Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Do you know any one year old girl twins?

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 6:22 pm
Hi I am trying to help a friend who has twin girls, and would love handyme downs from another set of twins. If you know of anyone in NY please send me a pm or please post here.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:00 pm
Not to be snarky, but your twice-blessed friend doesn’t need clothes from twin girls. She needs clothes for two girls and it shouldn’t make a difference if the donors are twins or singletons.You should change the title of your thread, because there are probably lots of people happy to give away girl baby clothes who won’t open the thread because they don’t know any one year old twin girls.

Please tell me your friend is being sensible and not insisting on dressing them alike. Not only is identical dressing not a good thing to do from a child rearing perspective, but it’s also a luxury your friend apparently can’t afford. I know what I’m talking about, having brought up B”H two sets of twins myself.

momsrus

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:
Not to be snarky, but your twice-blessed friend doesn’t need clothes from twin girls. She needs clothes for two girls and it shouldn’t make a difference if the donors are twins or singletons.You should change the title of your thread, because there are probably lots of people happy to give away girl baby clothes who won’t open the thread because they don’t know any one year old twin girls.

Please tell me your friend is being sensible and not insisting on dressing them alike. Not only is identical dressing not a good thing to do from a child rearing perspective, but it’s also a luxury your friend apparently can’t afford. I know what I’m talking about, having brought up B”H two sets of twins myself.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the dressing twin baby girls alike if you can find someone to get the clothing from. She asked about a one-year-old there is no child rearing perspective here

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:05 pm
What is wrong with dressing twins alike? It's a normal thing for mothers to want. It even makes more sense.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:07 pm
amother wrote:

On the flip side - there are people out there who do dress their twins the same and would be happy to see their matching outfits have a second life - as matching outfits...

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:15 pm
amother wrote:
What is wrong with dressing twins alike? It's a normal thing for mothers to want. It even makes more sense.

Oh why does it make more sense?

simba

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:

Non snarky version:
Maybe change your post title to “searching for baby girl hand me downs” so you have a better chance of getting clothing even if it isn’t matching, unless of course your friend insists on them matching.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:27 pm
amother wrote:

Why does it make any sense at all?

If the twins are identical, or similar in appearance, it makes them more difficult to tell apart.

It means that there have to be a lot more clothes, as there have to be two of everything. And each twin needs to be changed when her sister does, even if she's otherwise clean. If one kid needs 6 outfits, then 2 kids probably need 10; if matching is needed, then they need closer to 18 or 20.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:29 pm
Non matching hand me downs Im sure she can get or even has. Just trying to make her feel extra special if it works out. If not that is definitely what she will do take out her old girl stuff and start taking out the stains like she did for her other kids.

As Im typing this I am thinking of a different friend that had twin boys in Israel if someone else wants to volunteer for either one why not make someone extra happy (even its a luxury)

Last edited by amother on Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:39 pm
Nice of you for helping your friend. I hope you have some success!

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:47 pm
I have twin girls (age 3 months) and got a bag of hand-me-downs from someone whose twins are about a year now.
I didn't end up using it, and it's just sitting in my house.
HOWEVER, the person who gave it to me wants it all back once the babies outgrow it.
Let me know if you're still interested (located in Lakewood)

And for the mother of twins who says that they shouldn't be dressed matching, I dress my daughters matching in the morning, and if one needs to be changed in middle of the day, she gets changed into something from the "non matching pile" which is hand me downs from my older daughter. So they aren't always matching, but they usually are. Happy medium Smile
And they're not identical, I have no problem whatsoever telling them apart.
Their bibs, hats and blankets are almost never matching because I didn't really get any new ones - it's all from my older daughter.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:52 pm
There is nothing wrong with wanting to dress baby girls or baby boys alike.
And most ppl aren't so stupid as to change both kids if one gets dirty.
My kids ages 3 and 5 have most of their wardrobe the same. They get to choose their clothing and love being "twinies" most days. Other days they don't....

Amother sapphire, if you have raised two sets of twins you, more than anyone should know how challenging it can be. Dressing kids up cute and matching (for someone who finds that apealling) ads a tiny measure of joy. Let her be.

Goforit- my sil has twin boys. (Then a girl) I'll ask if she still has anything saved up.

I do remember she did give away one crib and one bassinet and one highchair and car seat after they outgrew it, she wasn't planning on having another setime of twins. lol.
A while ago she was looking for someone with twin boys to give away their clothes. Singletons are easier to find handmedowns than for twins.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:39 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
There is nothing wrong with wanting to dress baby girls or baby boys alike.
And most ppl aren't so stupid as to change both kids if one gets dirty.
My kids ages 3 and 5 have most of their wardrobe the same. They get to choose their clothing and love being "twinies" most days. Other days they don't....

Amother sapphire, if you have raised two sets of twins you, more than anyone should know how challenging it can be. Dressing kids up cute and matching (for someone who finds that apealling) ads a tiny measure of joy. Let her be.

Goforit- my sil has twin boys. (Then a girl) I'll ask if she still has anything saved up.

I do remember she did give away one crib and one bassinet and one highchair and car seat after they outgrew it, she wasn't planning on having another setime of twins. lol.
A while ago she was looking for someone with twin boys to give away their clothes. Singletons are easier to find handmedowns than for twins.

Thank you!

Please do keep me posted what your sil says.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:39 pm
I am the parent, Bh, of much older twins. I strongly advise getting advice from professional about parenting Twins. We were told first off, to never ever refer to them as “the twins”. We call them by name or say “the big girls”. Given our spacing everyone knows which kids I’m talking about.

I really think it’s important from day one for parents to let the kids know in every way possible that they see the kids as separate people, individuals. That means not doing things like dressing them the same. They will look back at their baby photos and nothing delights them more than seeing that from day one you treated them like her own person and not half of a unit or matched set.

Things are really hard for twins in ways other siblings don’t have. Sorry to hijack this thread but it’s really important to me - I would never have thought about it this way but am so glad a mom of older twins did when mine were born. I feel like it’s really paid off for our big girls.

agreer

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:49 pm
I like to dress my same-gender kids alike.

Why wouldn't I dress my same-age kids/twins (not that I have, but theoretically) alike?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 12:30 am
agreer wrote:
I like to dress my same-gender kids alike.

Why wouldn't I dress my same-age kids/twins (not that I have, but theoretically) alike?

Every day?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 7:44 am
amother wrote:
Every day?

Some people in some communities do. Even on a weekday, even after school just playing in the park.

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:02 am
goforit wrote:
Thank you!

Please do keep me posted what your sil says.

I'm sorry, they have already given it all away.
Good luck finding them double clothing.
You are a good friend.

As I already posted earlier, I like dressing my kids alike.
Ff, I don't change my kids when they go to the park. Or anywhere. Whatever they put on in the morning is what they wear until it's time for bed. School, playground, playdate or a visit do Bubby. They do change into crocs when we come home from the street/school and wear crocks or sneakers to the playground - outdoor play. But then when u buy those I also try to match. If not the same, similar or same color something. Wink
Nothing wrong. They know they aren't the same. They look different, act different, have different likes and dislikes.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:09 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Some people in some communities do. Even on a weekday, even after school just playing in the park.

I was like this. I had only two boys close in age. They were dressed alike from head to toe. My third boy is much younger then his brothers, but I did buy a few sets of three matching outfits and pajamas when he was born. At this point, all three of them have totally different wardrobes. Different stages of life.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more