Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Kate or Megan??
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Who do you like?
Kate Middleton  
 84%  [ 185 ]
Megan Markle  
 15%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 220

moonstone

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 8:51 am
I think they're both useless, but then I'm very anti-monarchy and think all royal families are silly and unnecessary in this day and age. I think I've said here before that I believe all castles should be turned into museums and all royals should hereafter be "regular" people who have to work for a living.

werty

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 9:06 am
I must agree with the above

tweety1

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 9:13 am
Kate has a class that Megan simply doesn't have. If you got it, you've got it, and if you don't you just wont get it. And it's not only in her dresscode, it's her class across the board.

Fox

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 9:41 am
I'm always curious why people bother to reply that they don't care about XY or Z. If you don't care or don't have an opinion, why take the time to reply?

Personally, I think Britain reaps a net profit from the royal family. They keep the UK in the news, usually in a pareve-but-positive way (at least compared to Brexit, Theresa May, and the Labour Party).

A lot of the money spent by the royal family comes from the Queen's personal holdings. Even if the monarchy were abolished tomorrow, it is unlikely she would be stripped of those assets. Instead, National Heritage would be unilaterally footing all the bills to maintain historic buildings like Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle. Brits would still be paying, but without getting in return the publicity that boosts tourism and keeps the country in the public eye.

Northwestern University Twitter has gone completely silent on Meghan, which probably means that NU alums in the entertainment industry are being politely or not-so-politely pressured not to discuss her.

Btw, if you think kashrus agencies use mafia tactics to force people to fall in line, you haven't seen the power of NU alums in Hollywood. People complain about the Velvet Mafia (Geffen, et. al.), but the Purple Mafia is bigger and arguably more powerful. 67 percent of all TV/film entertainment created in the U.S. involves at least one NU alum. From the 20 kids in my required Intro to Public Speaking class back in 1980, one of my classmates became a film producer (including the Lord of Rings movies); two are TV producers; two are TV/film writers; and one is a pretty powerful agent.

My kids claim it's like a cult and say that Evanston gives them the creeps. LOL

From what was being discussed before Twitter silence was imposed, it appears that the good Duchess has some skeletons in her closet and that the person who "recommended" her to Harry was not intending that he marry her.

All that said, she wouldn't be the first lady with a past to engage in successful hypergamy, and she certainly won't be the last. But it's a tough row to hoe, given the British press. I wish her the best.

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 9:48 am
Fox wrote:
I'm always curious why people bother to reply that they don't care about XY or Z. If you don't care or don't have an opinion, why take the time to reply?

They are virtue signaling.

sequoia

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 9:50 am
I’m team Meghan.

Don’t really like Kate.

Fox

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 9:56 am
Squishy wrote:
They are virtue signaling.

Lol! Must be something about the royal family that brings it out.

I never feel compelled to say "I don't care" on Mirena birth control threads or toilet training threads. Actually, I should be barred from toilet training threads. Not only do I have no good advice, whatever advice I might have is probably wrong. It's a pretty open miracle that my kids ever got toilet trained at all. Smile

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:10 am
I don't know both but I definitely love following Meghan. Her face is always shining. I wonder if its on the outside or she really feels that legit newlywed happiness.

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:12 am
Fox wrote:
Lol! Must be something about the royal family that brings it out.

I never feel compelled to say "I don't care" on Mirena birth control threads or toilet training threads. Actually, I should be barred from toilet training threads. Not only do I have no good advice, whatever advice I might have is probably wrong. It's a pretty open miracle that my kids ever got toilet trained at all. Smile

It's not just on the royal family thead. Currently, the are a couple of other threads where posters feel compelled to put other posters down for answering those threads. One such thread was the Mayim Bialik thead. The same post about how small minded the participants are appeared in another thead.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:21 am
Lol fox. I honestly don't care but then I saw u posted and I am required to read all your posts by law

Rappel

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:44 am
I voted Kate, but really, it's just because she has children already. I'm sure my vote would be tied if this poll were posted several months hence.

(Not a Brit, nor a real fan of the royals, but I'm a sucker for children.)

gingertop

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:48 am
Rappel wrote:
I voted Kate, but really, it's just because she has children already. I'm sure my vote would be tied if this poll were posted several months hence.

(Not a Brit, nor a real fan of the royals, but I'm a sucker for children.)

Off topic but I love your new avatar!

Amarante

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:51 am
I am not a particular royal follower except that if one follows any kind of news, it's fairly inescapable.

I would have to say I am shocked that people are defending her father - the one who sold staged photos to the paparazzi and was completely indiscreet in terms of interviews about his daughter who has actually said nothing about him. His latest was an interview speculating about her and sharing personal letters from her.

How in the world would someone expect from her except to discreetly ignore him. She seems to get on famously with her mother who has not sought to exploit the relationship in any way.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/12......html

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 11:04 am
Amarante wrote:
I am not a particular royal follower except that if one follows any kind of news, it's fairly inescapable.

I would have to say I am shocked that people are defending her father - the one who sold staged photos to the paparazzi and was completely indiscreet in terms of interviews about his daughter who has actually said nothing about him. His latest was an interview speculating about her and sharing personal letters from her.

How in the world would someone expect from her except to discreetly ignore him. She seems to get on famously with her mother who has not sought to exploit the relationship in any way.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/12......html

Not to mention the revolving door of him coming to the wedding or not. And his increasingly salacious comments on her.

moonstone

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 11:07 am
I was surprised that he provided proof that he really did suffer 2 heart attacks and that was why he couldn't come to the wedding. I honestly thought he was too embarrassed by his behavior to come, and made up the heart attack.

smile

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 11:15 am
For me it's Kate too.
The reason for being what they represent.

Meghan tries to be the girl next door, like she is not different then the rest of us. She dressed and acts this way, which is perfectly fine.
But for me I feel royal should be in a different league then others and dress and behave accordingly. And Kate does this for me.

nomismommy

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 11:20 am
I prefer Kate. She worked hard to get where she is, she is classy and looks like a royal. Meanwhile Meghan is that type of person who would walk over dead bodies to get what she wants. She married for money and fame, she's fake and narcissistic. Kate waited for years to get a proposal, Meghan got married a bit more than a year after they met. She doesn't care about the royal traditions.. she wears aweful looking clothes and shoes off her baby bump as if she won the lottery.
I feel bad for Kate.. she deserved a better SIL!

glamourmom

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 11:23 am
I voted Megan cuz of her role as Rachel on Suits. love her!!

I'm not a royal follower so yea.

ally

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 11:46 am
moonstone wrote:
I was surprised that he provided proof that he really did suffer 2 heart attacks and that was why he couldn't come to the wedding. I honestly thought he was too embarrassed by his behavior to come, and made up the heart attack.

Pretty sure The Firm did not allow him to come to the wedding. The royal family may have relaxed a little... but there is a limit.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 12:04 pm
gingertop wrote:
Off topic but I love your new avatar!

Me too. So cool.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics