Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Groceries Tristate Weekly

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:34 am
What do you spend a week on groceries ? I am looking to compare and see what is the average to high end of common. We are not a young family, average sized, not 2 and not 12 , and try to eat healthy. What do you think a weekly food budget range should be? I am trying to figure out our budget.

mom!

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:49 am
We are a family of 3 and spend around $100 in the supermarket weekly. Plus every 3-4 weeks I stock up on chickens from another grocery and spend around $100 there as well. So about $500 a month. However, I am constantly looking for ways to cut this down. We recently started sticking to a once a week shopping trip STRICTLY. (We used to run in to a neighborhood grocery every day for something else and it really adds up.) If I am missing something, we just find a replacement in the house, or I don't make that thing. So far it has been working, but we are getting used to it. We did reap the rewards when we got our credit card statements:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics