Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Does anyone remember how to play kugelach - chamesh avanim?

spelt

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 5:47 am
Just saw them in the store and couldn't resist. I want to teach it to my grandchildren but can't remember all the rounds.

Rappel

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 5:53 am
Make them up! We did. XD

salt

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 6:11 am
Do you understand Hebrew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeCTeahBLzI

Teacher_EW

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 6:44 am
I dont know if this is all of them, but when we played it was onesies, twosies, threesies, foursies, al yad, onesies, changesies, onesies putsies, onesies bridgies. Then twosies, and the cycle continued with a whole round of doing everything by twos.

I can go through the rules of each round if u need...

esther11

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:25 am
Teacher_EW wrote:
I dont know if this is all of them, but when we played it was onesies, twosies, threesies, foursies, al yad, onesies, KUGELACH, ONSIES, changesies, onesies putsies, onesies bridgies. Then twosies, and the cycle continued with a whole round of doing everything by twos.

I can go through the rules of each round if u need...

I added in the ones you skipped Smile

etky

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:13 am
Oh wow, such memories. Haven't thought of חמש אבנים in years.
I was so bad at it. embarrassed
I had to play חתול
I don't think I ever mananged to play כלב
But it was such fun anyway, even if most of the time I was just watching the more agile kids play.
Those were the days, before cell phones, computers and even TV which barely existed then.
We'd come home from school, drop our bags and run downstairs to play and run around with the neighborhood kids on the street. We made up our own games or played tofeset (catch) and other street games like 'sheva avanim' and 'mavet' which was an Israeli version of hopscotch.
Aside from chamesh avanim we also used to collect apricot pits (aju-im) and marbles (julot) and play similar jacks-like games with them.
There was even a game to play with gum wrappers.
It was a very poor country back then but for children it was paradise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics