Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Bklyn non-vax families what are u doing re: mmr and school
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 7:57 pm
I hear non-vax kids are not allowed back in school until the breakout is over. I heard that in monsey when they said the same thing some parents united and fought that it was illegal to do that and it got overturned and only upheld in schools with a confirmed case. Is anyone doing this in brooklyn?

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:08 pm
Do you think it has anything to do with chanukah get togethers? Families got together and with people from neighborhoods with lots of cases. Keeping the kids out for the week this week could stop the spread right away

Sebastian

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:10 pm
The city is enforcing this not the schools. You like your measles you can keep your measles. What did non vaxers think would happen when they stopped vaxing

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:11 pm
Sebastian wrote:
The city is enforcing this not the schools. You like your measles you can keep your measles. What did non vaxers think would happen when they stopped vaxing
I understand it's the city and not the schools, my understanding is that this is an example of government over-reach and is actually illegal. At least this is what was decided in rockland county when they tried this.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:13 pm
Go and fight city hall then. Have fun. NYC isn't run by frum Jews the way monsey is.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:16 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Go and fight city hall then. Have fun. NYC isn't run by frum Jews the way monsey is.
None of this is fun. I hope you never have to face the health issues my kids live with.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:19 pm
Amen.
It is definitely not fun for little babies to be in ICU with measles either.
If your kids have health issues you probably want the outbreak to end no? This will help end it.

cnc

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 9:06 pm
amother wrote:
None of this is fun. I hope you never have to face the health issues my kids live with.

If that's the case then aren't you happy that this is being enforced??
This is specifically to protect people like you.
What Scratching Head

nchr

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 9:44 pm
amother wrote:
I hear non-vax kids are not allowed back in school until the breakout is over. I heard that in monsey when they said the same thing some parents united and fought that it was illegal to do that and it got overturned and only upheld in schools with a confirmed case. Is anyone doing this in brooklyn?

Just to clarify, Rockland county never tried to enforce what is being enforced in Brooklyn (and Lakewood I believe) Monsey had 21 days if there was a child who had measles in a particular school (so kids could return after 21 days) and then all schools with less than an 80% vaccination rate for an indefinite amount of time. It is still in full force and no attorney had that overturned not to mention that a private school is allowed to deny entrance as they please. You can either home school your children until the outbreak or rule is over or vaccinate them.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 9:52 pm
nchr wrote:
Just to clarify, Rockland county never tried to enforce what is being enforced in Brooklyn (and Lakewood I believe) Monsey had 21 days if there was a child who had measles in a particular school (so kids could return after 21 days) and then all schools with less than an 80% vaccination rate for an indefinite amount of time. It is still in full force and no attorney had that overturned not to mention that a private school is allowed to deny entrance as they please. You can either home school your children until the outbreak or rule is over or vaccinate them.
At one point they were going keep out all unvaccinated children from school regardless if there was a confirmed case or not, and then that changed.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 9:53 pm
cnc wrote:
If that's the case then aren't you happy that this is being enforced??
This is specifically to protect people like you.
What Scratching Head
Believe it or not, sometimes measles really is the lesser of the two evils.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:04 pm
Op, this is not the forum for discussing these issues. Do you have a child that is not allowed back in school?
There are other resources aside from imamother that you can get the support you need for your child.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
Op, this is not the forum for discussing these issues. Do you have a child that is not allowed back in school?
There are other resources aside from imamother that you can get the support you need for your child.
Can you point me to those resources?

Sebastian

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:16 pm
amother wrote:
Believe it or not, sometimes measles really is the lesser of the two evils.

so find a family with measles, bring your kid over. Let your kid have the measles and a few days later when s/he is no longer contagious they'll go back to school.

That's another solution.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:23 pm
Sebastian wrote:
so find a family with measles, bring your kid over. Let your kid have the measles and a few days later when s/he is no longer contagious they'll go back to school.

That's another solution.

Many nonvaxxers have done this. They exposed their kids and then quarantined themselves and their children for 3 weeks. Once they were over the measles, they sent their kids back to school.

cnc

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:24 pm
amother wrote:
Many nonvaxxers have done this. They exposed their kids and then quarantined themselves and their children for 3 weeks. Once they were over the measles, they sent their kids back to school.

Non vaxxers that don’t vax due to health issues?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:25 pm
amother wrote:
Can you point me to those resources?

Contact enrichedparenting.com
They provide a lot of information on how to raise your children in a healthy way. I'm sure there are people who affiliate themselves with them who also don't vax.
They can probably direct you further.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:27 pm
I am really surprised people did this knowing that measles has potentially very serious permanent side effects.
Id rather homeschool. And keep my children out of harms way until the outbreak ends.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:27 pm
cnc wrote:
Non vaxxers that don’t vax due to health issues?

Yes.
People who's children have had severe allergic reactions to the other ingredients in vaccines, have chosen to expose their kids to the illness, rather than risk them losing brain function or having life long chronic illness.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:29 pm
amother wrote:
I am really surprised people did this knowing that measles has potentially very serious permanent side effects.

These people are extremely well educated and made decisions based on what they felt was best for their children. Their children now have lifelong immunity and are no longer a threat to those around them. As far as I've heard, there were no serious permanent side effects.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics