Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Looking for movers- Lakewood

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 2:25 pm
Hi, the title says it all. Its gonna be in the same neighborhood but theres no way we can do it ourselves. Any recommendations? Also, do any of these help you pack? Thanks

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 2:48 pm
When I moved last year, someone told me there's a "gmach" of ladies who will come and pack up your kitchen. I did not use them and don't remember who it is. But posting in case someone else knows....

For my kitchen stuff, I actually found it easiest to do that part myself. I got these huge sturdy rubber containers from a gmach (I think it was a Leah Safer in Jackson?) and I loaded them with my dishes, and then drove to my house and unpacked them, then went back with the empty containers. I did this at times when I knew I was going to the house anyway for something - took a load with me. Nothing broke B"H - did this for all my china, pictures and picture frames, and anything breakable. It was great because my kitchen was pretty ready that way, and unpacked, soon after we moved.

I have mixed feelings about my movers. On the one hand they got the job done and were fast and efficient. But they drove the moving truck right onto my front lawn, and to this day there's a deep groove from the heavy truck in my lawn that I am not happy about. It was after a rain and the ground was soft, and now my front lawn is not perfectly smooth like it was. They also defaced an area of my breakfront - the wood finish came off where it got bashed. Not so noticeable but....

Emotional

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 2:52 pm
Most people need movers regardless... to disassemble and reassemble the furniture, carry heavy boxes, etc

happy2bhere

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 4:40 pm
Mbd movers

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:38 pm
bumping this up. Any info for movers who can help with packing would be greatly appreciated

rikki 1

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 8:52 pm
I don't know about packing for you but I just used Lakewood Movers last week and was very impressed with them. Fast efficient and smooth!

bargainlover

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 9:21 pm
We were very happy with Midstate. Didn’t damage anything. Even came back for a very minimal fee to move a piece of furniture I wanted in a different room(my mistake I thought it would look good there)

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 9:36 pm
Thanks! I'll look into them both

mfhr

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 9:38 pm
Shulgasser bros pack for u

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 9:57 pm
mfhr wrote:
Shulgasser bros pack for u

Where are they located?