Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o I LIKE boiled chicken!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

smile12345

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 2:54 pm
creditcards wrote:
We used to eat this the morning after pesach when we don't have chometz yet. (And we didn't brok on pesach itself) This was the after pesach food.

Growing up, we had this for breakfast every morning on Pesach. I think we used to mix ground almonds in as well.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 3:06 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Ok. This is really weird. I mix matzo meal, milk and sugar. I stir till it has like an oatmeal consistency. I think it’s really good.

My husband grew up eating this for breakfast on pesach.

debsey

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 3:28 pm
amother wrote:
stale licorice.
and now my daughter likes it too!
we open the package and then wait 2 days for it to harden.
so weird I know!

OMG me too! Has to be red Twizzlers though.

If they're not hard, I put them in the freezer.

dare2dream

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 3:34 pm
I like cantaloupe with cottage cheese. My husband thought it was pretty strange the first time I ate it but I grew up eating it this way and have always loved the combination.

levlongnprosper

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 3:59 pm
There's a very long history of boiled chicken. You're just extra traditional ;-)

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 6:23 pm
Cottage cheese and pasta

Ketchup and farfalle

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 6:47 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Ok. This is really weird. I mix matzo meal, milk and sugar. I stir till it has like an oatmeal consistency. I think it’s really good.
I eat oatmeal uncooked. Oats, cold milk, brown sugar and cinnamon and sometimes raisins or coconut too. My kids love it too.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 7:25 pm
Cottage cheese and pasta, ketchup and farfel are both very common combinations.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 7:58 pm
Carrots dipped into melted mozzarella. Now my kids eat it too!

Anon because this is a real giveaway Smile

tweek

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 8:40 pm
dare2dream wrote:
I like cantaloupe with cottage cheese. My husband thought it was pretty strange the first time I ate it but I grew up eating it this way and have always loved the combination.

When I was a teenager on the Start Fresh diet, Marsha (anyone remember her?!) Used to describe a breakfast option of cutting a cantaloupe in half, removing the seeds, filling the middle with cottage cheese, and using a spoon to eat it together. It always sounded so appetizing! I really dislike cottage cheese, but goodness knows I tried it many times because she made it sound so good!

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 8:46 pm
Hi guys. OP here. I'm surrounded by people who think boiled chicken is Disgusting, I'm so glad for the replies on this thread. Going now to have some boiled chicken with a little soup to moisten it. Yum. Nothing wrong with me.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 9:14 pm
My mother in law can sometimes be found primly seated, napkin on lap, proper plate, dining on... A raw onion!
Snacktime!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 9:47 pm
Amother orange, ewwwww that's plain disgusting! I don't want to imagine her smell......

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 9:54 pm
Actually, my Mom in law sparkles. She buys Listerine in bulk at Costco...

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 10:05 pm
Potato kugel with cottage cheese and sour cream.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 4:07 am
I don't think its disgusting. I wouldn't serve it as a meal to guests, but I often shred up the soup chicken and serve with soup. I used to think it had no nutrients after being boiled for so long but I googled and seemingly it still has some protein and nutrients.

I'm not a big fan of reheated chicken in general...its usually 10 times better the first time its served. My chicken gets cooked right before shabbos.

moonstone

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 4:37 am
I don't mind a bit of chicken in the soup (not much, just a few bites) but I would never eat a piece of boiled chicken on a plate as part of a main course. That doesn't appeal to me at all.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 5:49 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I eat oatmeal uncooked. Oats, cold milk, brown sugar and cinnamon and sometimes raisins or coconut too. My kids love it too.

I do that as well. It's my normal weekday breakfast. Didn't even occur to me that it's unusual Very Happy

Simple1

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 7:06 am
thunderstorm wrote:

I've had this, but without the sugar. But I generally prefer things not sweet.

The cantaloupe and cottage cheese sounds similar to canned fruit - peaches or pears- which I learned from my mother. I thought that was a popular combination.

And as far as boiled chicken. Not my taste, but definitely socially acceptable. To each their own. Like, our family can't understand how people like herring.

etky

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 7:15 am
thunderstorm wrote:

Isn't this what muesli is?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics