Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Which Tiffany Pendants are in Style for Girls
1  2  3  Next

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 3:13 pm
Which Tiffany pendants are in style for preteens these days? It used to be the heart and then the round tag, but there are so many options now. Also, do girls engrave them? TIA.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 3:57 pm
PRETEENS with Tiffany?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 4:04 pm
In what circles do teenage girls wear Tiffany pendants? I've never heard of this before. I thought Tiffanys was for rich people.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 4:10 pm
amother wrote:
PRETEENS with Tiffany?

All my newborns wear Tiffany diamond-encrusted diapers.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 4:15 pm
Tiffany?? How basic. Personally I think the diamond necklace in simpson's window will look much better on a preteen.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 4:28 pm
I'm talking about the Sterling Silver "tag" style pendants (necklaces and bracelets) from Tiffany and not the more expensive pieces. It's comparable to Pandora, Swarovski and/or Jewish Store stuff. Looking to give it to two babysitters who have done a great job for me lately (one is 14 and one is 12). Any other ideas would be fine too.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 4:42 pm
amother wrote:
Tiffany?? How basic. Personally I think the diamond necklace in simpson's window will look much better on a preteen.

I give Simpson’s necklaces to my DDs when they start kindergarten. Doesn’t everyone?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 4:43 pm
amother wrote:
I'm talking about the Sterling Silver "tag" style pendants (necklaces and bracelets) from Tiffany and not the more expensive pieces. It's comparable to Pandora, Swarovski and/or Jewish Store stuff. Looking to give it to two babysitters who have done a great job for me lately (one is 14 and one is 12). Any other ideas would be fine too.

You might be better off giving them an Amazon voucher so they can purchase what they want. Not all girls like Jewelry. Someone gave my DD a Swarovski product two years ago that she has never worn.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 4:46 pm
amother wrote:

That's very sweet of you. Would these girls be familiar with Tiffany ? I received a beautiful gold ring with two colored stones, from someone I used to babysit at and I have it 25 years later and still wear it sometimes.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:40 pm
amother wrote:

Honestly it isn't comparable to Pandora or Swarovski. Pandora is sold at Walmart. I just saw one for under $35 and for under $10, you can get Swarovski charms at Joanne's Fabric.

Tiffany charms are around $200.

FTR, florescent is their current theme. You can't go wrong with the blue enamel color splash like this one:

https://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/.....os=11

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:39 pm
Depending on the circumstances it's not an outrageous gift. As others have posted, there are moderately priced silver jewelry items. They have silver key chains which were my go-to present for nicer gifts for awhile because people thought they were much more money. Someone gifted me with the Elsa Peretti pen years and years ago which I still have - which reminds me I need to find it and get an ink refill :-).

Have you considered the keys? They come in a variety of styles and range in price. By keys I mean the key pendants.

IME, the jewelry is pretty classic - the heart - by tag do you mean the Return to Tiffany necklace. It's the kind of thing a girl will have for the rest of her life and then can pass on to her daughter.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:41 pm
Where are you located? I know someone that sells things from her house- gorgeous stuff and affordable

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:48 pm
Why would you all dissuade OP from getting a nice gift for her babysitters? They obviously work hard and would appreciate a gift. Someone else’s generosity shouldn’t bother anyone.

I would get a classic piece for them, such as a key or heart tag, but give the gift receipt as well. I wouldn’t engrave in case they want to exchange.

https://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/.....pos=6

https://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/.....os=85

https://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/.....pos=3

watergirl

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:51 pm
amother wrote:
Honestly it isn't comparable to Pandora or Swarovski. Pandora is sold at Walmart. I just saw one for under $35 and for under $10, you can get Swarovski charms at Joanne's Fabric.

Tiffany charms are around $200.

FTR, florescent is their current theme. You can't go wrong with the blue enamel color splash like this one:

https://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/.....os=11

I got that Tiffany heart necklace (the one that was brought to the masses when Legally Blonde was current) 13 years ago and it was $250 then! I agree, not at all comprable to Pandora which is way less.

OP, a gift card to Amazon is a good idea. Why would a young girl appreciate such an expensive gift? I would be afraid of her losing it!

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:56 pm
I would get the kids the latest rather than those that have been around decades.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:01 pm
I dont think OP is necessarily talking about expensive tiffany brand pieces, but that style and look that is very much in style for teens. I also recently purchased two necklaces, both silver for my 16 year oldbabysitters. I went to a local store (it's all a gift in brooklyn) and told her the age and price range (~50 each) and she was able to show me what ppl are asking for.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:08 pm
By Tiffany's I am assuming the OP meant authentic Tiffany silver jewelry which is a classic gift. And knockoffs are not the same thing. A gift of Tiffanys in the distinctive blue box is a "forever" gift - a "Tiffany" style knockoff is just a piece of fashion jewelry.

If you want to get a piece of fashion jewelry, I wouldn't buy a knockoff. Depending on one's budget, there are better gifts because fashion jewelry is meant to be disposable.

FWIW, I was given the hollow heart as a teenager and I gave it to my daughter who wears it. It's in the same category as the heart locket my Bubbe gave me when I was a little girl which I still have and will give to my first granddaughter.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:26 pm
Amarante wrote:
Depending on the circumstances it's not an outrageous gift. As others have posted, there are moderately priced silver jewelry items. They have silver key chains which were my go-to present for nicer gifts for awhile because people thought they were much more money. Someone gifted me with the Elsa Peretti pen years and years ago which I still have - which reminds me I need to find it and get an ink refill :-).

Have you considered the keys? They come in a variety of styles and range in price. By keys I mean the key pendants.

IME, the jewelry is pretty classic - the heart - by tag do you mean the Return to Tiffany necklace. It's the kind of thing a girl will have for the rest of her life and then can pass on to her daughter.

Yes, I was gifted a heart similar to the Return to Tiffany, which I still have today. I'll look at the key pendants. Thank you! And yes, I'm looking for a forever gift to express my appreciation.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:41 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, I was gifted a heart similar to the Return to Tiffany, which I still have today. I'll look at the key pendants. Thank you! And yes, I'm looking for a forever gift to express my appreciation.

If you are going to buy the older pieces, you can get great discounts buying them used. The newer ones are not discounted.

I opened a Tiffany blue box today with the ribbon on it. The piece is currently selling for $450. DH got it for $150. He also bought me a Tiffany ring today. It was less than half the amount Tiffany is selling it for.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:49 pm
I must be old, or maybe I have crawled out from under a rock. I have never heard of Tiffany tag necklaces, and I must say to my untrained eye they are plain old ugly!
A tag necklace that says return to Tiffany's? Whats the elegance?

I know I am missing something here. Can someone please explain?

is it like those UGG boots when they first came in style they were supremely ugly, yet the longer they've been around the more people got used to them and now are considered cute? Even I think they can look cute when worn with the right outfit. Is it one of those things? an acquired taste?

sorry dont mean to offend. I really dont. If I am clueless I plainly admit it.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics