Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Why don't you vax?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Why don't you vax all your children?
Immunocompromised  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Experienced bad vaccine reaction, stopped  
 37%  [ 13 ]
In the scientific /medical field professionally, this is my opinion  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Someone convinced me, I did research, stopped  
 5%  [ 2 ]
All my friends are not  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Poor health overall, vaccines complicate or worsen  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Auto-immune issues, they don't work  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I think they are bad for you, so why would I?  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I vax everyone except for one child specifically  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I was aware of the debate, did research  
 31%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 35

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:13 pm
keym wrote:
No. My grandmother who is frail and elderly. My neighbor who is fighting cancer and on chemo. My cousin who has a medical condition. These people have extremely compromised immune systems. Exposing them to measles or pertussis or the chicken pox could kill them.
And my sisters and friends and neighbors who are pregnant. Exposing them can severely damage, hurt, or kill the baby they are carrying. Do you want to take responsibility for someone else's child being born deaf or intellectually disabled or missing limbs?
And finally my baby, your baby, and everyone's babies under 1 and 2 that don't have the ability to fight the disease, to develop immunities, and whom getting the measles could be deadly.

The flu vaccine killed my grandmother. Please don’t get me started.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:
The flu vaccine killed my grandmother.

And I know a few people who were productive active members of the community and they became incapacitated after the flu shot. Nothing to sniffle at.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:21 pm
amother wrote:
To play devils advocate - do you read the ingredients of every food you eat and everything that touches your skin? Like detergents and deodorant and soaps? Some sodas have bromenated vegetable oil and derivatives of gasoline. Food coloring - in Europe and other countries (not the USA) there are warnings about effects the colorings may have on children. .

To play devil's advocate, do you think about the foods you put into your children's bodies? Or do you just feed them any foods indiscriminately? And are you indiscriminate about what goes onto your skin?
I think the same habits carry over to vaccine choice.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:37 pm
amother wrote:
Please add poll: because I am selfish. Instead of having a kvetchy baby for one day, I will rely on herd immunity and the fact that you vaccinated. Banging head

No I want my child to have the long-term/lifetime immunity like myself. I try to take them to good old fashioned measles & chickenpox parties.

I wish everyone would stop vaccinating , everyone would eve childhood illness. Chronic disease would drop to pre-vaccine levels

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:42 pm
amother wrote:
both you and I know it aint gonna happen...

True b/c they are chickens

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:42 pm
amother wrote:
I absolutely read the ingredients on every single thing I bring into my house use beauty and cleaning supplies only with acceptable ingredients including makeup toothpaste dish and laundry detergent soap shampoo and deoderant and can't understand how people feed kids candy and pop. Aside for that, as has been pointed out many times, there is no comparison to toxic substances that are ingested versus those that are injected. And yes, as their mother and supreme authority on the state of their health, I firmly believe my children have ample medical reason not to risk being vaccinated, but unfortunately none of their doctors agree.

I’m sorry I didn’t even make it through a page of this thread but this post is so rediculous. So if a child were to ch”v get cancer you wouldn’t give chemo because of all kinds of chemicals etc that you don’t know? Give me a break.
You can’t know every single thing. We’re in 2018 not the dark ages. Why don’t you crack open your phone and see the batteries and mechanicals inside and decide if those are safe to bring into your house? Why don’t you check the structure of your home and the foundation to decide if it’s safe to live in? Sometimes you gotta trust those who are a bit smarter than you=doctors

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:
Because my newphew unfortunately regressed severely at age 3 (after his mother delayed vaccines) from being a talking, walking, social child to a completely autistic, impossible to reach child. The doctor said that although it began pretty soon after his vaccines (there’s video documentation of it all), there’s no “causal relationship” but rather he called it a “freak accident” situation.
Because my youngest brother was vaccinated instead of getting mumps as a child (like his older brothers did) and never gained permanent immunity from actually going through the disease. Unforgivably, he caught the disease when he was an adult, and is now sterile. His doctor said adult mumps vaccines are “in the midst of being researched”. Too late.
Because my previous pediatrician didn’t vaccinate her own children, but threatened to kick me out of her practice if I don’t vaccinate my own.
Because a close friend of mine was offered a settlement for vaccine injury for one of her children, but only if she makes a sworn statement that she will never broach the subject again and will be never publicize her story.
There is more.
In any case, if your child is vaccinated, he’s fine. Do you really care if my child dies of chicken pox?

Better a child who’s alive than dead.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:50 pm
amother wrote:
Because my newphew unfortunately regressed severely at age 3 (after his mother delayed vaccines) from being a talking, walking, social child to a completely autistic, impossible to reach child. The doctor said that although it began pretty soon after his vaccines (there’s video documentation of it all), there’s no “causal relationship” but rather he called it a “freak accident” situation.
Because my youngest brother was vaccinated instead of getting mumps as a child (like his older brothers did) and never gained permanent immunity from actually going through the disease. Unforgivably, he caught the disease when he was an adult, and is now sterile. His doctor said adult mumps vaccines are “in the midst of being researched”. Too late.
Because my previous pediatrician didn’t vaccinate her own children, but threatened to kick me out of her practice if I don’t vaccinate my own.
Because a close friend of mine was offered a settlement for vaccine injury for one of her children, but only if she makes a sworn statement that she will never broach the subject again and will be never publicize her story.
There is more.
In any case, if your child is vaccinated, he’s fine. Do you really care if my child dies of chicken pox?

