Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Classic or trendy baby gifts
1  2  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Dec 01 2018, 11:23 pm
Hi all.
I am very laid back when it comes to some things such as fashion. I wear comfy clothing, often wear no makeup and a tichel, wear sneakers and dress my kids in cute comfy clothing. Not at all trendy.
However I live in a neighborhood where the women dress their kids very trendily. (Everyone's babies are wearing ribbed sets, Pom Pom hats and those plush skunk-looking blankets.)
I want to give baby gifts (a few neighbors are expecting) but have no idea what to get. I would appreciate anything returnable from Gap target or Nordstrom but I have a feeling that might not be appreciated. I want to spend $20-30. Any ideas?

dankbar

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 12:11 am
A blanket. A velour stretchie. A gift certificate to a store. A pacifier clip. A toy like a crib mobile. Jumper. Play Gym. A nice pajama. Some deco for baby room. A perfume for mom or baby. Playmat. Stroller toy or gym. Little baby shoe. Baby bracelet.

cm

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 12:22 am
How about a few board books and a small toy? New babies often receive a lot of clothes, but for some reason not so many books.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 1:16 pm
Thanks for the ideas!

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 1:28 pm
New amother here. Any ideas for a $15 gift for a baby that is BH already 6 months old? (I'm behind in 3 gifts).

DrMom

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 1:29 pm
What are skunk blankets?

mommish613

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 1:29 pm
amother wrote:
New amother here. Any ideas for a $15 gift for a baby that is BH already 6 months old? (I'm behind in 3 gifts).

A Melissa and Doug puzzle

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 1:32 pm
DrMom wrote:
What are skunk blankets?

Rolling Laughter

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 2:19 pm
Now style is black & white so all trendy babies are in black & white furry blankets

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 2:21 pm
Six month old buy something for spring maybe in bigger size or sweater/jacket for spring

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 2:22 pm
Or lil shoes for spring

NovelConcept

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 2:34 pm
DrMom wrote:
What are skunk blankets?

I assume these are those black blankets with long tufts of white fur sticking out at intervals.
So, so ugly.
I literally stopped in my tracks and stared one of those hideous creations the first time I saw it.
What in the world are people thinking?
I understand that people are now trying to be "original" and think "out of the box" but bizarre is not the way to do it. Have personality while expressing it with beauty... Not with skunk blankets.

gande

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 6:19 pm
Cute pom pom hat/ headbandor pacifier clip or baby toy

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:09 pm
what about a swaddle sack like the halo sleepsack? We got one as a gift and it was a lifesaver for us. We had given up on swaddling after we couldn't do it with the hospital blankets. They're about 20$. Even if they already have one you can always use a spare for washing.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:44 pm
mommish613 wrote:
A Melissa and Doug puzzle

I don't recommend Melissa and Doug. The wooden toys OFTEN have splintery edges that have not been properly sanded down.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:46 pm
NovelConcept wrote:
I assume these are those black blankets with long tufts of white fur sticking out at intervals.
So, so ugly.
I literally stopped in my tracks and stared one of those hideous creations the first time I saw it.
What in the world are people thinking?
I understand that people are now trying to be "original" and think "out of the box" but bizarre is not the way to do it. Have personality while expressing it with beauty... Not with skunk blankets.

Oh, I don't know...I'm sure mama skunks find them beautiful. (BTW I have no idea what you're talking about but I can picture it from your description.)

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:51 pm
amother wrote:
Hi all.
I am very laid back when it comes to some things such as fashion. I wear comfy clothing, often wear no makeup and a tichel, wear sneakers and dress my kids in cute comfy clothing. Not at all trendy.
However I live in a neighborhood where the women dress their kids very trendily. (Everyone's babies are wearing ribbed sets, Pom Pom hats and those plush skunk-looking blankets.)
I want to give baby gifts (a few neighbors are expecting) but have no idea what to get. I would appreciate anything returnable from Gap target or Nordstrom but I have a feeling that might not be appreciated. I want to spend $20-30. Any ideas?

One of my favourite gifts was a small selection of books which the gifter loved reading to her kids (not her copies, new copies).

NovelConcept

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 11:48 pm
zaq wrote:
Oh, I don't know...I'm sure mama skunks find them beautiful. (BTW I have no idea what you're talking about but I can picture it from your description.)

Haha!

Here's somewhat a similar faux fur fabric, though this one isn't that bad. Imagine the white more widely spaced, like long, scary furry fingers coming out of the smooth black background.

Looking for a better pic, but this one looks rather decent. I can't shake the image of that yucky one I saw...

https://www.fabric.com/buy/045.....ewter

Last edited by NovelConcept on Mon, Dec 03 2018, 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

NovelConcept

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 11:52 pm
Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Lucky-L.....anket

Can someone PLEASE explain?
Personally, I think a baby would be scared of such a thing...

mommy12

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 12:02 am
My mom said one of the best presents she got when my brother was born was a huge box of diapers. She had enough clothing already and this was so practical.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics