Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
I lost my car keys. Please help!!
1  2  3  Next

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 3:37 pm
I have no idea where they are and I need my car. Who do I call to get the car open? Where do I take it? How do I get a new key? I am located in Brooklyn. Any info would be really appreciated!!

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 3:40 pm
That's frustrating!!!

Maybe call shomrim? They can help open your car and might be able to help you with where to get a new key.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 3:43 pm
Chaverim...

You can also go to a dealer of the make and model of your car and they can make a key...

Show them the reg and title..

simba

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 3:43 pm
Any idea where the second set is? It should have come with 2. I have lost my keys many times but always found them in the end. Check between couch cushions and your coat pockets. Did you give it to one of the kids for something?
There are places like KeyMe that replicate a key but you would have had to register it before you lost it.
Last resort, I would call the leasing agent who I took the car from and see what advice he has.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 3:51 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Chaverim...

You can also go to a dealer of the make and model of your car and they can make a key...

Show them the reg and title..

How can I go to the dealer if I don’t have a key?

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 3:52 pm
simba wrote:
Any idea where the second set is? It should have come with 2. I have lost my keys many times but always found them in the end. Check between couch cushions and your coat pockets. Did you give it to one of the kids for something?
There are places like KeyMe that replicate a key but you would have had to register it before you lost it.
Last resort, I would call the leasing agent who I took the car from and see what advice he has.

I looked everywhere and I have no idea where the second key is.

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 3:56 pm
JAM Allsafe was able to make me a new key and meet me by my car when I lost my key 6 years ago. You can try giving them a call at (718) 646-0988.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 3:59 pm
nicole81 wrote:
JAM Allsafe was able to make me a new key and meet me by my car when I lost my key 6 years ago. You can try giving them a call at (718) 646-0988.

Thank you!!!!

Any more info like this would be appreciated!!

librarylady

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 4:00 pm
Try saying the tefilah for lost things, Amar Rabi Binyamin...
If you're in Brooklyn take public transportation to the dealer.
Does anyone else in your family have a copy?
When you do get a new key, make sure to make a couple copies of it (walmart does this, and many other places, for a few dollars) and keep them in a safe place or give them to trusted friends/relatives.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 4:04 pm
librarylady wrote:
When you do get a new key, make sure to make a couple copies of it (walmart does this, and many other places, for a few dollars) and keep them in a safe place or give them to trusted friends/relatives.

I can take an Uber to the dealer, but I can’t take my car with me in an uber. The dealer needs the car to make a new key. It would not cost a couple of dollars to make a copy of the key. More like a couple hundred. This is a car key, not a house key. There’s a big difference.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 4:11 pm
Could it be locked in the car?

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 4:12 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Could it be locked in the car?

Not really.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 4:15 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Not really.

I hope you find it quickly. Maybe pledge money to tzedakah and recite amar reb binyamin 3x.

simba

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 4:17 pm
Can you remember where you had it last?

I’m sure the dealer will know how to get you a new copy. You can’t be the first person this happened to.

Chickpea

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 4:20 pm
Did anyone come to help you yet? If not, call chaverim 718-431-8181. They made a new car key for me when my key broke. They're wonderful people. Hope you get into your car soon.
Eta: They sent over an authorized locksmith. The key they made is excellent; I'm still using it 3 years later.

Last edited by Chickpea on Sun, Jan 06 2019, 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Learning

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 4:21 pm
librarylady wrote:

If it’s a key with a remote than it is about a $100 a key it has to be done at a store who specializes in these type of Keys. some places can make a cheap copy but it wouldn’t work.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 4:35 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
How can I go to the dealer if I don’t have a key?

You give them your reg with the VIN no. And they can cut a key

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 5:05 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
You give them your reg with the VIN no. And they can cut a key

Ok. Thanks

doctorima

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 6:10 pm
I haven't been in your exact situation, but I've had great experiences with a guy named Mark whose company is called Safekey, # 917-995-5003. The best part is that he comes to you and has a mobile lab in his van, so he can likely make your key on the spot where your car is. Good luck!

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 7:48 pm
Have you had mild weather lately? If so, check the pockets of your rain coat, fall coat, winter coat, etc.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics