

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 9:50 am
amother wrote:
So today didn’t have to much fruits and food stocked up but tried my best . Was last year on Tanya and lost pretty nice so tried to keep to that way of eating

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "Tanya"? A diet plan?

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 9:54 am
amother wrote:
Someone asked for the original challenge, so I'm posting what the op said.
It's a ten week challenge, "I want daily posts where everyone writes what they ate, cheats, water intake, exercise, at least for 3 weeks and then we could go weekly. Everyone should just sign off with their name from this post, so I'll be azure."

And here's my menu today
Breakfast-oatmeal, frozen berries, chia seeds, cinnamon. Coffee with unsweetened almond milk.
Lunch-2 ground chicken meatballs, a bell pepper, chicken breast with a drop of BBQ sauce.
Snack-assorted cut vegetables and a few green olives. Few chunks melon.
Dinner-tomatoes onions and eggs with hot sauce. Tea with unsweetened almond milk.
Snack-piece of weight watchers 0 point banana bread, not bad. It's made from chickpeas, has no flour oil or sweeteners. I could post the recipe if anyone is interested. I'm not on w.w. But was intrigued by the simplicity of the ingredients.

Drank maybe 2 bottles water, need to up that. Successful day BH it's hard fighting junk food cravings but I'm sticking to it. I went grocery shopping and resisted the snack packs of mini cookies I bought for the kids school lunches. Win!

How are you not hungry after that tiny dinner you had?

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
I cheated already this morning, I'm coming up here to confess and now I want to be extra careful. We fall and get up again... each failure is a learning experience.
My problem was I wasn't organised, didn't have enough milk so couldn't eat full plate of brankflakes. Then I went to buy salad for work ( it's worth for Me to have my salads prepared in stores..its more tempting) next to the salads there was a box of garlic breads sliced. I couldn't resist. I said I'll eat 3 pieces I ended up eating 6. Felt sick so I needed some jellies to wash down taste Sad . I hope to flush it down with lots of water till my next meal..

That’s ok, we’re all human! Just start again.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise