Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Rice crispy treats without butter/margarine

Mommy1:)

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 4:58 pm
Unable to buy margarine - I'm out of town, and it's all dairy. Anyone have a no butter/margarine recipe for rice crispy treats?

simcha2

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 5:02 pm
Maybe crisco?

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 5:03 pm
My recipe doesn't use margarine at all, just peanut butter and corn syrup. Is that the one you want?

Sebastian

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 5:07 pm
for the white rice kirspy treats, I just use fluff and rice krispies. I never used butter or margarine.

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 6:57 pm
Sebastian wrote:
for the white rice kirspy treats, I just use fluff and rice krispies. I never used butter or margarine.

Can I please have your recipe? amounts/proportions? Thank you! Perfect for guests who can't eat peanut butter...

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 6:58 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
My recipe doesn't use margarine at all, just peanut butter and corn syrup. Is that the one you want?

Yes please! I have corn syrup, I could do that. Please share?

cheerios

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:03 pm
You can use coconut oil in place of margarine. It actually adds a nice flavor. (I made the marshmallow rice crispy treats. )

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:26 pm
Sebastian wrote:

Curious if you heat and melt the fluff before mixing?

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:30 pm
My recipe doesn’t use margarine
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 cup corn syrup
1 T water
4 cups rice crispies
2 cups roasted unsalted peanuts chopped (optional) but adds nice crunch and flavor

Cook peanut butter chocolate chips corn syrup and water till melted. Remove from heat and add rice crispies and peanuts.

Last edited by HeartyAppetite on Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:34 pm
Mommy1:) wrote:
Yes please! I have corn syrup, I could do that. Please share?

One cup peanut butter
One cup corn syrup
Half to one cup sugar
5 cups rice krispies

Chocolate chips

Combine sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter and heat until softened. Add rice krispies and press mixture into 9x 13 pan or cookie sheet. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and put in hot oven for a minute or two. Remove from oven and smooth chocolate with the flat part of a knife. Cut into squares while warm.

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:11 pm
Thank you!

Hearty Appetite, saving your recipe for when I have more parve chocolate chips in the freezer. I'm a total chocoholic.

Mommyg8, I made your recipe and it looks amazing! Had a tablespoon of candy covered chocolate chips in the house (I ate the rest of the chocolate Rolling Eyes ) sprinkled them on top and it's beautiful... Perfect for all the shabbos guests this weekend. Thank you all!

I'd love to try a marshmallow fluff recipe - If I could find one without margarine, maybe I'll put one together for erev shabbos munching? I know, awful for dieting...Twisted Evil

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:17 pm
Mommy1:) wrote:
Thank you!

Hearty Appetite, saving your recipe for when I have more parve chocolate chips in the freezer. I'm a total chocoholic.

Mommyg8, I made your recipe and it looks amazing! Had a tablespoon of candy covered chocolate chips in the house (I ate the rest of the chocolate Rolling Eyes ) sprinkled them on top and it's beautiful... Perfect for all the shabbos guests this weekend. Thank you all!

I'd love to try a marshmallow fluff recipe - If I could find one without margarine, maybe I'll put one together for erev shabbos munching? I know, awful for dieting...Twisted Evil

Thanks! I hope it tastes amazing too! When I made it last week I ate a little bit too much... not really great for my diet Exploding anger . But hope you enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics