Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pandas and sleep
Previous  1  2

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:14 am
amother wrote:
Woah!! That's a lot of info all at once. Does one person really do all those things or each person picks and chooses which of those they will try and then see if it has the desired affect. How would I treat yeast as that's something I'm already thinking might be one of the issues here? Also would you know how liver issues are diagnosed? I think my pediatrician actually did blood work to check her liver function and condition but maybe you can shed some light on that please.

Thanks.
So gf/df diet can be done at the same time as the rest of the stuff. If you suspect yeast, you can ask your dr for a script for nystatin or diflucan. It's hard to diagnose, most ppl go off of symptoms. For liver issues, most of the time they won't show up on testing, but lots of pandas kids have under-functioning livers so lots of people use supplements that support liver function such as milk thistle or NAC (which incidentally can also be helpful with anxiety, ocd and tics) or glutathione. The other stuff that's more specific to sleep and relaxation, I think people try one at a time and see if it works for them. But there are definitely people that are using all of this stuff all at the same time, in conjunction with abx. Magnesium and b's are really basic for anyone with any neuro issues, it's the gaba, 5htp, tryptophan, l theanine etc that's more of an extra to address specific issues, but many people find them helpful for the anxiety and ocd in general. Parasites are also a major cause of insomnia.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics