Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Highend luxurios kosher vacation
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

shoshi2222

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:10 pm
Ok, here is my dilema. I grew up on the ritz-carlton, Waldorf and the like (baal teshuva). Let's just say I like the finer things in life. So now where can I go on vacation with my family where we can be wined and dined with 5 star accommodations? - not israel. Its either a 5 star resort and shlepping food or a dump with tons of mediocre food - I.e. raleigh hotel.
Please tell me, what am I missing? I know there are rich frum people with good taste out there vacationing

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:24 pm
Check out KMR and such, they run kosher programs at high end hotels.
There are programs that go the safaris in Africa and different destinations every summer/ winter break.

shoshi2222

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:31 pm
Right so I'm not loving these "programs" because only available on certain dates.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:35 pm
I once went to the arlington hotel in new hampshire. Was pretty fancy

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:39 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I once went to the arlington hotel in new hampshire. Was pretty fancy

Would most definitely not compare it to the ritz.
It’s reallt Israel or the programs. They’re available pretty often- like now there’s one in Africa, two weeks ago there was kmr. Yt there’s tons. The summer etc.

Another option is to go to a nice hotel anywhere with nice kosher restaurants. Enjoy the hotels other amenties and either order in or go out for food.

Are u looking to stay in the us? Europe has some beautiful cities with delicious kosher restaurants- Rome, Paris

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:42 pm
shoshi2222 wrote:
Right so I'm not loving these "programs" because only available on certain dates.

Europe has a few kosher hotels. Not the Ritz bit nice enough.

You can always stay in a city with kosher restaurants.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:00 pm
Stay in a city with kosher restaurants and high end hotels. Go somewhere more off the grid and bring along a private chef (if you are Uber wealthy).

happyone

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:02 pm
can I come along as your nanny? Smile

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:05 pm
shoshi2222 wrote:
Ok, here is my dilema. I grew up on the ritz-carlton, Waldorf and the like (baal teshuva). Let's just say I like the finer things in life. So now where can I go on vacation with my family where we can be wined and dined with 5 star accommodations? - not israel. Its either a 5 star resort and shlepping food or a dump with tons of mediocre food - I.e. raleigh hotel.
Please tell me, what am I missing? I know there are rich frum people with good taste out there vacationing

Few and far between. If you want nice kosher dining go to LA. Want a nice hotel? The Waldorf in Jlm is nice. Otherwise, you can travel well but will need to sacrifice with regards to food. Many hotels will send a chef to your room, so if you bring stuff to cook with and food that could work.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:06 pm
Wealthy people sometimes bring along a chef with them to wherever their vacation destination is.

shoshi2222

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:29 pm
happyone wrote:
can I come along as your nanny? Smile

Totally! With 7 kids in toe. Must travel w/nanny

shoshi2222

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:34 pm
amother wrote:
Few and far between. If you want nice kosher dining go to LA. Want a nice hotel? The Waldorf in Jlm is nice. Otherwise, you can travel well but will need to sacrifice with regards to food. Many hotels will send a chef to your room, so if you bring stuff to cook with and food that could work.

So we just finished a 3 wk vacation at the Waldorf in jerusalem. Was ok. Wasn't the Waldorf on park but it did the job.
Why cant there be a highend koshe hotel in the us ? Isn't there enough of a demand? To go somewhere with 7 kids and have to eat 3 meals out, early am, coffee late night hunger etc. Annoying.

shoshi2222

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:37 pm
amother wrote:
Wealthy people sometimes bring along a chef with them to wherever their vacation destination is.

Yes but that's when you rent a house. I looked into Costa Rica. They offer that

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:40 pm
shoshi2222 wrote:
Yes but that's when you rent a house. I looked into Costa Rica. They offer that

No. Hotels can send a chef to your room, but you need to be equipped with the kosher stuff for them to cook with, which is a pain.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:42 pm
The cresta hotel in Davos Switzerland seems like a fine place to me!

amother
Lilac

no there is not a demand because they would have it then. Go away for pesach. there are plenty of kosher hotels for that. And the closest thing to what you are looking for in the US in KMR. Been going away with them for years. and if you don't like any of these options you can always go to any resort and bring your own chef etc...

shoshi2222

amother wrote:
No. Hotels can send a chef to your room, but you need to be equipped with the kosher stuff for them to cook with, which is a pain.

That's even more of a shlep ! I'm on vaca I don't want to see a pot or pan or the inside of a kitchen , lol

shoshi2222

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:44 pm
amother wrote:
no there is not a demand because they would have it then. Go away for pesach. there are plenty of kosher hotels for that. And the closest thing to what you are looking for in the US in KMR. Been going away with them for years. and if you don't like any of these options you can always go to any resort and bring your own chef etc...

Thanks. Not looking for yom tov. Kmr is the best us option. I figured. Have you been to vail with them?

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:46 pm
why do you need a vacation if you just came back from a 3 week vacation?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:46 pm
Contact this guy: http://www.the-kosherconcierge.com/main.html

He will create a custom vacation for you wherever you want to go, fully kosher.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics