Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
I hate hate cooking!
Previous  1  2

dankbar

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 1:54 am
sub wrote:
Me. I’d rather just buy something. When they were younger I did it because I had to. Luckily for me hubby and kids love it and they have taken over

So they're subbing for your jobs & for which jobs are you subbing for? As your name connotates?

dankbar

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 1:58 am
I actually enjoy cooking.

Not under pressure though.
I like to try diff recipes.
Definitely like to eat.
What shall I do, that it doesn't like me?

I hate cleaning because with little kids who keep making mess, I just feel I clean for the place to become a mess again. It's never ending.

Cleaning is pretty boring & don't need to use any brains.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 9:26 am
I. Dislike. Cooking. Period.
I just do. No reason.

Once in a while I get caught up in something I make which is not good because then I lose patience in the middle. I would rather hire someone to cook for me than to clean my house. If I can get someone to come one a week and cook suppers for the week - freeze it - with specific instructions about what and how to add - THAT WOULD BE AMAZING! My kitchen would remain relatively clean all week and I could easily play with my kids. Bliss. I would even give up my cleaning lady.

I don't mind doing laundry anyone wanna switch off with me.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Dec 20 2018, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

moonstone

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 9:36 am
I hate cooking. I find it tedious and boring. I'd much rather clean than cook.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 9:47 am
It is not so hard to get the cleaning lady to do cooking. You need to train them in.

I used to cook and have the cleaning lady prep and clean up. Now I supervise and contribute when I can because I am ill. Most of them love the kitchen work best. My cleaning lady comes 3 days a week which is perfect for cooking.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 12:26 pm
I don't hate cooking in general, but I do hate having to cook all the time. Having to get dinner on the table every night and make Shabbos every week and prep lunches for school days leaves me rather burnt out (no pun intended). If I only cooked when I was in the mood then I'd probably enjoy it a lot more!

ETA: It's not just the cooking that gets annoying - it's all the trappings that come with it too, from planning to shopping to prepping to cleaning to serving to getting the timing right and multi tasking so the laundry and hw and everything else gets done too.

keym

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 12:36 pm
I don't hate cooking.
But I hate the cleaning after.
And I hate all the food prep. Buying all the necessary stuff, the peeling and cutting vegies, and that stuff.
I would love to hire a cleaning lady and kitchen maid just to help while I get the glory.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 12:43 pm
I love cooking. It's relaxing, calming - like therapy for me. Cleaning, I hate. I have to clean every little thing as I go otherwise I'm totally overwhelmed by my own mess and will just ignore it until the kitchen fairy deals with it. B"H DH is a pretty good kitchen fairy most nights.

cbs880

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 9:16 am
I didnt mind cooking until my kids got old enough to voice their displeasure at whatever it was that I made. And then the pickiness took over all sense of reason. One food is not allowed to touch another food on a plate. No onions, not even miniscule ones. I don't like green things. Or orange things. Can you call the school and ask them how they make their food, it's much better than yours....one kid likes sauce, another won't touch it with a ten foot pole. Basically I'm making separate plates for everyone...so annoying!
Took all the joy out of cooking. Can't wait till they are old enough to make their own food!!!!

Last edited by cbs880 on Tue, Dec 11 2018, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 9:29 am
im with you. I have a hired cook. I work and thats instead of my babysitting expense. it works for me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen