Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Kolos

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 8:42 pm
Looking for information about Kolos. Does anyway know the dates for this year? The cost?

What type of girls go? OOT? Mostly Lakewood girls? Is it jappy? Is it cliquey? Are they strict with rules? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Also, any idea how to get an application? Do they fill up quickly?

Sorry for so many questions. We are OOT and my daughters friend wants to go and wants my DD to go with her. I just want to make sure its a good fit for us.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 7:46 am
Bumping this up? No one sends to Kolos?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 8:01 am
My daughter goes. Not really OOT, although we are OOT'rs. You can ask for your dd to be placed in an OOT bunk.
It is a bit cliquey, and somewhat jappy, but the activities and sports are great and my dd loves it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 10:17 am
Thanks so much for responding. Do they really have an official out of town bunk? Are they accommodating if you ask to be placed there? Do you know how to get an application, what the dates are for this summer and what the approx costs are? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 1:27 pm
Hi. I live OOT and my daughter goes to Kolos. She loves it and has made great friends. To answer your questions:

1. Dates this year are July 2-July 29
2. Cost for girls entering grades 8-10 is $2,475. Entering 11th grade is $2,150. Does not include transportation.
3. E-mail campkolos@gmail.com for an application or to get in touch with the staff. They are very responsive.
4. They do fill up quickly, so I would request the application ASAP.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 4:22 pm
Who from Camp Shira is there, and in what capacity?

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 10:18 am
Bump

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 11:35 am
Mrs Selengut is there , I think owner / director . You can also email them to ask , campkolos@gmail.com

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 9:50 pm
Dd went there. She loved it. We are OOT but she made tons of friends from all over. There are very good yeshivish solid girls.

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 9:51 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
Dd went there. She loved it. We are OOT but she made tons of friends from all over. There are very good yeshivish solid girls.

Thank you is it only first half?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 10:44 pm
Yes

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 10:45 pm
This year I think june 22-july 18.

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 4:30 pm
Can anyone tell more info? What type of girls? What type of camp?

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 6:00 pm
We’ve already been waitlisted there for this summer ..

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 6:48 pm
Amazing camp! Lots of spunk and spirit! Full filled! Great songs! My daughter is counting the minutes to going back! Pretty yeshivish, but not like camp bais yaakov or tubby ( which are great camps too) Frum tzinus girls. They do lounge in slinky skirts. Girls coming from BYA mesilas, Brooklyn schools, plenty from lakewood, and she definitely made friends from out of town Philadelphia, etc. Maybe similar girls to camp malka, tehilla, bnos.

Mevakesh

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 3:39 pm
Who owns/runs Camp Kolos?

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 3:49 pm
Mevakesh wrote:
Who owns/runs Camp Kolos?

Mrs. Nechama Green
She was the married head counselor of camp shira and she bright a lot of Shira’s staff with her after they closed down
She’s amazing and super capable

Mevakesh

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 3:55 pm
Thank you! What about the Mrs. Selengut mentioned above? Do you know who that is, if she's still there?

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 4:08 pm
Mevakesh wrote:
Thank you! What about the Mrs. Selengut mentioned above? Do you know who that is, if she's still there?

Mrs faige Selengut was one of the main people who ran camp shira, also, amazing lady. I didn’t know she was there. I heard her daughter, Mrs. Chana Baila Lieberman is one of the main people in kolos
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps