Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Keeping tznius, stylish --- and warm

mp5

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 9:25 am
I have a very hard time staying warm in the winter. My home and work environments are reasonably warm, no one else in my family has this problem but I'm always freezing. I wear layers of clothing and still I get so cold that I often have to stop what I'm doing sometime in the middle of the day and go take a hot shower just so I 'defrost' and can move my fingers freely again (no exaggeration).
I wear a pair of warm, usually fur-lined tights, very warm socks, and several layers over my shirt/sweater - I even bought an electrically-heated vest, which helps some. The only thing that seems to make a real difference is wearing a pair of warm pants over my tights. When I'm wearing a skirt - no matter how warm and fuzzy the tights are, it's just not enough.
I'll wear the pants in the house but if I go out, which I often do for work etc., I only wear skirts.
I'll sometimes wear a skirt over my bulky pants but obviously it is neither womanly nor nice, and I'm trying to find a way to be able to stay warm and still look nice and professional so I can go to work meetings without looking like I'm wearing pajamas... Two pairs of tights don't look good and they cut off the circulation so that's out. Wide pants might be an option, but I never did that outside and don't want to start now unless I have no choice. What do you ladies who live in cold climates or suffer from the cold like me do?
Ideas would be very welcome!

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 9:29 am
Fleece lined leggings.

Fur lined boots to the knee.

Flairy skirt with thicker tights or leggings under.

Sweater dress with tights

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 9:29 am
Layer up. When I ski, I wear silk long Johns under regular long johns with black leggings on top. This is all under a skirt. You can wear boots to meet your skirt.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 9:30 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Tue, Feb 12 2019, 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total

rgr

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 9:43 am
smileforamile wrote:
You should probably get checked out. If you're always freezing, and no one else has the problem, could be there's something going on.

That was my first thought too. Maybe your thyroid?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 9:45 am
Wow OP! Where do you live?

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 9:48 am
Unless you live in Winnipeg or something Definitely see a doc

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 9:56 am
Delete

mp5

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 10:11 am
Thank you all for your replies! A wool dress is something I hadn't thought of... also a flairy skirt of the right length might do it. Silk long johns I'd never heard of, but that might work under regular leggings. Everything else, I've tried. Including 'official' thermal water-ski underclothes.
I live near Jerusalem, far from freezing climate here. I don't have a thyroid problem b"H but it is possible that I do have a form of Raynaud's syndrome which can cause reduced blood flow to the extremities (we just discovered this runs in my family). Doctors aren't sure but their advice to me has been "keep warm". Which is what I'm trying to do here :-)

Thanks again.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 10:15 am
Delete

finallyamommy

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 10:58 am
Hot water bottles? I sit with them in my lap, behind my back, by my feet, and put my hands on them whenever I need. I also get cold super easily, although not that bad, and hot water bottles are a lifesaver.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:01 am
Squishy wrote:
Layer up. When I ski, I wear silk long Johns under regular long johns with black leggings on top. This is all under a skirt. You can wear boots to meet your skirt.

These are great.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:02 am
mp5 wrote:
Thank you all for your replies! A wool dress is something I hadn't thought of... also a flairy skirt of the right length might do it. Silk long johns I'd never heard of, but that might work under regular leggings. Everything else, I've tried. Including 'official' thermal water-ski underclothes.
I live near Jerusalem, far from freezing climate here. I don't have a thyroid problem b"H but it is possible that I do have a form of Raynaud's syndrome which can cause reduced blood flow to the extremities (we just discovered this runs in my family). Doctors aren't sure but their advice to me has been "keep warm". Which is what I'm trying to do here :-)

Thanks again.

I'm with you, OP. sending hugs. life when you're always cold is just so uncomfortable. I diagnosed myself with Raynaud's too.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:42 am
I wear two pairs of tights, never had a problem with circulation. The top pair should be bigger and stretchy (MeMoi are great). And no one can tell you’re wearing two pairs so I’m not sure why you say it “doesn’t look nice.” My legs and feet are always cold, and this is the only thing that works.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics