Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Newlyweds and the fast

trafficgal

Post Fri, Aug 12 2005, 6:14 pm
I heard once that there are some things that newlyweds in there first year of marriage do differently on Tishabaav and Yom Kippur but for the life of me I cant remember what they are????

Any one know?????

debz123

Post Fri, Aug 12 2005, 6:21 pm
I don't know about tisha b'av but on yom kippur the chosson dosn't wear a kittel

Tefila

Post Fri, Aug 12 2005, 6:24 pm
And on Yom Kippur a newly wed girl can wash her face= shulchan Aruch Tongue Out
Not sure if there is anything else Confused ..... oh u maybe nice or at the very least civil 2 each other jmo Twisted Evil

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 4:36 pm
a newlywed, within one month of their wedding, also doesn't have the prohibition of seecha on 9 Av. but not for the whole first year of marriage! unfortunately I found this out AFTER tisha b'av of our shana rishona (we got married a few days before 17 Tammuz, so this would have applied to me!)
also, if you get married the day before or after a fast day you may not have to fast on your wedding day. but don't quote me on that Wink .

technic

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 4:52 pm
seecha?

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 12:07 pm
seecha, with a chof (not a ches) is annointing- one of the five prohibitions of Tisha B'Av. sorry, for the confusion 8)

Motek

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 12:45 pm
ah, of course!

but what do you mean about unfortunately finding out later? what kind of anointing would you have wanted to do?

and I never understood the halacha about the kalla being allowed to wash her face on Yom Kippur - washing your face with water doesn't make your face look different (unless it was dirty) so why is this impt. for a kalla?

Mommy912

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 1:49 pm
putting on makeup.

Motek

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 1:54 pm
oh, why not do what everybody does for Shabbos - put on makeup erev Shabbos

Mommy912

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 2:00 pm
My makeup never lasts until Shabboss morning Crying On Tisha Be'av I was in no mood to put on makeup, too tired and uch... My focus was not on how I looked at all. I can understand a new kallah wanting to put on makeup. I remember how it took time getting used to a shaitel, I can empathize with wanting to look her best.

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 2:03 pm
nope, it's more like I would have done it because I could and nobody else could! Wink

Motek

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 2:14 pm
Mommy912 wrote:
My makeup never lasts until Shabboss morning

there are things you can try - longerlasting makeup, not using a napkin aggressively Smile ..

Quote:
I would have done it because I could and nobody else could!

Twisted Evil

Tefila

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 2:32 pm
My make up stays on partially over shabbos though sometimes looks like I have two black eyes LOL

technic

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 5:06 pm
0613 ty Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note