Genuinely curious- do/ did u kids or ppl u know actually get mumps and pox etc. and therefore have immunity as kids or are they not having the vaccine or the illness and therefor have no immunity? Did any of ur kids have complications from these illnesses?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:54 pm
amother wrote:
No I want my child to have the long-term/lifetime immunity like myself. I try to take them to good old fashioned measles & chickenpox parties.

I wish everyone would stop vaccinating , everyone would eve childhood illness. Chronic disease would drop to pre-vaccine levels

How insane is this thought process! Parents lost several children pre vaccine days and preantibiotics days. May God watch over your children well!

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:55 pm
amother wrote:
I’m sorry I didn’t even make it through a page of this thread but this post is so rediculous. So if a child were to ch”v get cancer you wouldn’t give chemo because of all kinds of chemicals etc that you don’t know? Give me a break.
You can’t know every single thing. We’re in 2018 not the dark ages. Why don’t you crack open your phone and see the batteries and mechanicals inside and decide if those are safe to bring into your house? Why don’t you check the structure of your home and the foundation to decide if it’s safe to live in? Sometimes you gotta trust those who are a bit smarter than you=doctors
Great analogy because cancer treatment and vaccines are the exact same risk/benefit analysis. Vaccine preventable diseases are just as deadly as cancer. And prophylactic treatment versus treating an existing condition is the exact same thing. Uh huh.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:59 pm
amother wrote:
You clearly missed the point. I will explain.

I don’t think your anger, resentment, fear, anxiety, thousands of posts and hours of research about “the non-vaxx community” is so much about the poor children who are being “abused” by the parents (who you believe should be jailed) that love them very much.

I suspect it is one of these two:
1) You are dying to understand it all. It’s different and creating the “other” is more comfortable than having an honest open discussion.
2) You are secretly nervous about giving vaccines. You want to research all the dangers of not vaccinating so you can calm your nerves about vaccinating.

For the record, most of the non-vaxxers are aware of the dangers of not vaccinating and they don’t believe it is without danger. However, they still make a conscious decision that based on their specific circumstances/family history/personal belief they are better off taking the risk of not vaccinating than taking the risk of vaccinating. Both are not without risks. The non-vaxxers do love their children as much as you love yours, but since these kids are theirs, and not yours, you’ll have to allow them to make the decisions, while you make decisions for yours..

Please keep the discussion civil. I understand why people vaccinate, and I understand why people don’t vaccinate.

I’m not sure I understand your post as I don’t really have any anxiety regarding non vaxxers. I also didn’t spend hours doing research about anything. Insinuating that I have a secret fear about vaccinations is hilarious. I have no such fear. In fact, until this site I did not even know that there are actual people that don’t vaccinate their children. I always understood that vaccinations are a huge bracha and it never occurred to me that anyone can think otherwise. I personally, cannot stand fanatics which is why anti vaxxers irk me so much.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:01 pm
amother wrote:
Great analogy because cancer treatment and vaccines are the exact same risk/benefit analysis. Vaccine preventable diseases are just as deadly as cancer. And prophylactic treatment versus treating an existing condition is the exact same thing. Uh huh.

I would love to meet you irl. Like-minded people are few and far between.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:02 pm
I'm sorry if this cuts the conversation short but, to summarize those who don't vaccinate have calculated that the risk of vaccinating is the greater risk to their children's health. Not because they are selfish or idealistic, whatever that means. It is usually a painstakingly thought out and conscious decision after going through the pros and cons.
And they also have doctors and experts, just perhaps not from the same paradigm as you

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:14 pm
amother wrote:
Seriously? Wow.

No, not seriously. She was assuming that people do that and is frustrated by it (hence the hammer emoticon).

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:18 pm
amother wrote:
Would love to know more ppl like this irl to. Going against the grain is lonely and hard.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:20 pm
amother wrote:
I'm sorry if this cuts the conversation short but, to summarize those who don't vaccinate have calculated that the risk of vaccinating is the greater risk to their children's health. Not because they are selfish or idealistic, whatever that means. It is usually a painstakingly thought out and conscious decision after going through the pros and cons.
And they also have doctors and experts, just perhaps not from the same paradigm as you

Well said!

Maybe

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:26 pm
amother wrote:
Genuinely curious- do/ did u kids or ppl u know actually get mumps and pox etc. and therefore have immunity as kids or are they not having the vaccine or the illness and therefor have no immunity? Did any of ur kids have complications from these illnesses?

All my parents' kids had every childhood disease , so did some of my kids B"H

Maybe

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
Would love to know more ppl like this irl to. Going against the grain is lonely and hard.

PM me

Maybe

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:29 pm
amother wrote:

PM ME

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:25 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I’m not sure I understand your post as I don’t really have any anxiety regarding non vaxxers. I also didn’t spend hours doing research about anything. Insinuating that I have a secret fear about vaccinations is hilarious. I have no such fear. In fact, until this site I did not even know that there are actual people that don’t vaccinate their children. I always understood that vaccinations are a huge bracha and it never occurred to me that anyone can think otherwise. I personally, cannot stand fanatics which is why anti vaxxers irk me so much.

I'm quoting your post, but I mean others...
Do you know its a bracha and privelage to vaccinate? come on my facebook page, where parents have immune compromised children & hear in what fear they live. and how some are postponing treatment for their kids or taking breaks, so they can get vaccinated.
Us parents of sick kids live in constant fear of enough things. so many viruses & illnesses that there are no vaccines & we have to be on the alert. add to that all the nonvaxed kids & the loss of herd immunity. anxiety inducing.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics