Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A meme that vaccine-choice proponents can appreciate
1  2  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:33 am
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbc.....BD29C

southernbubby

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:36 am
Yeah but I wonder what they say about it when infants come down with it. For school aged kids and young adults, it usually runs it's course if the person is generally healthy.

Do those same people feel that infants benefit from having measles?

Sebastian

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:39 am
you can make a meme that says the same thing about chicken pox, my mother wouldn't agree. Although b"h none of her kids had complications from chicken pox, she is glad her grandkids can be vaccinated and don't need to suffer from chicken pox.

And the measles vaccine is a whole lot more effective and has been around a lot longer than the chicken pox vaccine.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:41 am
To me the meme looks more like satire, actually mocking the anti vaccine population.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:43 am
If it's one of their children who has long term repercussions - such as male infertility, blindness, encephalitis, SSPE, etc, would they still see any hint of humor in this meme? Hashem yeracheim.

WastingTime

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 12:39 pm
Chatterbox
Is that really the best you can do?

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 12:43 pm
I thought that was dumb.
Deaths are rare.
BUT THERE ARE STILL DEATHS!!!
and major complications.
so I guess its all ok for the anti vaxers
until it happens to your kid of someone you care about!

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 12:47 pm
Deaths are also rare from vaccines. BUT THERE ARE DEATHS!

If someone you loved died or was brain damaged from vaccines, would you be so casual about giving them?

Sebastian

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 12:59 pm
amother wrote:
Deaths are also rare from vaccines. BUT THERE ARE DEATHS!

If someone you loved died or was brain damaged from vaccines, would you be so casual about giving them?

Deaths usually result from an allergic reaction. Watch for that after vaccinating.

The odds of dying from measles (which anti vaxers claim is so so rare) is a lot higher than dying from a vaccine.

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 1:06 pm
If it weren't dangerous before the vaccine, then why would they have bothered trying to make a vaccine? Scratching Head

nchr

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 1:19 pm
Sebastian wrote:
you can make a meme that says the same thing about chicken pox, my mother wouldn't agree. Although b"h none of her kids had complications from chicken pox, she is glad her grandkids can be vaccinated and don't need to suffer from chicken pox.

And the measles vaccine is a whole lot more effective and has been around a lot longer than the chicken pox vaccine.

I vaccinate against both, but comparing the two like this is a bad idea. Measles is much more serious, more infectious, more likely to cause complications, more overwhelming to the immune system, etc. than Chicken Pox. The entire way the two viruses function is different.

Sebastian

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 1:22 pm
nchr wrote:
I vaccinate against both, but comparing the two like this is a bad idea. Measles is much more serious, more infectious, more likely to cause complications, more overwhelming to the immune system, etc. than Chicken Pox. The entire way the two viruses function is different.

yes but anti vaxers often try to claim measles was just like chicken pox and kids stayed home for a week and played board games and were absolutely fine. Even with chicken pox, my mother said it was very painful and difficult and she would never choose to have her kids get chicken pox.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 1:41 pm
Sebastian wrote:
yes but anti vaxers often try to claim measles was just like chicken pox and kids stayed home for a week and played board games and were absolutely fine. Even with chicken pox, my mother said it was very painful and difficult and she would never choose to have her kids get chicken pox.

I had chicken pox when I was 2 or 3 years old. I still retch when I smell that awful oatmeal bath I had to sit in. And I still remember how utterly horrible the disease was.

My husband had whooping cough. He says it was the worst experience of his life. Much worse than having a tumor removed.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 1:45 pm
I really don't get the point in posting this. I can't tell if this meme is serious or satire and I have no idea what you hope to accomplish by posting it. Certainly not to begin a dialogue about vaccines and measles. We already have at least 3 dozen open threads on that.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 3:28 pm
Sebastian wrote:

My sister told me she has a patient whose child recently had the chicken pox - under her eyelids, in her throat, etc...the poor child really suffered, and the mother regrets not having given the vaccine.

My younger sister was also very sick when she had the chicken pox, at age 2 1/2. I still shudder to remember it. When I gave my kids the vaccine, it was not because I work. It was because of the memories I associate with the pox.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 3:34 pm
The point is that the actual disease confers real immunity. This would mean that mothers who had the actual disease will give birth to children who are immune for the first few months at least. I don't know if that's true of immunized mothers, but I doubt it.

Childhood diseases were mostly all benign in childhood.

So why did they create the vaccines? It's a very simple answer, and has a haskama from no less than King Solomn, the wisest of all men:

לִשְׂחוֹק עֹשִׂים לֶחֶם וְיַיִן יְשַׂמַּח חַיִּים וְהַכֶּסֶף יַעֲנֶה אֶת הַכֹּל.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 3:57 pm
In England they actually don't vaccinate against chickenpox.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-heal.....npox/

penguin

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 3:58 pm
Probably because their pharmaceutical lobby is not as powerful as the one in the US.
Do they give all the other ones given in the US?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 4:26 pm
penguin wrote:
Probably because their pharmaceutical lobby is not as powerful as the one in the US.
Do they give all the other ones given in the US?

Yes, I think that's the only one that isn't given.

They never used to give for hepatitis (they claim it's less common than in other parts of the world) though I think it is now part of the routine schedule as well.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 4:47 pm
amother wrote:
The point is that the actual disease confers real immunity. This would mean that mothers who had the actual disease will give birth to children who are immune for the first few months at least. I don't know if that's true of immunized mothers, but I doubt it.

Childhood diseases were mostly all benign in childhood.

So why did they create the vaccines? It's a very simple answer, and has a haskama from no less than King Solomn, the wisest of all men:

לִשְׂחוֹק עֹשִׂים לֶחֶם וְיַיִן יְשַׂמַּח חַיִּים וְהַכֶּסֶף יַעֲנֶה אֶת הַכֹּל.

I don't think so. I had chicken pox & my baby was very young when she had chicken pox- (a nursing baby fwiw) same with my sister in law. & it was very sad & upsetting that my baby had to suffer with the pox on top of e/t she goes through on a daily basis.
ftr, my nephew landed in the hospital bec he had complications from the pox.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics