Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Admit to it!
1  2  Next

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 12:51 pm
If when you go to the bathroom you throw your tichel off for those precious few minutes of isolated comfort Twisted Evil

I love having my hair open and that’s the only time I get to keep it uncovered (except when locked in my bedroom)

Rappel

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 12:57 pm
I walk around my house with my hair uncovered...I only cover it for learning Torah, tefillah, or if I'm going to leave the door open.

simba

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:09 pm
Nope. Too lazy!

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:09 pm
OP, if you are home alone or just with a little baby, wouldnt you uncover your hair?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:33 pm
I’m obviously asking from women who would not uncover their hair at home even if alone.

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:34 pm
Why wouldn’t you uncover your hair if you’re all alone?

ahuva06

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:35 pm
For the first year or so of marriage I never covered my hair in the house but eventually I got used to it and now it feels weird not to. I don't really mind having my hair covered all the time..

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:42 pm
Yes, I for sure do that. Also, as soon as my kids are asleep the snood comes off. I consider myself yishivish, but too bad y'all, I gotta breathe!

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:58 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, I for sure do that. Also, as soon as my kids are asleep the snood comes off. I consider myself yishivish, but too bad y'all, I gotta breathe!

Yeah me too. Yeshivish but I let my hair out at home a lot. Might not be ideal but its definitely not a halalchic problem and I need it. Plus my hubby likes it too.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:24 pm
In the bedroom I uncover, except this year's kabalah was to put my tichel back on to say Asher Yatzar etc. I also learn parsha before I go to sleep so I try to keep it on for that.

But if I go to the bathroom, oh yeah. Unless I'm wearing a wrap, sometimes I don't feel like re-doing it, but sometimes, yeah, I do feel like letting my head breathe!

(Today after drinking my hot drink I was so hot I took off my socks too! With the fan on! But that may be my age : )

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:29 pm
I honestly don’t mind having a snood on. I don’t find it uncomfortable. My sheitel might come right off at home, but then I put on a snood and I’m fine.

My hair is covered in my home, except when I’m going to bed or just getting up.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:34 pm
amother wrote:
I’m obviously asking from women who would not uncover their hair at home even if alone.

I never uncover. Not even in bed. I uncover to brush my hair or when I shower. Hi

ectomorph

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:35 pm
I only uncover to shower.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:36 pm
I take it off when I'm ready for bed or to weigh myself. Otherwise I feel comfy in mine, even to exercise.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:
If when you go to the bathroom you throw your tichel off for those precious few minutes of isolated comfort Twisted Evil

I love having my hair open and that’s the only time I get to keep it uncovered (except when locked in my bedroom)

Never. Not to use the bathroom. (I’ll walk around upstairs with my hair uncovered - DH would rather I didn’t especially because my oldest are preteens but he is too nice to really say it. I try)

Metukah

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 3:03 pm
I never take off my head covering. If it slips off at night, I won't necessarily put it back on but it's usually covered.

If you saw my hair you'd understand ;-)

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 4:08 pm
Only uncover to shower but I don't don't find a tichel to be all that uncomfortable. Once after a looooong night up with the baby, I left the shower wearing only a band and it was only 10 mins later that I realized Can't Believe It

Sleepymama

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 4:17 pm
Wow. Im so impressed. I thought most people were like me, I pull it off the second I get in the house, only cover if someone comes to the door.

DVOM

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 4:44 pm
I only cover when I'm outside of the house, or if a non family member comes in the house.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 12:26 pm
amother wrote:

Never heard of this, just in the bathroom????
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics