Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How much do you pay your cleaning lady?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 6:59 pm
I got a new one which I really liked! Just wondering what’s normal to pay these days being that minimum wage went up...

SuperWify

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:23 pm
Location? I pay $13

bigsis144

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:30 pm
In my location (Silver Spring, MD), cleaning help charges "by the house" rather than by the hour. I pay $80 for my 4 bedroom house, and she's usually here for about 3 hours.

This is WAY more than I paid in Chicago ($15/hr) or New York ($12/hour).

Right now, I have her once a week 'cuz I just had a baby, but I used to have her every other week and hope to get back to that schedule eventually 'cuz dang the expense builds up....

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:35 pm
We legalized our nanny because my husband wants to be a judge. Costs us 100 a day plus 100+per week for the legalized expenses (insurance, taxes,fees to lawyers).

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:38 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
In my location (Silver Spring, MD), cleaning help charges "by the house" rather than by the hour. I pay $80 for my 4 bedroom house, and she's usually here for about 3 hours.

This is WAY more than I paid in Chicago ($15/hr) or New York ($12/hour).

Right now, I have her once a week 'cuz I just had a baby, but I used to have her every other week and hope to get back to that schedule eventually 'cuz dang the expense builds up....

It’s the same in northern New Jersey except it’s about 100 per house here.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:40 pm
amother wrote:
We legalized our nanny because my husband wants to be a judge. Costs us 100 a day plus 100+per week for the legalized expenses (insurance, taxes,fees to lawyers).

What does this mean "legalized a nanny". You made her eligible to legally work? or you pay her as per the laws required of domestic employees.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:45 pm
The going rate varies by location. Where I live the rate is minimum $13 and usually closer to $15/hour.

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:46 pm
amother wrote:
What does this mean "legalized a nanny". You made her eligible to legally work? or you pay her as per the laws required of domestic employees.

Started off as a regular cleaning lady. We do not live in New York or the tristate area. We back paid the nanny tax and got insurance and registered as an employer in our state etc. My husband handled the details. He said it was a real headache and surprisingly expensive.

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:47 pm
I live in Boro park I pay $11. Some already pay $12.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:50 pm
$15 in Flatbush.

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:50 pm
Lakewood NJ. I pay $13 during week. If I need her weekends she charges $14 hr

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:52 pm
I don't have but just want to clarify that I know people in northern nj who at least a few years ago were paying by the hour.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:53 pm
Lakewood $15. It annoys my neighbors but I'm not paying her any less. I know even that much isn't a living wage.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:54 pm
In Denver I paid $35 per hour

yo'ma

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:54 pm
Less than $5 an hour plus transportation and she's paid legally. Argentina

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:58 pm
Monsey- $11 an hour plus one way cab each day - $6. It comes out to $11.60 an hour.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:58 pm
amother wrote:
Started off as a regular cleaning lady. We do not live in New York or the tristate area. We back paid the nanny tax and got insurance and registered as an employer in our state etc. My husband handled the details. He said it was a real headache and surprisingly expensive.

Okay. Where I live (also not tristate) most people who have full time nannies do it legally.

happyone

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 8:02 pm
amother wrote:
In Denver I paid $35 per hour

good enough reason to live in NY. I pay 12.

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 8:04 pm
[..

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 8:05 pm
11-12 in nyc
15$ in the summer in the Catskills
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry