Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Babymoon

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 11:28 pm
Hey:)

Dh and I have never gone away together- Bh hectic schedules since day one and then fertility treatments etc.

I am Bh pregnant and we have one week in December that we can use for a getaway!

Always wanted to go to panama but it seems that that’s a Zika problem.

Been to Florida many times myself as an older single and not tempting me... and we have both been to the west coast (LA San Diego) several times. Maybe Arizona? Is there a nice vacation spot there?

Any good ideas? Kosher food is necessary, good food a plus.

Also, an area with cheaper hotel rates.

If anyone’s is not pregnant or ttc go to panama is seems awesome!

pesek zman

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 11:34 pm
A friend went to Charleston for her Babymoon and loved it

tichellady

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 11:36 pm
I would recommend Mexico City or New Orleans or Arizona

doctorima

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 12:28 am
Arizon's great - direct flights to Phoenix, pick up food there, then relax a few days in Sedona, go see the Grand Canyon, a day or two in Scottsdale - perfect!

agreer

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 12:35 am
Las Vegas is awesome. It's beautifully decorated during December. Has shul, restaurants, and kosher supermarkets.

Hawaii is gorgeous but gotta bring kosher food.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 12:53 am
tichellady wrote:
I would recommend Mexico City or New Orleans or Arizona

Oooh do u know if these are Zika safe? Is New Orleans warm this time of year?

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 12:54 am
pesek zman wrote:
A friend went to Charleston for her Babymoon and loved it

That’s original- what’s there?

pesek zman

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 8:08 am
amother wrote:
That’s original- what’s there?

Its supposed to be an old, beautiful southern city. Haven’t been but it’s definitely on my list!

tichellady

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 8:43 am
amother wrote:
Oooh do u know if these are Zika safe? Is New Orleans warm this time of year?

All fine in terms of Zika ( Mexico City is fine because of high elevation so the Zika mosquitos are extremely unlikely to live there, other parts of Mexico are not fine for pregnant women)
New Orleans is not going to be hot but not cold during the day- looks like nice walking weather to me, it’s a mild winter

SuperWify

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 8:50 am
doctorima wrote:
Arizon's great - direct flights to Phoenix, pick up food there, then relax a few days in Sedona, go see the Grand Canyon, a day or two in Scottsdale - perfect!

I went there for my Babymoon! Highly highly recommended!

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 9:55 am
SuperWify wrote:
I went there for my Babymoon! Highly highly recommended!

I’ve been there before but it was so pretty maybe I’ll go back:)
Can u share some of ur trip details? Like how many days in each place/ extra nice hotel or excursion? Probably wouldn’t go back to Grand Canyon but maybe Bryce and lake Powell!

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 9:57 am
I second vegas. Cheap (gorgeous) hotels, great kosher food, tons to do...

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:05 am
amother wrote:
I second vegas. Cheap (gorgeous) hotels, great kosher food, tons to do...

I thought of that but a recent thread for ideas here (not mine) didn’t sound like there was so much to do...

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:10 am
amother wrote:
I thought of that but a recent thread for ideas here (not mine) didn’t sound like there was so much to do...

Every single hotel on the strip is an attraction. It could take days to get through them all. There are also great shows and some TV show tapings if you are in to that. We've been there twice and I still feel like I have so much to do and see.

Ridethewaves

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:15 am
Just keep in mind that sometimes it’s not safe to fly while pregnant... get an ok from ur doctor

SuperWify

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:36 am
amother wrote:
I’ve been there before but it was so pretty maybe I’ll go back:)
Can u share some of ur trip details? Like how many days in each place/ extra nice hotel or excursion? Probably wouldn’t go back to Grand Canyon but maybe Bryce and lake Powell!

You can pm me

doctorima

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:41 am
Lake Powell in Page is beautiful, and while there, make sure to go to Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. Bryce is stunning, as long as you don't mind the drive. Then you could also see Hoover Dam. You may be able to fly into Phoenix and out of Vegas (or vice-versa) to cut down on driving, but check car rental one-way rates first.

tichellady

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 1:15 pm
amother wrote:

Vegas is polarizing. I wouldn’t want to babymoon there. I like spending a day or two there but after that I feel ready to leave because it’s just too much for me. Hard to explain exactly but it feels very excessive and fake. I’m sure other people feel differently.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 2:37 pm
The Pacific Northwest is gorgeous. The winter will be cool and likely rainy, but very lush and green with lots of natural water sources.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics