Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Nitra is located right near George Soros and Hillary Clinton

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 11:09 am
I wonder if either Hillary Clinton and especially George Soros* (hes from Budapest, Hungary, his name was adapted from Schwartz) ever offered opinions on Nitra, right in their neighborhood.

Nitra is located right in the center of George Soros' palatial estate in Katonah and Hillary Clinton's home in Chapaqua. Theyre all within 20 minute drive of one another.

*Soros was born in Budapest in the Kingdom of Hungary to a well-to-do non-observant Jewish family, who, like many upper-middle class Hungarian Jews at the time, were uncomfortable with their roots. Soros has wryly described his home as a Jewish antisemitic home.[28] His mother Erzsébet (also known as Elizabeth) came from a family that owned a thriving silk shop. His father Tivadar (also known as Teodoro) was a lawyer[29] and had been a prisoner of war during and after World War I until he escaped from Russia and rejoined his family in Budapest.[30][31] The two married in 1924. Tivadar was an Esperantist writer.[32] In 1936, Soros' family changed their name from the German-Jewish Schwartz to Soros, as protective camouflage in increasingly antisemitic Hungary.[33][34] Tivadar liked the new name because it is a palindrome and because of its meaning. In Hungarian, soros means "next in line," or "designated successor"; in Esperanto it means "will soar."

Soros was 13 years old in March 1944 when Nazi Germany occupied Hungary.[38] The Nazis barred Jewish children from attending school, and Soros and the other schoolchildren were made to report to the Judenrat ("Jewish Council"), which had been established during the occupation. Soros later described this time to writer Michael Lewis: "The Jewish Council asked the little kids to hand out the deportation notices. I was told to go to the Jewish Council. And there I was given these small slips of paper ... I took this piece of paper to my father. He instantly recognized it. This was a list of Hungarian Jewish lawyers. He said, "You deliver the slips of paper and tell the people that if they report they will be deported."[39][40]

Soros did not return to that job; his family survived the war by purchasing documents to say that they were Christians. Later that year at age 14, Soros posed as the Christian godson of an official of the collaborationist Hungarian government's Ministry of Agriculture, who himself had a Jewish wife in hiding. On one occasion, rather than leave the 14 year old alone, the official took Soros with him while he inventoried a rich Jewish family's estate, though Soros did not take part. Tivadar saved not only his immediate family but also many other Hungarian Jews, and George would later write that 1944 had been "the happiest [year] of his life," for it had given him the opportunity to witness his father's heroism.[41][42] In 1945, Soros survived the Siege of Budapest, in which Soviet and German forces fought house-to-house through the city.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

I strongly doubt that either are fans of the huge Chassidc population so close to where they live.

simcha2

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 11:12 am
Huh?

Maya

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 11:16 am
I don’t think either of the three cares. If Soros has a problem with Nitra, he could have moved away.

simcha2

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 11:18 am
Maya wrote:
I don’t think either of the three cares. If Soros has a problem with Nitra, he could have moved away.

What is Nitra?

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 10:23 am
simcha2 wrote:
What is Nitra?

An Ultra Chassidic group living in the area.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 4:40 pm
You're mixing up with neighbouring kasho.
Nitra, mount kisco is a mix of chasidish and yekkish.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 4:50 pm
Ya think Hillary is op? Rolling Eyes

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 5:37 pm
amother wrote:

Yekke? Are you sure?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 5:43 pm
Oberlendish.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 6:09 pm
amother wrote:
Oberlendish.

"A yekke is a Jew of German-speaking origin."

"Oberlanders — Jews originating from the northwestern part of the former Kingdom of Hungary — are often confused with yekkes due to similar minhagim."

too tired

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 6:20 pm
Nitra is a nice miniature community. And there is the croton dam a few miles away... beautifully place

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 10:00 pm
amother wrote:

Mixing up what? Op is correct. Mount Kisco, Katonah, and Chappaqua are all in the same vicinity.

And btw, I wouldn't call it a "huge" community. If I'm not mistaken, the Mount Kisco frum community is diminishing, with many people moving out.

Purple2

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 11:55 pm
I doubt they even know they exist. I have close relatives who are not religious and live in Chappequa. They never mentioned chassidish in their neighbourhood.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 12:11 am
camp wrote:
I doubt they even know they exist. I have close relatives who are not religious and live in Chappequa. They never mentioned chassidish in their neighbourhood.

I find that interesting. If I had a whole community of people living within 1/2 drive or less of where I live, dressed as awkwardly as Hari Krishna (and Chassidic dress is pretty awkward relative to the secular world's dress), Id probably be aware of it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries