Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What do u think when you see a young woman wearinga fur coat
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

OBnursemom

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 7:16 pm
amother wrote:
Do you think fur is appropriate to every age?

I don’t think 3 year olds wearing head to toe black is appropriate. I don’t think kids wearing $400 shabbos ensembles is appropriate. I don’t think that little kids shoes should cost more than $50. No one cares what I think.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 7:21 pm
amother wrote:
Re Ted baker coat: not in a thousand years would I buy a winter coat that fastens only with a sash and not real fasteners like buttons, snaps or a zipper. Nor would I buy a winter coat that can’t be fastened all the way up to the throat. Wear that coat one fine blustery winter day and you’ll figure out why. Hopefully you won’t need your hands for anything like carrying a bag or holding your dc hand or hanging on to your dh during major wind gusts, because they will be frantically trying to keep the accursed coat flaps closed. Those coats may look great but are a really asinine design for cold weather.

When I was engaged I got a gorgeous sheared beaver fur coat. I didn't wear it for a few years and then I wore it only once or twice a year to a simcha only to wear it to the coat room.

My mil bought me a hip length mink coat several years ago because I told her the sheared beaver was too much coat I never wore it yet.

I don't like them because they are too hot. I prefer layers in the cold weather. I like the Ted Baker coat, but not so much the embroidery. I don't want anything that makes me feel bundled. I rarely close my coats in the winter.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 7:42 pm
amother wrote:
Re Ted baker coat: not in a thousand years would I buy a winter coat that fastens only with a sash and not real fasteners like buttons, snaps or a zipper. Nor would I buy a winter coat that can’t be fastened all the way up to the throat. Wear that coat one fine blustery winter day and you’ll figure out why. Hopefully you won’t need your hands for anything like carrying a bag or holding your dc hand or hanging on to your dh during major wind gusts, because they will be frantically trying to keep the accursed coat flaps closed. Those coats may look great but are a really asinine design for cold weather.

Shrug. That's why I wear my Land's End coat when its cold. I do own a wool coat -- with buttons -- that I purchased at Sym's (so you know how old it is), but its plain.

I like lots of things I'd never buy.

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 7:45 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
I don’t think 3 year olds wearing head to toe black is appropriate. I don’t think kids wearing $400 shabbos ensembles is appropriate. I don’t think that little kids shoes should cost more than $50. No one cares what I think.

I do! Cheers

Laiya

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 8:11 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
All those pompom hats that are all the rage are raccoon fur. Sorry to disillusion all those that think they don’t buy fur.

There are definitely synthetic pompom hats, but you're right not to assume.

happyone

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 9:40 pm
Good for anyone that has one. Everyone deserves to be warm in these brutal winters. Age doesnt matter, and its not your business how they obtained one. On that note, im still waiting for the magic genie or even Santa to deliver mine.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 11:22 pm
This thead reminded me that my late husband bought a mink coat for my little girl when she was six months old. It was a a girls size six. He was a little confused about sizes.

She ended up being able to wear it for quite a few years because of the cut. It's not something I would have bought, but it was nice because she had this when he was nifta, and people made a big fuss about it.

tobee

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:23 am
Why is it anyone's business!? Btw, Hashem put the animals in the world for our pleasure and to sustain us. The fur can warm us, etc. Most of us eat chicken and meat as that is what God intended! And if u think otherwise,then u are disillusioned by this corrupt world of ours that treats animals with extra care and devotion and doesn't care one bit about the human race. Im not advocating cruelty to animals but to buy a fur shud be fine, and if u don't think so -don't buy one but stop judging the one who does!

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:32 am
tobee wrote:
Why is it anyone's business!? Btw, Hashem put the animals in the world for our pleasure and to sustain us. The fur can warm us, etc. Most of us eat chicken and meat as that is what God intended! And if u think otherwise,then u are disillusioned by this corrupt world of ours that treats animals with extra care and devotion and doesn't care one bit about the human race. Im not advocating cruelty to animals but to buy a fur shud be fine, and if u don't think so -don't buy one but stop judging the one who does!

I haven't done the research yet so I'm just guessing right now, but from some of the comments on this thread I'm assuming that the way the fur is obtained might not be something you'd want to read about over dinner.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:41 am
tobee wrote:

this needs more than a like! Hashem put animals in this world for us to benifit from them!!!

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 1:35 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I haven't done the research yet so I'm just guessing right now, but from some of the comments on this thread I'm assuming that the way the fur is obtained might not be something you'd want to read about over dinner.

Is it worse than suede or leather?

meme6

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 1:43 pm
amother wrote:
Is it worse than suede or leather?

Leather is actually a non jewish thing and in the non Jewish world utsnworn by lowlifes
Suedes ar cheaper and not as nice

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 1:52 pm
tobee wrote:

There is a prohibition against tzar baalei chayim, actually, so I don’t know where you’re getting that from.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 1:55 pm
meme6 wrote:
Leather is actually a non jewish thing and in the non Jewish world utsnworn by lowlifes

So you wear pleather shoes and boots? Or are you a "lowlife"?

BTW, leather jackets, coats and skirts are worn by all kinds of lowlifes like Kate Middleton

Melania Trump

and Michelle Obama

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 2:35 pm
meme6 wrote:

huh?

meme6

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:
huh?

Leather jackets were at one point worn only my motorcycle gangs and harlots. Go do your research

meme6

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 2:42 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So you wear pleather shoes and boots? Or are you a "lowlife"?

BTW, leather jackets, coats and skirts are worn by all kinds of lowlifes like Kate Middleton

Melania Trump

and Michelle Obama

First off leather jackets were only worn by motorcycle gangs and harlots go do your research. We were not talking about shoes and no I don’t wear leather clothing I do wear leather boots and shoes which was never an issue.

Kate Middleton isnt toras moshe doesn’t make it right cause she wears it

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Jan 26 2019, 12:29 pm
The conversation here is about cruelty to animals, not about how refined you think a certain look is. In this context, there's no difference if you're using the leather for shoes or for a jacket.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Jan 26 2019, 7:19 pm
tobee wrote:
I agree, fwiw. Alas animals are now viewed as more important.

Tzaar baalei chayim refers to needless pain. We are allowed to shecht even though it causes minimal pain.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 2:04 am
I bought myself a beautiful youthful faux fur Shabbos jacket with leather trim last winter at Zara for $100. I get lots of compliments. Yes, it is in style here in Brooklyn with the young ones.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics