Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you wear modest nightgowns?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 10:39 pm
What sleepwear do you feel is acceptable? Do you have things that aren’t modest and then wear a robe? Always wear slippers?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 10:41 pm
I wear mostly modest nightgowns, such as scoop neck but with sleeves, long but not till my ankles. I also wear PJ's.

Lately I've been getting dressed in the morning before I leave my bedroom, but I have no problem going out of my room with any of my nightgowns or PJs. Lingerie is a different story.

I like to wear socks instead of slippers but I don't must wear any. I go barefoot also.

-chassidishe woman

pesek zman

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 10:41 pm
Modest nightgowns for me may be different than to you. For me it means they have (short) sleeves (as opposed to straps) I wear these during niddah. Otherwise, no.

What do slippers have to do with anything?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 10:43 pm
I wear pajamas and sometimes nightgowns. Some are more modest than others and I don't wear a robe on top . I don't walk around in sleeveless though. I wear slippers for comfort and to keep my feet clean and warm not for any other reason.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 10:43 pm
Nope. I never wear nightgowns, I don't even own one. During niddah I wear a long sleeve pj shirt with pj pants or sweatpants. Otherwise I wear tank tops, short sleeve v necks, yoga pants, lingereish looking pjs (I guess you can call them nightgowns but they are definitely not modest), just my undergarments, sometimes my birthday suit, etc.

ETA - I live in a tiny one bedroom with a baby. I don't plan on dressing like this once my kids are older. And I don't own slippers either.

sequoia

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 10:44 pm
I wear pink pajamas Smile

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 10:44 pm
I think you'll get a wide range of answers on this one. It depends more on sensitivities than halacha.

During niddah time I wear a tznius nightgown (long sleeves, high neck, long length). I'll wear this around the house. At other times I generally sleep in a t-shirt and pajama pants. I'll walk around upstairs like this, but if I'm going to walk around the house I'll put on a bathrobe.

If I'm sleeping in anything less...my bedroom door is locked Wink

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 10:50 pm
I enjoy sleeping in comfy cotton or polyester tops, with comfortable slinky skirt. I have many different color skirts and pretty shell tops (from Elzees). It feels comfortable and decently dressed, perfect for morning to come out as is.
Chassidishe woman-

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 10:54 pm
DH and I wear modest nightgowns. When we are on vacation without the kids we both wear pajamas lol.

aliavi

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 10:57 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Modest nightgowns for me may be different than to you. For me it means they have (short) sleeves (as opposed to straps) I wear these during niddah. Otherwise, no.

What do slippers have to do with anything?

Slippers are for modesty, for women that don’t wear sandals and show feet.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
I wear mostly modest nightgowns, such as scoop neck but with sleeves, long but not till my ankles. I also wear PJ's.

Lately I've been getting dressed in the morning before I leave my bedroom, but I have no problem going out of my room with any of my nightgowns or PJs. Lingerie is a different story.

I like to wear socks instead of slippers but I don't must wear any. I go barefoot also.

-chassidishe woman

PJs meaning pants and top? The same clothing with any over bar mitzvah sons at home?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:01 pm
amother wrote:
I enjoy sleeping in comfy cotton or polyester tops, with comfortable slinky skirt. I have many different color skirts and pretty shell tops (from Elzees). It feels comfortable and decently dressed, perfect for morning to come out as is.
Chassidishe woman-

That’s a great idea!

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
I think you'll get a wide range of answers on this one. It depends more on sensitivities than halacha.

During niddah time I wear a tznius nightgown (long sleeves, high neck, long length). I'll wear this around the house. At other times I generally sleep in a t-shirt and pajama pants. I'll walk around upstairs like this, but if I'm going to walk around the house I'll put on a bathrobe.

If I'm sleeping in anything less...my bedroom door is locked Wink

I could have been more specific as to hashkafa, but it seems more inclusive to leave it open. I’m RW yeshivish.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:06 pm
I wear those long sleeve and below the knees nightgowns. And a pair of leggings underneath when its cold. Comfortable and modest. This is what I like to wear.

Signed,
The BT who use to wear bikinis

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:08 pm
amother wrote:
Nope. I never wear nightgowns, I don't even own one. During niddah I wear a long sleeve pj shirt with pj pants or sweatpants. Otherwise I wear tank tops, short sleeve v necks, yoga pants, lingereish looking pjs (I guess you can call them nightgowns but they are definitely not modest), just my undergarments, sometimes my birthday suit, etc.

ETA - I live in a tiny one bedroom with a baby. I don't plan on dressing like this once my kids are older. And I don't own slippers either.

Children growing up can change things like that which was somewhat what prompted this post Smile

yksraya

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:11 pm
sequoia wrote:
I wear pink pajamas Smile

And pink fuzzy socks? Wink

Moonlight

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
DH and I wear modest nightgowns. When we are on vacation without the kids we both wear pajamas lol.

Wow your DH wears a modest nightgown? Talk about עמו אנכי בצרה
Just joking around

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:13 pm
I wear nightgowns, some with low necks or above the knee. All the time.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:14 pm
amother wrote:
PJs meaning pants and top? The same clothing with any over bar mitzvah sons at home?

What’s wrong with boys seeing their own mother in pajama pants?

sequoia

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:16 pm
yksraya wrote:
And pink fuzzy socks? Wink

Always
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics