Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ideas for vacation with young kids

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 8:03 pm
I'm looking for ideas for an overnight mid winter vacation with 5 and 3 year old boys. I'm located in lakewood but I'm willing to travel. Any ideas?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 8:03 pm
Great Wolf lodge is a good option.

elisheva25

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 6:03 am
Kalahari

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 6:08 am
Any indoor waterpark resort.
New Hampshire.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 6:14 am
I don’t mean to detract but I have a question about indoor waterpark. We’re RW MO but my husband is concerned about going to these places (women in bathing suits etc) I’m nlt concerned since I’ll be covered up but For the people who go and whose husbands are machmir with this, do your husbands stay home? Do they stay in the room/lobby/etc?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 6:19 am
We've gone to Boston, Mass in the winter.

My kids love the BostonChildrens Museum and the New England Aquarium. But we have family in Massachusetts , so we would visit family too when on vacation in Boston.

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 6:19 am
Peak zman, we've been going to great world lodge for years. We only go there because they have an enforced rule that all adult women have to be properly covered up. Of all times we where there we maybe saw 1-2 girls in a bikini and they where asked to cover up. Anyone dressed provocatively is asked to change. Most moms wear swim dresses or a tshirt with shorts.
Kalahari and camelback allows bikini's, I wouldn't take my family there. My sister was at Camelback and there where nebach so many frum and chassidish women in just a bathing suit, it's sad.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 6:37 am
I don’t mean to detract but I have a question about indoor waterpark. We’re RW MO but my husband is concerned about going to these places (women in bathing suits etc) I’m nlt concerned since I’ll be covered up but For the people who go and whose husbands are machmir with this, do your husbands stay home? Do they stay in the room/lobby/etc?

It's for this reason that we cant do any of the indoor water parks. My DH would never go and I'm not going alone with the kids.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 8:57 am
pesek zman wrote:

I’m assuming they just don’t go. I don’t care about these things so we do go. It’s my husbands job not to pay attention to the women. I wear a tznius bathing suit.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 9:42 am
pesek zman wrote:

My husband works and can’t really take off so it works out well that way. I team up with a friend or 2 and we have a pressureless fun overnight outing.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 9:45 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I’m assuming they just don’t go. I don’t care about these things so we do go. It’s my husbands job not to pay attention to the women. I wear a tznius bathing suit.

I hear that. I grew up going mixed swimming so can’t relate to my husband literally staying home (or staying in the room) when we go, though I appreciate his commitment to trying to follow these Halachos the way he sees fit

nchr

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 10:27 am
amother wrote:
Peak zman, we've been going to great world lodge for years. We only go there because they have an enforced rule that all adult women have to be properly covered up. Of all times we where there we maybe saw 1-2 girls in a bikini and they where asked to cover up. Anyone dressed provocatively is asked to change. Most moms wear swim dresses or a tshirt with shorts.
Kalahari and camelback allows bikini's, I wouldn't take my family there. My sister was at Camelback and there where nebach so many frum and chassidish women in just a bathing suit, it's sad.

You do know that there are poskim who believe that if dressed appropriately for the occasion, it is acceptable for a woman to wear a normal non-provacative, even in front of men. We don't hold that way, but there are those who do so not sure where the nebech comes in?

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 10:31 am
Nchr, I'm sure that in no way is it ok for a frum women to wear a bathing suit at a mixed waterpark or a beach. Its not a womens only park or pool.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 10:33 am
We also don’t do water parks. I wouldn’t take my boys or DH. And I was told that I cannot go in water with other men even if fully covered. So it was never an option for us.

I’d think to find a city with a good children museum and make that your base and then find other things to do in the area. (Philly, cherry hill, Wilmington de, crayola world, Baltimore ...)
Philly is nice because you can do ‘please touch’ one day and the aquarium the next. Mueseums in cherry hill and Wilmington are much cheaper.
We’ve also bundled up kids for outdoor activities but there isn’t much open then. (Until Jan 1 we often go to hershey and just dress really warm but if you mean Jan or feb it’s closed then)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics