Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Brrrrrrr!
1  2  3  4  Next

Waves

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:07 pm
Who else has freezing weather?!
Stay warm!!

Last edited by Waves on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

gingertop

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:08 pm
I'm thinking if I should post the weather here in Israel or if it will make y'all jealous..

gingertop

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:09 pm
Anyway, stay warm everyone! Just thinking of the weather in the midwest is making me cold.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:21 pm
Where's that global warming when you need it?

gingertop wrote:
I'm thinking if I should post the weather here in Israel or if it will make y'all jealous..

It was horrible! I needed a light sweater today! Surprised

People in Australia are probably having a barbeque on the beach right about now.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:33 pm
Snow is forecast (but probably won't settle since there will also be rain)where I live but so far its been nice and mild today. I didn't even need gloves. The weather report says -2 celsius.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:41 pm
Lakewood nj

Was 20 degrees this morning
Went up to 35 with snow in the forecast this afternoon.
Going down to 9 degrees tonight

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:43 pm
Im in Chicago and its insane. My sons yeshiva not only had school but 70% of boys came! I went to work late and went um more casual then I have ever showed up and really dont care lol. Im warm its all that matters!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:44 pm
Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee

Sending everyone hot cocoa!

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:45 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Im in Chicago and its insane. My sons yeshiva not only had school but 70% of boys came! I went to work late and went um more casual then I have ever showed up and really dont care lol. Im warm its all that matters!

Are the supermarkets open?
( I’m always thinking about food 😉)

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:47 pm
2, felt 1. It's ok, snow won't stick

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:47 pm
The kosher only stores are open. I did not check to see if the chain store with the large kosher section is open.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 2:18 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

People in Australia are probably having a barbeque on the beach right about now.

I heard it’s scortching hot there now- above 100 degrees!!! That would probably kill me. I don’t even tolerate regular summer weather.

Beingreal

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 2:39 pm
In Nj it's really cold! Planning a Pjs day for me and kids tomorrow for 1st day of vacation!

Fox

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 2:41 pm
My weather app says it's -14, which is a big improvement! It was -21 when I got up. I stocked up on food and whatnot over the weekend, and I'm keeping my nose inside.

My DH had to go to Skokie Hospital last night for an emergency potassium treatment, and he said the ER entrance had a number of homeless people camped out. The shelters were full, and most won't take people with drug problems or mental health issues, so the charge nurse in the ER overrode the hospital administration and allowed them to stay. Good call, IMHO.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 3:08 pm
I just got an alert on my phone for a snow squall, which is apparently some sort of quick but intense snowstorm. They're warning of white-out conditions. We had blue skies an hour ago but the clouds are rolling in quickly. It's currently a balmy 32° but feels colder with the wind.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 3:17 pm
Fox wrote:
My weather app says it's -14, which is a big improvement! It was -21 when I got up. I stocked up on food and whatnot over the weekend, and I'm keeping my nose inside.

My DH had to go to Skokie Hospital last night for an emergency potassium treatment, and he said the ER entrance had a number of homeless people camped out. The shelters were full, and most won't take people with drug problems or mental health issues, so the charge nurse in the ER overrode the hospital administration and allowed them to stay. Good call, IMHO.

cheaper then treating them for hypothermia.

MitzadSheini

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 3:18 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Good idea....

Where I live near the coast the forecast is for 34c today so nice and warm. But go 10 miles inland and it will be 38 or more which is over 100F.

As I said elsewhere I think it is amazing how this can all happen at the same time.

sequoia

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 3:20 pm
I’m in Chicago, not going out today!

princessleah

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 4:52 pm
FYI, this IS due to global warming, due to temperatures getting warmer in the arctic, glaciers melting, etc., but I won't bore you with science

Coke Slurpee

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 5:53 pm
I'm in Chicago. Hibernating inside, but my husband had no problem going out for minyan.

The nutty part of this Chicago weather is that Sunday is a high of 51° and we will go outside wearing just sweatshirts thinking it's so warm!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics