Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Free Chanukah gifts??
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:50 pm
I just had a very long work day and coming back to see all the heart warming messages is making me tear up. Thank you Thank you from the bottom of my heart. And to the ones suggesting we make memories, go to Chabad candle lighting, play family games. We’ve been doing it every year and of course it’s the time we cherish and love most but at the end of the day I want to hand my kids perfect wrapped gifts and make their faces glow. They sit over these Toys4U, Toys2discover, Kmart etc toy sale, I watch them carefully circling “everything” they want for a Chanukah gift and bite my tongue hard so they shouldn’t see me cry. I’m am honestly so grateful to the wonderful imamother sisterhood! Hug I will PM with mailing address.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 9:18 pm
OP, your children are lucky. You know how to reach out.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 10:18 pm
amother wrote:
Is there a place I can sign up to get free Chanukah gifts for my kids? Ages 3 and 6 both girls. We’re living paycheck to paycheck and can barely afford extras. Every year Chanukah is very difficult as all their cousins come and show off or talk about the amazing gifts they received... it breaks my heart that we’re not in a place to give that to them. I would love for them to get at least one thing if anyone knows if something like this exists please let me know. Thank you

Take them on the train to visit something.
I remember, when my kids were little we spent tine in a toy store ... american girl place
Or theres shows. Or.... present can mean anything.
Good luck!

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 10:40 pm
I'm all for experiences over things, handmade from the heart, quality time, etc etc. But in this day and age when kids are surrounded by "haves," nobody should have to NEVER have the experience of receiving a gift. It doesn't need to be fancy, expensive, or every night of Chanukah, but a kid should get to receive a tangible treat once in a while. Once you've given them that one toy, so they don't NEVER receive anything, then you can fill in the rest of the fun times with intangibles or cost-free gestures.

Just my personal child development philosophy, you're welcome to disagree, just saying that I don't think suggestions of how to not give gifts is really answering OP's concern.

But I also avoid the advertising booklets as much as possible!

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:16 am
amother wrote:
I just had a very long work day and coming back to see all the heart warming messages is making me tear up. Thank you Thank you from the bottom of my heart. And to the ones suggesting we make memories, go to Chabad candle lighting, play family games. We’ve been doing it every year and of course it’s the time we cherish and love most but at the end of the day I want to hand my kids perfect wrapped gifts and make their faces glow. They sit over these Toys4U, Toys2discover, Kmart etc toy sale, I watch them carefully circling “everything” they want for a Chanukah gift and bite my tongue hard so they shouldn’t see me cry. I’m am honestly so grateful to the wonderful imamother sisterhood! Hug I will PM with mailing address.

pm yael for my sn, thank you

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:54 am
threads like this make me cry. amothers you are amazing!!! how is mashiach not here yet with so much love and kindheartedness among us?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:37 am
What type of gifts do your kids want?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 8:27 am
Jewish Family Services has a great program where parents or kids can fill out a wish list, and then donors will fill the list and wrap everything up for delivery. It's all done in a way that no one gets embarrassed.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 9:11 am
What Jewish Family Services, where? That is beautiful.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:02 pm
Thanks again to each and everyone one of you, for replying/advice/brochos and gift offers.
Yael has my address if you can please PM her and she will fwd it to you.
I hope I can repay you all someday!

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:03 pm
amother wrote:
What type of gifts do your kids want?

Anything will make them happy! Dolls/doll clothes/games/puzzles..
Thank you!

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:04 pm
A_Mother_First wrote:
Where do you live? If you are not far from me, I will be happy to get them a gift or two.

Feel free to PM if you do not want to disclose your location publicly.

I give you a Bracha that soon bh your situation will improve.

Yael has my address, thanks for the bracha!

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:05 pm
cnc wrote:
Please PM me.

I’m sorry I’m just so embarrassed to PM people with my SN so I gave Yael my address. If you can please pm her. Thank you!

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:06 pm
seeker wrote:
Where do you live, both amothers? You can pm if you want. My kids have been very "gifted" lately and it would be perfect to have someone to share with. Close ages too.

You are extremely kind! Thank you! Please PM Yael she has my mailing address. Thanks!

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:08 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Can I please send you some gifts for your kids? Buying toys is an addiction of mine. Especially when I see all the amazing sales now. Please let me!

I’m so taken over by everyones kind heart. Can you please pm Yael for my address? Thanks again!

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:08 pm
amother wrote:
I would love to send something. can I? Smile

Thank you! Yael has my address

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:09 pm
amother wrote:
This post made me cry. We are in a similar situation as DH recently lost his job and we can't even pay bills right now. I know my kids will miss out this Chanukah but I don't know where to turn.

I hope you get stuff for your children. Your brave for reaching out. Happy Chanukah.

I hope next year this time we can both give back in abundance! I wish you only the best! Hug

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:11 pm
amother wrote:
OP, your children are lucky. You know how to reach out.

Thanks but I’m not always this brave, it’s just every year the same thing I figured I must do what I can and put my embarrassment aside Can't Believe It

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:22 pm
amother wrote:
I hope next year this time we can both give back in abundance! I wish you only the best! Hug

Amein. May there be many years to pay it back and pay it forward. Happy Chanukah to you and your family!

This is a beautiful thread.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:25 pm
amother wrote:
I’m so taken over by everyones kind heart. Can you please pm Yael for my address? Thanks again!

Will do that! What genders are your kids and what do they like?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics